Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 09:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection

Sachin Tendulkar's Car Collection

One of the most famous and celebrated cricketers of all time, Sachin Tendulkar loves his cars. His choices show that the man is quite a petrolhead. Since he was the brand ambassador of BMW, you'll find a lot of cars from the German marque in his garage.

Maruti 800
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-800.jpg
Image Source

Like most of us, Tendulkar started with a humble 800. It is said that he is looking for the same car now (In search of his first car! Sachin Tendulkar looks for his Maruti 800) and has asked fans to help him trace the owner and get it back. IMHO though, the car is mostly likely scrapped & R.I.P.

Maruti 1000 (or Esteem?)
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-esteem.jpg

The Esteem was the Octavis vRS of its time! Nice colour, matching shirt & registration number!

Fiat Palio S10
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-sachin.jpg
Image Source

Sachin was the brand ambassador of Fiat, and the Italian car maker made a special edition of the 1.6L Palio called the S10 (link to a BHPian's restored machine). This limited edition car had Sachin's autograph on the bonnet.

Volvo S80
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-volvo-s80.jpg

The Master Blaster was handed over the keys to a Volvo S80, after he won a Man of the Series Award.

Audi Q7
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-q7-1.jpg

The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-q7-2.jpg

Just like many other celebrities, Sachin's garage had an Audi Q7 too. This particular example, finished in blue, came with a 4.2L diesel engine.

Ferrari 360
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-360.jpg
Image Source

This red 360 was gifted to Sachin for scoring his 29th Test hundred - drawing level with Don Bradman. It resulted in quite a controversy due to the demand for an import duty waiver, and also attracted a lot of Twitterati attention when he sold it to a Surat-based businessman.

BMW X5 M50d
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-x5-m50d.jpg

The X5 M50d from this generation was never sold in India. It was imported by BMW for Sachin. The SUV was recently seen on sale on Team-BHP's Classifieds section .

BMW M5
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-e60.jpg

Sachin had this maroon-coloured E60 M5 with a screaming V10 engine. This generation of the M5 gained an iconic reputation for the V10 under the hood, but it was also the most unreliable. E60 M5s on sale in India don't move for 2 - 3 years, no takers! The car was later replaced with the.......

BMW M5 30 Jahre Edition
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-m5.jpg
Image Source

What a stunning choice of colour!!! The 30 Jahre Edition of the F10 M5 was built to celebrate 30 years of the M5. It was limited to 300 units.

Nissan GT-R Egoist Edition
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-nissangtregoistedition1.jpg
Image Source

Told you the man knows his cars. Sachin replaced the Ferrari with a GT-R Egoist Edition, an Italian supercar-killer. The Egoist edition was introduced as the "luxury" version of the GT-R. Only 43 were built and this is the only one in the country. The car is said to have been sold to a BHPian.

Mercedes C36 AMG
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-c36-amg.jpg
Image Source

Sachin owned a W202 Mercedes C36 AMG. A BHPian posted that the car crashed badly in the 90s and had been totalled.

BMW 530d
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-ambanisbashformumbaiindians_1008905.jpg
Image Source

No 520d for this petrolhead, he had to buy the 6-cylinder variant. Blackened grille shows taste & attention-to-detail.

BMW 750Li M Sport Individual
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-750li.jpg

Just look at that smile! While the top-end 760Li gets a twin-turbo 6.6L V12 engine, the 750Li gets a more practical twin-turbo 4.4L V8 engine with ~450 BHP on tap.

BMW X5M
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-x5-m.jpg
Image Source

This is the third-gen (F15) BMW X5. The high-performance X5 also has a 4.4L V8 and a 0-100 km/h time of just 4.2 seconds.

BMW M6 Gran Coupe
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-m6-gran-coupe.jpg

I must say this is one of my favourite variants of the M6. One of the best looking cars BMW has ever made IMHO. Timeless styling, and the perfect colour to show all the subtle design highlights (dark colours conceal the finer cuts & creases).

BMW M760Li
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-m760li.jpg
Image Source

The cricketer has had various 7-Series sedans in his garage; this is the latest one. Some of his earlier cars had a special 'ST' logo. Looks mad with the dechroming, black grille, black rims & black tinted glasses.

BMW i8
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-bmw-i8.jpg

The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-i8-rear.jpg
Image Source

Initially finished in white, Sachin's i8 was custom-painted in red and later got this widebody kit. It even has 4 fake exhausts at the back (YUCK).

Porsche 911 Turbo
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-img20210111wa0005.jpg

Sachin also has a Porsche 911! He's apparently a HUGE fan of the 911, but didn't make too much noise about this car because of his association with brand BMW. Sachin’s 991 911 Turbo S is actually the ex-demo car of Porsche Centre Mumbai and is currently registered on his company’s name.

1900 Daimler
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-daimler.jpg

During the ICC Cricket World Cup, Sachin tried his hands on the 1900 Daimler owned by the Royal Automobile Club.

Caterham
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-tendulkar_caterham.jpg
Image Source

You know Sachin is a car guy when you see him enjoying like this. The Caterham 7 is said to be the fastest R500 variant of the track car.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2021 at 07:33. Reason: Adding Porsche
ChiragM is offline   (87) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 10:05   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection

Thread moved from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

Definitely one of the better celebrity collections in the country. Cricket fans must also check out Dhoni's impressive garage.

One pic from my side - the aftermarket steering (back in the 90s) shows the man is a car guy just like us
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-screenshot-20210111-100309.png
Source
GTO is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 10:18   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Ferrari 360
Attachment 2100380
Image Source

This red 360 was gifted to Sachin for scoring his 29th Test hundred - drawing level with Don Bradman.
If I am not mistaken , Michael Schumacher presented him the Ferrari.

He is a true car guy. Hopefully he keeps on buying new amazing cars.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:02   #4
BHPian

The man clearly loves his BMWs!

It is refreshing to see luxury cars that are also spec-ed very tastefully, rather than the buyer just selecting the most expensive variant and leaving it at that.
DeathPig is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dear ChiragM.

Thanks for sharing. That's a lovely garage. It seems Sachin is inclined more towards BMW.

Unfortunately after owning so many luxury and sports cars, Sachin realized that he is missing his first car and wanted to rebuy it.

Here's the link : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...uti-800-a.html (In search of his first car! Sachin Tendulkar looks for his Maruti 800)
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:54   #6
BHPian

Sachin also used to have a silver E46 325i!

Although not a cricket or Sachin fan I am happy to say that I have both his ex E46 325i and ex E70 X5M50d!
sanojrawap is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:00   #7
BHPian

He seems to be a true car enthusiast. It is one thing to just buy expensive cars, but he actually seems to be choosing his cars quite carefully.
He seems to particularly like his BMWs.
Recently, his old X5M was listed for sale. Wonder if it has already been sold:

The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-781da2b4a30848c483eb23c03f2787af.jpeg

https://www.cartoq.com/sachin-tendul...ou-can-buy-it/

Last edited by Sanidhya mukund : 11th January 2021 at 12:04.
Sanidhya mukund is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:15   #8
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Since he is the brand ambassador of BMW, you'll find a lot of cars from the German marque in his garage.
He was! I believe he is no longer BMW's ambassador. Though he has retained a few of their cars.

Quote:
BMW 530d
That's an M5! He also has a Monte Carlo Blue 530d. I guess must be a special order since that color is only seen on M5's.

The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-ambanisbashformumbaiindians_1008905.jpg
PPS is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 17:09   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Sachin also has a Porsche 911! He's apparently a HUGE fan of the 911, but didn't make too much noise about this car because of his association with brand BMW. Sachin’s 991 911 Turbo S is actually the ex-demo car of Porsche Centre Mumbai and is currently registered on his company’s name.
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-img20210111wa0005.jpg

With reference to the Palio S10, the source tells me Sachin never even touched this car. The S10 was parked at the house of + used by his brother.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2021 at 19:42.
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 17:36   #10
BHPian

Sachin is a brand endorser of BMW India. While i am not sure if he still is, but he was uptil last year. The contract entailed him to 4 new BMW cars every calendar year as per his choice and he didnt need to pay anything, he just had to customise it to his choice and the car would be given to him. Thats why the flurry of BMW's.

I rather wish BMW India reduced prices and made them realistic to boost sales than go for such erroneous brand endorsement, BMW doesnt really need endorsement in my opinion, just price correction for products to sell.
M00M is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 18:02   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Just adding another special car.

On Sachin’s 25th Birthday, he was gifted an Opel Astra for being the man of the series after his terrific batting against Australia in Coca-cola cup at Sharjah. He single handedly took India to the final and won that series in 1998.

The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-1f781d9db51f430ca00917dedfbe159d.jpeg

Last edited by Samba : 11th January 2021 at 18:08.
Samba is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 18:43   #12
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sachin also has a Porsche 911! He's apparently a HUGE fan of the 911, but didn't make too much noise about this car because of his association with brand BMW. Hence (I am told) this Porsche is registered in his father-in-law's name.
The 911 Turbo S is registered in his Company's name. He seems to have bought Porsche India's demo car!
Pictures posted by bhpian //M several years back in below thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post3690213 (Porsche 911 (991) in India)
Attached Thumbnails
The Master Blaster's garage : Sachin Tendulkar's car collection-thumbnail_img_6294.jpg  

PPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 19:45   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to MSJ for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
Hey GTO,

First of all, very warm greetings to you and to all the Team-BHPians.

Sachin’s 991 911 Turbo S is actually the ex-demo display car of Porsche Centre Mumbai and currently registered on his company’s name. Apart from that, he also has a debadged G30 530d in Mediterranean Blue along with ///M kidney grills.

The M6 and i8 have left his garage, I’ve been told.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:01   #14
Team-BHP Support

M760-Li, has found a new home in chandigarh. It went around 1,45. A very reasonable price for such a loaded car. X5-M was also recently auctioned. Maybe it’s still in Mumbai. Both cars were out of warranty and on BMW India name.

I believe the M5 from previous generation- Jahre edition is still with him or had got sold recently as he was scouting for a buyer.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th January 2021 at 20:02.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:47   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Sachin is a brand endorser of BMW India. While i am not sure if he still is, but he was uptil last year. The contract entailed him to 4 new BMW cars every calendar year as per his choice and he didnt need to pay anything, he just had to customise it to his choice and the car would be given to him. Thats why the flurry of BMW's.

I rather wish BMW India reduced prices and made them realistic to boost sales than go for such erroneous brand endorsement, BMW doesnt really need endorsement in my opinion, just price correction for products to sell.
From a very reliable source, part of the BMW contract was that he must be never seen in an Audi/Merc/JLR car in any public event occasion. His managers had BMW dealers in every state literally on speed dial to ensure a suitable BMW was available as transport where ever he travelled.
ajmat is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks