Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 16:36   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Two new Phantoms have arrived in Mumbai, one was delivered last week, an SWB.The other one is an EWB scheduled for delivery next week. The person who bought the EWB had ordered the Spirit of Ecstasy in Gold, but that was not enough..so he got it replaced with an SoE studded with Swarovski Crystals.. 1350 to be exact!
Oh my God, Awesome. But I'm sure that he must appoint some guard to safe guard the spirit of ecstasy. . Joking, I'm aware of its auto fold when its tried to pulled away!
Old 27th February 2009, 16:39   #647
Senior - BHPian

WOW!!! SOE made out of 1350 Swarovski Crystals.

Thats really cool and an amazing way to add some extra value addition to your car and showing how different your RR is then others.

Must say, recession is only in talks. Even here in Ahmedabad premium cars are being sold more then ever before in last couple of weeks.
Old 27th February 2009, 19:28   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Oh my God, Awesome. But I'm sure that he must appoint some guard to safe guard the spirit of ecstasy. . Joking, I'm aware of its auto fold when its tried to pulled away!
Well i bet the spirit of ecstasy will be kept retracted when parked in public.
Old 27th February 2009, 19:46   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
My car is a Silver Shadow I and her succesor with slight Modifications were the Shadow II. As far as i know there were no long wheel base Shadows known as a Wraith,they were all Shadows. The Wraith is a completly different model. Please the experts throw some light onto this and correct me if i am wrong.
It seems that silver shadow II and silver wraith are the same car.
This is an extract from Wikipedia.

Initially, the long wheelbase model did not have a separate name, but in 1977, with the introduction of the Silver Shadow II, the longer car was dubbed the Silver Wraith II.
The Wraith II is identified by all of alterations found on the Silver Shadow II and additionally an Everflex covered roof (also available as an option on the Silver Shadow II), a smaller rear opera-style window(some customers deleted the smaller back window: for example Jo Bamford of JCB) and different wheel covers. Some Silver Wraith IIs were also fitted with electric divisions which took up the extra four inches of leg room in the rear. Vehicles fitted with the division are now considered highly desirable[citation needed].
Old 2nd March 2009, 00:24   #650
BHPian

@ maverick
WOW!!!

so whats the final count of RR in india till date??
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:28   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@ maverick
WOW!!!

so whats the final count of RR in india till date??
As per my information, there are 38 Rolls Royce Phantom's in India, of which 2 are Drop Head's, which have been sold by Navnit.I am not aware of the number sold by Deutsche Motoren, must be 7-8 more, plus 1 RR Coupe which will go back to the UK after its launch.Of these 38, 15 are from Mumbai!
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:09   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a white RR SWB at Aamby Valley this weekend. It was the same one that is often spotted in south bombay, it's probably the most extensivly used phantom after the mobile store one. I have spotted it at theaters, hotels, night clubs in various locations.

Mav: Do they offer an all inclusive maintainence pack for the RR too? The service bills must be frightening!

Last edited by Sahil : 2nd March 2009 at 14:12.
Old 3rd March 2009, 08:04   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I saw a white RR SWB at Aamby Valley this weekend. It was the same one that is often spotted in south bombay, it's probably the most extensivly used phantom after the mobile store one. I have spotted it at theaters, hotels, night clubs in various locations.

Mav: Do they offer an all inclusive maintainence pack for the RR too? The service bills must be frightening!
All Phantoms are covered with the Service inclusive package for 3 yrs or 100000 Kms as standard! So the customer does not have to pay for anything other than the accident repair damages.
Old 3rd March 2009, 09:16   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Two new Phantoms have arrived in Mumbai, one was delivered last week, an SWB.The other one is an EWB scheduled for delivery next week. The person who bought the EWB had ordered the Spirit of Ecstasy in Gold, but that was not enough..so he got it replaced with an SoE studded with Swarovski Crystals.. 1350 to be exact!
Whoa!! Those things look priceless as hell! Only wonder what the owner would do if the retracting machinery didn't work...
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:47   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All Phantoms are covered with the Service inclusive package for 3 yrs or 100000 Kms as standard! So the customer does not have to pay for anything other than the accident repair damages.
Nice ! Thats the least i'd expect from a car that expensive.
I hope you guys don't see too many accident repair damages? Any severe ones till date?
Old 3rd March 2009, 12:25   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
The Mobile Store RR Phantom is Surat for some days.
Bought a cellphone to get a ride in it and as expected I was blown away..
Though this particular car is not in good shape.

Some Pics I clicked

Oh well there we go, i was missing this one since almost 15 days now.. its a regular visitor to a Fuel station beside me house, so i was able to see it almost daily.. one thing i noticed that the car has been cleaned well.. it used to be a lot more dusty when in Mumbai.. and also second thing is that the red center in the wheel has been put back up, which was missing from all four wheels earlier.. Nice to see it getting some TLC at least.

Waiting to see it come back to MUmbai soon and visit my area back..

Last edited by fx45 : 3rd March 2009 at 12:27.
Old 3rd March 2009, 15:17   #657
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Thats amazing. Premium car demanding premium care!
Any idea bout the pricing of that?
Old 4th March 2009, 20:30   #658
BHPian

Rollers baby!

Hi guys!
lately I see a lot of exotic wheels at Nariman Point in mumbai, outside the Oberoi Hotel. just saw this fantastic sparkling white Rolce with amazing burgandy colour interiors. it was heavenly. I was just blown away by the mere presence of this car! it is so magnificiently elegant and at the same time has this "get out of my way!" attitude!
apart from that I have also seen many (yeah, many!) just newly launched Mercedes Benz S65 AMG! can you believe that?! and to top it, all chaufer driven strictly!

I even chatted up with a chaufer of one such Mercedes S65 AMG and asked him about the ride quality. to which he replied is pretty good. even with those low profile tyres! and then I asked the inevitable- "average kitna deta hai?!" and he replied that he ofcourse hasn't mesured but its about 2 - 2.25 kmpl and on expressway can go upto 2.75 - 3 kmpl!

you can also spot many exotic cars passing by late at marine drive. usually at weekends. I have also seen a Lamborghini gallardo passing by with a thundering sound, SL 500's are spotted many times, also Big Rangies! phew!
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Rolls Royce Phantom-dsc00041.jpg  

Old 5th March 2009, 11:10   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Magikrider- Welcome to the forum. Most of the cars that you speak about have already been spotted and snapped, do browse through this extensive section of the forum to view them. Also it would be better to use running threads such as the Rolls Royce Phantom one to post such pics rather than start new ones.
Old 5th March 2009, 21:49   #660
Senior - BHPian

covers up so much place of a street
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Rolls Royce Phantom-301120083847..jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks