Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 20:52   #16
BHPian

Re: The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
From a very reliable source, part of the BMW contract was that he must be never seen in an Audi/Merc/JLR car in any public event occasion. His managers had BMW dealers in every state literally on speed dial to ensure a suitable BMW was available as transport where ever he travelled.
That is correct information, that is exactly what his contract stated. That’s why he was convinced to let go of the Nissan GTR although he tried a lot to hold onto it. The same option was given to AB Jr when he got the A8 L that he should be given a A8L wherever he went but then I think they stopped that contract.
M00M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:02   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
BMW X5 M50d

The X5 M50d from this generation was never sold in India. It was imported by BMW for Sachin. The SUV was recently seen on sale on Team-BHP's Classifieds section .
What an absolute beast this one is. Probably my personal favorite diesel SUV out there in India. Tri-Turbo madness !

Quote:
BMW M5

Sachin had this maroon-coloured E60 M5 with a screaming V10 engine.
This colour was just too stunning. Unfortunately, it was repainted to Ivory just after he sold it.

Quote:
BMW M5 30 Jahre Edition

What a stunning choice of colour!!! The 30 Jahre Edition of the F10 M5 was built to celebrate 30 years of the M5. It was limited to 300 units.
Wasn't this the only colour offered for the 30 Jahre?

Has been up for sale at an atrocious price for a while. Stunning car nonetheless.

This is his second F10 M5, the earlier one being a pre-LCI finished in Monte Carlo Blue.

Quote:

Mercedes C36 AMG

Sachin owned a W202 Mercedes C36 AMG. A BHPian posted that the car crashed badly in the 90s and had been totalled.
This one met a very sad end. Barely any early AMGs in India, would've been nice to have this around.

Quote:
BMW X5M

This is the third-gen (F15) BMW X5. The high-performance X5 also has a 4.4L V8 and a 0-100 km/h time of just 4.2 seconds.
Another insane car, this is one of the more driven cars.

He also has/had another X5M from the same generation, I'm told.

Quote:

BMW i8
Attachment 2100063
Initially finished in white, Sachin's i8 was custom-painted in red and later got this widebody kit. It even has 4 fake exhausts at the back.
The kit

Thankfully so, the kit is now off and the car is back to its stock avatar and now resides in Kolkata. I'm also sure he had another white i8 apart from this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
The man clearly loves his BMWs!

It is refreshing to see luxury cars that are also spec-ed very tastefully, rather than the buyer just selecting the most expensive variant and leaving it at that.
The fact that he was the brand ambassador for BMW only helped. But he's owned them prior to that as well, so the BMW love was there always it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post
Sachin also used to have a silver E46 325i!

Although not a cricket or Sachin fan I am happy to say that I have both his ex E46 325i and ex E70 X5M50d!
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
He seems to be a true car enthusiast. It is one thing to just buy expensive cars, but he actually seems to be choosing his cars quite carefully.
He seems to particularly like his BMWs.
Recently, his old X5M was listed for sale. Wonder if it has already been sold:
Not an X5M. This one was the 4.4L V8 Petrol , that was shared with the Range Rovers from that era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
That's an M5! He also has a Monte Carlo Blue 530d. I guess must be a special order since that color is only seen on M5's.
[/ATTACH]
I believe that is a 530d, you can see the foglamps which wouldn't be present if it were an M5.

Quote:
One of the most famous and celebrated cricketers of all time, Sachin Tendulkar loves his cars. His choices show that the man is quite a petrolhead. Since he was the brand ambassador of BMW, you'll find a lot of cars from the German marque in his garage.
A few notable cars absent from the list are -
  • E30 320i Coupe
  • R129 SL600
  • E46 325i [The same one mentioned above by SanojRawap]
  • F10 M5

Interesting to note, a lot of the cars are one of their kind across the country. Just like the Master Blaster himself, eh?

Last edited by Aditya : 12th January 2021 at 04:15. Reason: Extra smileys deleted
///RMan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:13   #18
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
I believe that is a 530d, you can see the foglamps which wouldn't be present if it were an M5.
The earlier pic seems to have been deleted. I didn't spot the foglamps, so came to the conclusion its an M5. The 530d color on Vahan is shown as Mediterranean Blue, it looks more like Monte Carlo Blue!
Old 11th January 2021, 21:32   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Has been up for sale at an atrocious price for a while.
Correct, frankly buying an 8 or 12 cylinder BMW without warranty can be a big gamble and the current generation 4W - M5 is so better.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
From a very reliable source, part of the BMW contract was that he must be never seen in an Audi/Merc/JLR car in any public event occasion.

Yes, same with Virat, his brother took delivery for the Porsche Panamera last year. So, even within VW brand, they don't allow probably.

Quote:
His managers had BMW dealers in every state literally on speed dial to ensure a suitable BMW was available as transport where ever he travelled
Hardly a problem for a guy of his stature. Am sure, BMW India was coordinating everything. Dealership Principal will be too happy to send the best car available.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th January 2021 at 21:36.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 01:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Just adding another special car.

On Sachin’s 25th Birthday, he was gifted an Opel Astra for being the man of the series after his terrific batting against Australia in Coca-cola cup at Sharjah. He single handedly took India to the final and won that series in 1998.
OFF TOPIC.

Tendulkar played one of the most eye-catching innings of his life against the high-profile bowling line-up of Australia in the Coca Cola Cup in Sharjah in 1998.

Against all the odds, Tendulkar single-handedly powered India into the final with his astonishing 131-ball 143 at Sharjah. Although the 'Master Blaster' couldn't power India over the finishing line in the match but did manage to drag them into the title clash against the same opposition.

In the finals, he scored 134 off 131 deliveries and steered India to a title win.

He was the man of the match and player of the series.

These two were probably the best ODI innings of Sachin Tendulkar.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 12th January 2021 at 01:38.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 07:36   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to dr.aviansh for sharing this anecdote with us!

Quote:
My lasting memory is of Sachin staring out of the car and unabashedly appreciating the wide roads and the lush green environs as we drove past the ridge. It was a Maruti Esteem and he flooded the driver with questions pertaining to the speed, mileage and engine quality of the car. His love for cars did not miss the attention of our fellow passengers, Ajit Wadekar and Vinod Kambli.
Source
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 18:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post

That's an M5! He also has a Monte Carlo Blue 530d. I guess must be a special order since that color is only seen on M5's.
Quote:

Not sure about the car in the earlier pic but he certainly had a Monte Carlo Blue F10 M5 before getting the Jahre Edition.
Attached Thumbnails
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-bmwm5sachin.jpg  

Anand123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 19:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

He also has a 3GT of some kind in blue. Arjun comes to the gym in it.
v1p3r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 07:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
He also has a 3GT of some kind in blue. Arjun comes to the gym in it.
Could be this one. There's also a maroon F30 3 series which I guess is his wife's car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-anand123teambhp.jpg  

Anand123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 08:04   #25
Team-BHP Support

Very recently SRT was lost in the suburbs of Mumbai and asked an auto driver for instructions who promptly guided the master blaster through traffic:

Which BMW is that? Notice the edit where he has blurred the BMW logo. Must have been some sort of a sponsorship agreement that led to it.

Also, having Apple car play / Android Auto with Google maps would have worked well Sachin

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th January 2021 at 08:06.
moralfibre is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 09:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

One pic from my side - the aftermarket steering (back in the 90s) shows the man is a car guy just like us
Can we have celebs who are car nuts on Team BHP?
octane_100 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 11:14   #27
BHPian

His Sl 600 pictures are missing.
nandishpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 11:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Could be this one.
Nope it's a different, lighter shade. Also I think the pic is of a regular 3 from the previous gen. This was a newer car.
Old 13th January 2021, 12:53   #29
BHPian

Yamaha had once presented a FZ-16 to Sachin for his performance in Compaq Cup tri-series, circa 2009.FZ was opening a naked street bike segment back then and I personally had a huge crush on this flaming orange with silver color. I envied him a lot for this!

Image Source : Internet
Attached Thumbnails
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-sachinonayamahafz16.jpg  

The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-sachinwinnerphotoopponthebile.jpg  

5252rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 13:35   #30
BHPian

i believe he also owned an SL600.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks