Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2020, 14:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari

If the car number is DL12-CJ-1111, then based on the picture in the second post, the case becomes murkier as the owner according to VAHAN is Mr. SYED BILAL AHMED.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Cops foil thieves' attempt to flee with Ferrari-ferrari458_dl12cj1111.jpg  

AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 14:52   #17
BHPian

I think the current owner (Hyderabad guy) didn't transfer to his name yet & possibly that is the reason the dealer was successful in transferring the car ownership from previous owner (Kerala guy) to this new guy from Delhi.

Important lesson here is to transfer the car on your name after buying it or else the dealer or the previous owner can sell it to someone else.

Also, the wing though custom made, would suit the 458 better if it had the whole body installed as well. Now it looks out of place. Looks are a subjective matter & each opinion should be respected.
Old 2nd July 2020, 15:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Bizarre story indeed and has "shadiness" written all over it. I had to read it thrice just to understand what happened. Out of curiosity, why would the owner park the car at a "friends" place? That too with the keys loosely accessible in the house to just about anyone?
Exactly. Its more than what meets to our eye. Car being registered on someone else's name, close friend stealing the car and more importantly posting videos on social media after stealing.
A complex deal which fell through........
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:32   #19
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe this theory of 3 people stealing someone's Ferrari is just a hogwash. No one (especially a big dealer of supercars) will even take a risk of stealing someone's car and then re-sell it to someone else. Come on, it's a Ferrari - damnit! You cannot just steal such a car and sell it to someone else. It's bound to get noticed, it's bound to raise eyebrows. This is a clear case of a deal gone bad between the owner and the dealer (probably payment issues or anything). And obviously the media has probably been given a different picture to portray (we know how they like to write their stories).

To me, this all looks like a very shady deal. Probably the dealer could be innocent - his people have come to take back the car for non payment of dues. It could be anything.

Such news should be taken with a pinch of salt. This is not Gone in 60 Seconds
v12 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 00:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I believe this theory of 3 people stealing someone's Ferrari is just a hogwash. No one (especially a big dealer of supercars) will even take a risk of stealing someone's car and then re-sell it to someone else. Come on, it's a Ferrari - damnit! You cannot just steal such a car and sell it to someone else. It's bound to get noticed, it's bound to raise eyebrows. This is a clear case of a deal gone bad between the owner and the dealer (probably payment issues or anything). And obviously the media has probably been given a different picture to portray (we know how they like to write their stories).

To me, this all looks like a very shady deal. Probably the dealer could be innocent - his people have come to take back the car for non payment of dues. It could be anything.

Such news should be taken with a pinch of salt. This is not Gone in 60 Seconds
I absolutely agree with this.

The allegations appear too bizarre to make sense. I work as a criminal defence lawyer, and have seen some extremely unconventional cases, but this one just sounds odd - it seems there is more on the side of the supposed owner of the Ferrari that has not actually been disclosed. That being said, we all are also aware how incorrect news reports (especially about cases like these) can be.

Perhaps it would be useful to wait for more developments on the story before indulging in any sort of online-detective-scheme (including tracing owners through registration number of cars - which I believe is not allowed on the forum anyway). I realise this is no Reddit-Boston-bomber level matter, but let's keep our tinfoil hats off for now. That's just my opinion.

On a completely different note, the Team BHP newsletter's subject line reads: "Bizarre Ferrari theft in India | Used Supercars on sale!" Perhaps not the best stories to club together.
N.A.GTC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 06:59   #21
BHPian

Exotic cars are very rare in number. Whereever you take it- there will always be a crowd taking pictures and posting it on their social media. Stealing an exotic car is just not possible in India. Should have gone for a mass production car where it would have been lost in the traffic. A bright red loud Ferrari- No!
Old 3rd July 2020, 07:11   #22
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2020 at 17:11.
anshu1101 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
That is one bizarre sequence of events, worthy of a mini-movie in and of itself. But the true crime here is the giant wing on that poor Ferrari. Should come with a spoiler alert of its own, old man Enzo must be turning over in his grave at the thought of it.
The black hood looks equally appalling as well. Whoever did this tuck job on the car has a poor sense in taste. Rightly said, the Ferrari paid a price for its own crime of senseless mods. Poor, poor Enzo. One can feel for this legend.
Old 3rd July 2020, 10:13   #24
BHPian

Very fishy! It's all too similar to the antics of the BMW getting "stolen" whilst the driver took a roadside leak.
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks