Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2004, 11:16   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ July 05 2004,02:05)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (papps @ July 02 2004,18:51)]Rehaan i'll ask my friend and let you know, but as far as i know he had bought it from a german who was leaving India and had changed a few hands
Hey Papps,

Well my dad sold the bike more than 20 years ago! So there is that slight possibility yknow.
I told him about it today and he asked me to try and find out what the number plate is, so if you could check that out and PM me i would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Rehaan
the number on the bike is BML 809, it was bought from someone in Pune and it is up for sale again.

interested in buying it back??
Old 9th July 2004, 13:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the info papps,

Sadly its not my dad's old bike, I have PMd you about checking the bike out as he will be comming to pune in 2 weeks.

Thanks again,
cya
R
Old 25th September 2004, 08:48   #18
BHPian

I've seen the following cars in Pune over the past several years... (sorry no pics, I wasn't a member of team-bhp then... :)

- Audi TT
- Porsche Cayenne (2 weeks back! that thing is BIG!!!)
- Mini (new)
- 750 iL
- SL 500
- London Cab (old)
- Bentley Arnage R (I actually stopped and talked to the guy driving it, turned out to be the dealer!)
- VW Beetle (new)
- BMW 635 CSi
- Jaguar XJ12 (the most graceful car I've ever laid eyes on)
- SLK
- Alfa Romeo 166 (?) (On the expressway, I kid you not)

mvk

Old 25th September 2004, 10:36   #19
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]London Cab (old)
Red??

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Bentley Arnage R
Was it dark blue one with 9999 regn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]BMW 635 CSi
Old or New??
Old 25th September 2004, 11:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ Sep. 25 2004,09:06)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]London Cab (old)
Red??
Right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Bentley Arnage R
Was it dark blue one with 9999 regn?
Don't know but it was either dark blue or black (it was evening around 7:30pm) Was too excited to see the registration number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]BMW 635 CSi
Old or New??
Old... silver

mvk
Old 25th September 2004, 16:43   #21
BHPian

the cab belongs to sanas builders
they also have a 1950's american police car which was gifted to them by the mayor of san fransisco, *the earlier sanas was the first mayor of pune & most of pune has been laid down by them

they have over 50 cars, some of which are parked in their residence at koregoan park, regular friends who visit them are jackie shroff & anil ambani

poonawala has a stretch limo, a cadillac & a pullman s600, a 30's rolls & *a black x5 who's registration is mh -- -- X5
they also have LS430's etcetc

the talera's have immaculate hevy bel air's, & bout a dozen retro cars all imaculate

the soloman brothers have a bsa goldstar on which they have spent an eye popping amount of money to restore...& none of you guys would believe what it is worth!
Old 25th September 2004, 17:01   #22
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]poonawala has a stretch limo, a cadillac & a pullman s600, a 30's rolls & a black x5 who's registration is mh -- -- X5
they also have LS430's etcetc
Werent these cars featured in Overdrive in the test drive of the S320 last year? They also have a RR stretch limo. Dippy remember the maroon RR limo pic u took. MH-12 regn. That's Poonawala's.
Old 25th September 2004, 19:21   #23
BHPian

i dunno bout the overdrive article but i've seen all of them during my pune visits outside the race course, like half of pune has seen them

another guy is bala of venkys but i think he's just into s classes & lx470, nothing too exotic..
Old 19th October 2004, 23:28   #24
BHPian

Hey guys ive met this parsi guy at lonavala (hes pretty regular there on weekends) who owns the 308 GTS pretty cheerful guy ...told me that he bought the big 'F' from the customs auctions for just under 8 lacks!
Old 20th October 2004, 04:32   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Well i dont live in poona but my factory is in poona and aunt and all live there so i visit a few times. Not seen any super cars there but LX470 is pretty common...u cant really say if the cars u see in poona r actually from poona coz of it being an industrial area all the rich businessmen must be driving down for the day from bombay in their sleek and sick machines...But i am sure the best cars r owned by Bala (venkys) and Poonawala family.
Old 24th December 2004, 09:21   #26
Team-BHP Support

I am an Ex-Bombayite...

[color=Blue][font=Comic Sans MS]Well guys I am an Ex-Bombayite and have been staying in Pune from the past 1 and half year.... Pune is majorly a bikers paradise so lest it is some business celebrity from Pune you wont find much modded cars here as much you can spot them in Bombay...well to go off with I agree with the building in Koregaon Park opposite Monginis where I have seen ample number of beauties in the parking lot... then I know of a builder who has a good collection of cars including the latest 7-Series... an SL-500, a mini cooper a VW Beetle the latest one and the highlight of all he uses a helicopter to commute from home to office and uses his cars for getaways note all his cars have the same 4 digit reg. number......I have also spotted the Bentley Arnage ..... A huge GMC SUV dunno the model (Its bigger than the Endeavour) green in colour.... this guy also has a couple of mercs... well Papps I saw the Boxster S that u are talking about... it was standing in a puddle outside one of the restaurants in Koregaon Park on North Main Road.... how could the owner do that.!!!!....I still have my heart and soul attached to Bombay and intend to shift out of Pune soon.... Life is slow here..... no adrenaline in cars.... !!![/font][/color]
Old 24th December 2004, 10:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A huge GMC SUV dunno the model (Its bigger than the Endeavour) green in colour.... this
That must be the Suburban. Btw I had heard there was a 360 Modena in Pune too. Any info on that?

Dippy
Old 24th December 2004, 19:18   #28
Team-BHP Support

Nope buddy.... I dont think there is any ferrari here in Pune... Pune doesnt have potholes between roads rather it has roads between potholes... I dont think anyone would go for the prancing horse in this city... if there is any I have no clue on it...I have although spotted an Acura NSX here... I have confirmed from a source today that the GMC truck is a suburban..... I shall soon try to get pics of all the cars that I have spoted in the city when my friend lends me his Digi cam ... :-( Sad I dont have one.... shall try to get pics as soon as possible....
Old 21st April 2005, 04:00   #29
BHPian

ferrari comes to pune

all the audis and porches are here in pune for testing and homologation at ARAI. no wonder if we get to see a lambo in some weeks .
anyways hey moral fibre - we do have a ferrari in pune inspite of the roads in potholes -- -- i had tried to get pics - but a guard with a gun came running --- had to run for my life ---may be better luck next time
Old 21st April 2005, 04:08   #30
BHPian

pics of bentley arnage i guess

hey i have some pics of a bentley-- pls tell how to upload ???[/IMG]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks