Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 10:27   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Amitabh Bachchan's Car Collection

Did he own a Gallardo? Or has he mistaken his Murcielago for the baby lambo !
Old 20th August 2013, 10:54   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Never knew this!
Those were his cars in London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
From what I hear from a friend in London that Sr Bachan owns a Lambo LM002 SUV back in London. His brothers family lives in London and the car is at their residence. I am not 100% sure but may be someone can try and find out the same. Sr. Bachan has had a strong liking for the Bulls.
Yes he does and the white LM002 is something that he has always wanted. The cars stays at his residence in London and his brother is his neighbour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Did he own a Gallardo? Or has he mistaken his Murcielago for the baby lambo !
He is talking of the cars owned in London and not in Bombay. The countach and Diablo never came to India.
Old 20th August 2013, 10:59   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

He is talking of the cars owned in London and not in Bombay. The countach and Diablo never came to India.
Wonder why he would make that statement 'no place to run them' I would think he is referring to Mumbai, as London has plenty of space on the freeways to run these cars. Moreover his twitter fans at majority Indians.

I guess he probably got these cars down back in the day and soon sent them back to London. You and me were probably little kids back then Speedy, don't think we would have ever known if the cars came to India at all.
Old 20th August 2013, 11:10   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Wonder why he would make that statement 'no place to run them' I would think he is referring to Mumbai, as London has plenty of space on the freeways to run these cars. Moreover his twitter fans at majority Indians.

I guess he probably got these cars down back in the day and soon sent them back to London. You and me were probably little kids back then Speedy, don't think we would have ever known if the cars came to India at all.

I wonder too, but then maybe he was reffering to tight schedules when he shoots abroad and no time to run them. In Bombay the only Diablo VT that came on carnet belonged to a friends brother and besides this car no other car came..oh yes a kit contach is in the country.

That too is a possibility but then there would be mention of it somewhere or the cars seen too. We can discount the Diablo and Contach as we were little kids then but the Gallardo is something we had grown up too. His Murci was bought from the Delhi dealership and i am sure he wont call it a Gallardo. I shall try and find out from him.
Old 22nd February 2016, 15:41   #260
Senior - BHPian

Amitabh remembers his first car in his blog today!!

Quote:
It is day 2882 and I am in wonder .. for this seems to be the number plate of the very first car that came to our family - a day of great rejoicing and cheer .. the car as a Ford Prefect, navy blue in colour, acquired after a long wait, for then, they were imported .. and acquired in the city of birth Allahabad .. at an address which has been of immediate and immense memory, 17 Clive Road .. a room in it, my Father’s study which he named ‘Dashadwaar’ .. 10 doors .. for there actually were 10 openings in this one room …

A car that became our symbol of some importance in that small town society .. a car that was driven only by my Mother, for she was the only one that knew how to drive one .. my Father after many lessons and finally a license, took it out to travel to the University where he taught .. he was not very comfortable with it and at night at a vulnerable crossing he met with an accident, which damaged the car substantially, threw its driver, my Father, from the drivers seat to the back seat in some state of disorientation and never enticed him to drive it anymore …

This was the car that my Mother loaded with all our luggage and her two sons, and drove all the way, all by herself, to Delhi from Allahabad ..

Its number plate was UPC 2882 , i think ..
Click here for the complete blog.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd February 2016 at 16:40.
vinay kamath is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 09:29   #261
Senior - BHPian

Big B in a few recent photos

Mod Note: As a BHPian has pointed out, these vehicles are not part of his collection, they are just being used for a photo shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
Amitabh Bachchan's Car Collection-ab.jpg  

Amitabh Bachchan's Car Collection-ab1.jpg  

Amitabh Bachchan's Car Collection-ab2.jpg  

Amitabh Bachchan's Car Collection-ab3.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th January 2017 at 16:11. Reason: Adding a small note ;)
vinay kamath is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 00:24   #262
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Big Bs Range Rover on sale on our Classifieds.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ge-Rover.html/
Attached Thumbnails
Amitabh Bachchan's Car Collection-picture_231913.jpg  

v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 01:44   #263
BHPian

AB family's Lexus LX570.

Any 2019 update of this garage?

Pic by:dnaindia
Attached Thumbnails
Amitabh Bachchan's Car Collection-capture.png