Team-BHP - Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/224249-used-supercars-sports-cars-sale-india-8.html)

2015 Jaguar F-Type S Convertible - 6,500 km, asking Rs. 59 lakh. Link to ad

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-f-type-1.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-f-type-2.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-f-type-3.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-f-type-4.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-f-type-5.jpg

2005 Ferrari F430 - 18,000 km, asking Rs. 1.5 crore. Link to ad

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-430.jpg

The F430 is the ex Sanjay Dutt car, but wow 5 additional owners from when got this car, as the ad mentions 6 owners on paper. Its considerably overpriced as well IMO

2016 Mercedes-AMG GT S - 7,300 km, asking Rs. 1.3 crore. Link to ad

Name:  GTS 1.png
Views: 8232
Size:  766.8 KB

Name:  GTS 2.png
Views: 8343
Size:  658.7 KB

Name:  GTS 3.png
Views: 8140
Size:  622.1 KB

A 2017 BMW M5 (F90), 13200 km driven, asking Rs 1.25 Cr is up for sale. It's one of the 400 First edition units globally sold.

Link to the Ad

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-m5_1.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-m5_2.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-m5_3.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-m5_4.jpg

Is this car BMW India's Media Car which was reviewed by Team-BHP?
Link to review

Yes, picked by someone in auctions last year at over a Crore but definitely less than current asking price.

A 2018 Mercedes Benz S63 AMG Coupe, 13800 kms driven, asking Rs 1.60 Crore is up for sale.
Link to the ad
Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-s63amg_1.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-s63amg_2.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-s63amg_3.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-s63amg_4a.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-s63amg_6.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-s63amg_5.jpg

Wait so, if I am reading this correctly, on this last page the price ranges seem ridiculous to me!

1.25cr for the M5, 1.3cr for the AMG GT (makes no sense), 1.6cr for the S63 Coupe and the most ridiculous price out there is the 1.5cr asking for the F430.

Why is the Indian premium car market so skewed? How is value decided? Not here to hate on anyone, would just like a better understanding of what factors go behind fixing the price of such cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taronish_E (Post 4884224)
Wait so, if I am reading this correctly, on this last page the price ranges seem ridiculous to me!

1.25cr for the M5, 1.3cr for the AMG GT (makes no sense), 1.6cr for the S63 Coupe and the most ridiculous price out there is the 1.5cr asking for the F430.

Why is the Indian premium car market so skewed? How is value decided? Not here to hate on anyone, would just like a better understanding of what factors go behind fixing the price of such cars.

My thoughts exactly. IIRC, used F430s were selling for around 1.5 Cr almost a decade back!

Quote:

1.25cr for the M5, 1.3cr for the AMG GT (makes no sense), 1.6cr for the S63 Coupe .. would just like a better understanding of what factors go behind fixing the price of such cars.

If that M5, was a single owner individual car, it would have gone same day. The common expectation is to take ex-showroom value as a reference which may not work in many of these cars as the cost of options is very expensive.

Like in this M5, carbon ceramic brakes alone is over 15 lac option and paint will be about 10-12 lac. Bowers Audio is about 6,5 lac and small things like comfort access, seat cooling etc costs 2 lac each. So, even though ex-showroom of this car was 1,45 or so, the loadings would be 30-40 lac and then you add costs of registration etc. However, since this was used by media and in some of the BMW Events and is now into second ownership, it does appear higher.

However, I will like to know, what should be the fair value in your opinion?

Quote:

I have the exact same question as you. My thoughts:I think like all commodities, demand and supply are key here. Supply has only really gone up recently and interest for these cars is quite strong. Demand, on the other hand, seems like a bit of a grey area to me. On one hand we have several individuals interested by these used cars, or at least the idea of a used exotic for the cost of a new BMW. But I'm not quite sure how many actually end up taking the leap.

And add to that the knowledge gap among buyers/sellers is high. This allows certain parties, including dealerships, to pull a fast one and turn a quick profit at times (on both the buy & sell sides). This also makes it harder for a more aware individual to negotiate as you really can't convince someone that's completely oblivious/ignorant especially when there may be potential buyers at that price. And when the car doesn't sell, one can always blame it on the fact that used premium cars move slower.

As most of those reading this may be aware, there's a concept in finance about price discovery and how it directly relates to the liquidity of the market & how much information is available to either parties. With many "off-paper" owners for certain supercars and other odd intricacies, I believe the market is quite an interesting case study.

I've been meaning to dig deeper into the scene – it's honestly quite fascinating!

2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus - 10,800 km, asking Rs. 1.69 crore. Link to ad

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-r8-1.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-r8-2.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-r8-3.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-r8-4.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-r8-5.jpg

Quote:

Because we have not reached a critical mass of supercars which can let the market decide the price. Right now its more like what a buyer and seller feel like its a good price.

For eg, if you are in the market to buy a second hand E-Class, you will have choice from among maybe a 500 or a 1000 E-Classes over the country for sale at any point of time. Choice results in greater competitiveness which ensures that the even though there might be a wide variety of variants, years, engine sizes etc, they all get valued correctly. If you are looking for a certain model with some conditions in your head, you will never overpay.

But if you want say a clean F430, how many are for sale? I dont think more than 2 or 3 at any point in time. If you want say Mr Manoj Lulla's excellent F430, how much are you willing to pay or how much is he willing to sell it for. The market is so small that it could be anything!

In some segments with greater numbers, there seems to be some sort of sanity in prices. For example among 718s or Z4s. But even then you will have to pay quite a sum to get a single owner, clean example.

2014 Lamborghini Aventador - 12,000 km, asking Rs. 2.80 crore. Link to ad

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-aventador-1-1.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-aventador-2-1.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-aventador-3-1.jpg

2016 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG- 13,000 km, asking Rs. 55 lakh. Link to ad

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-c-63-1.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-c-63-2.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-c-63-3.jpg

Used Supercars & Sports Cars on sale in India-c-63-4.jpg