Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 23:56   #961
BHPian

+1 Shamik.
I second that!

With that kind of money, I'd rather buy a Rangie anyday!
Although the side profile is hideous, the front of the car surely looks pretty menacing as Scorchy has already pointed out.
Old 9th March 2010, 00:17   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Nice catch there Ayan! Looks good, but I still maintain it's a pretty pointless car!
Dude, it's a niche car. And most niche cars are pointless! Just like the X6
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2010, 10:33   #963
Senior - BHPian

spotted a Silver Jag in front of M.H.S. on my way to work. looked stunning.

@ Ayan! nice pics
Old 9th March 2010, 11:03   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Dude, it's a niche car. And most niche cars are pointless! Just like the X6
OT:
No offence, but I disagree completely dude!
Considering the Range Rover, Its also a niche car, but in all practicality, it makes proper sense! All Beemers are niche cars for that matter and most of them make proper sense! Same is the case with all Mercs and all Audis! In a country like India, I would say that any car that costs over and above of 30-35 Lakhs is a niche car.
I think you are confused between the niche and ultra-niche segment. I agree with you that all lamborghinis, porsches, ferraris etc which are all ultra-niche segment automobiles are pointless (No offence to those who own them here, infact more the merrier ), I would still maintain that niche cars do have a point. But in case of the X6 which happens to fall in that niche category, it makes absolutely no sense at all!
Old 9th March 2010, 18:07   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
spotted a Silver Jag in front of M.H.S. on my way to work. looked stunning.
Another Jag? That's great news! Was it the XF? I remember seeing a silver S-Type long back.
Old 9th March 2010, 19:14   #966
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
OT:
No offence, but I disagree completely dude!
Considering the Range Rover, Its also a niche car, but in all practicality, it makes proper sense! All Beemers are niche cars for that matter and most of them make proper sense! Same is the case with all Mercs and all Audis! In a country like India, I would say that any car that costs over and above of 30-35 Lakhs is a niche car.
I think you are confused between the niche and ultra-niche segment. I agree with you that all lamborghinis, porsches, ferraris etc which are all ultra-niche segment automobiles are pointless (No offence to those who own them here, infact more the merrier ), I would still maintain that niche cars do have a point. But in case of the X6 which happens to fall in that niche category, it makes absolutely no sense at all!
+1. That was well worded Preetam! You just took the words right out of my mouth! There are several Niche cars that are sold in India. Land Rovers, Audis, Mercs, even Jaguar XFs are niche cars but they do make quite a lot of sense.

Rather than not making sense, I'd say that the X6 is a confused car. The fact that it doesn't make enough sense is besides the point. It's a thorughly confused car. It doesn't know what it is! An SUV or a Coupe?! And it's horrible at it! It's neither this, not that! And yet, it's surprisingly doing exceedingly well!
Old 9th March 2010, 19:50   #967
BHPian

Thank You Suhaas and +1 buddy

You see, when you said that the X6 is doing good, I could not agree more! Otherwise who would get a X6M?

Note :
Just to avoid confusion, the X6M in question is not the car we are talking about here in the Kolkata thread.
Its another car which has surfaced in another thread.

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 9th March 2010 at 19:51.
Old 9th March 2010, 20:05   #968
Senior - BHPian

Saw this beemer near chandi chowk metro. Sorry for the pic quality. The next day saw another white 7 series in girish park but my cybershot betrayed me(It is becoming old)

Lastly I know this does not deserve a place here but still it is imported.
NISSAN SUNNY
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kolkata-dsc03010.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kolkata-dsc03029.jpg  

Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2010, 20:53   #969
Senior - BHPian

Is that a 750Li? Saw one near Elgin road crossing today morning.
@suhaas and preetam: The X6 is more confused than niche! Crossover SUV is as pointless as well, that's moderated!
Old 9th March 2010, 21:14   #970
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
@suhaas and preetam: The X6 is more confused than niche! Crossover SUV is as pointless as well, that's moderated!
My point exactly! Read my previous post, Shamik!

One thing's for sure, it's got loads of presence!
Old 9th March 2010, 21:38   #971
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
My point exactly! Read my previous post, Shamik!

One thing's for sure, it's got loads of presence!
Yes X6 has more presence than a Rangie IMO. Though I would prefer a Range Rover over it anyday, but still that weird, confused, pointless niche does make a nice choice too.
Old 9th March 2010, 23:52   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rather than not making sense, I'd say that the X6 is a confused car. The fact that it doesn't make enough sense is besides the point. It's a thorughly confused car. It doesn't know what it is! An SUV or a Coupe?! And it's horrible at it! It's neither this, not that! And yet, it's surprisingly doing exceedingly well!
Well,its meant to be that way.I won't say its confused.Pointless,to a certain extent,yes.But only because of equally brilliant and more practical cars like its own stable-mate X5.But the main cause of the X6's pointlessness and 'not making sense' bit is the way the world sees cars today.People also call the Q7 V12 TDi pointless,but hey,it'll pull a freight train..!

But in a segment where its sold,it stands out.And niche car buyers don't hesitate to try out something out of the box (status symbol,taste..whatever that may be).And the X6 fits the bill perfectly.There it makes a point.
Old 10th March 2010, 00:00   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1. That was well worded Preetam! You just took the words right out of my mouth! There are several Niche cars that are sold in India. Land Rovers, Audis, Mercs, even Jaguar XFs are niche cars but they do make quite a lot of sense.

Who needs sense ? "BMW is Sense"

'Point'less yet pierces your eyeballs right ? That is what it matters.
Old 10th March 2010, 01:18   #974
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Well,its meant to be that way.I won't say its confused.Pointless,to a certain extent,yes.But only because of equally brilliant and more practical cars like its own stable-mate X5.But the main cause of the X6's pointlessness and 'not making sense' bit is the way the world sees cars today.People also call the Q7 V12 TDi pointless,but hey,it'll pull a freight train..!

But in a segment where its sold,it stands out.And niche car buyers don't hesitate to try out something out of the box (status symbol,taste..whatever that may be).And the X6 fits the bill perfectly.There it makes a point.
You have a great point there Ayan! I'd give several brownie points to BMW for thinking out of the box. But that's about it I guess!

If I were in the market for an SUV, I'd buy an SUV. If I were in the market for a coupe, I'd buy one! But never a hybrid of both! There are many who think differently; and some say that they'd like something the other rich people don't have! But I'd choose my car for myself. Not for anyone else!

But that's how I look at things. People who are actually in the market for a niche product will think in the exact same way that you've mentioned! The X6 would fit the bill for them perfectly, especially if their neighbour has a Q7 V12 TDI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Who needs sense ? "BMW is Sense"

'Point'less yet pierces your eyeballs right ? That is what it matters.
Exactly! +1! As long as it gets the stares!
Old 10th March 2010, 11:25   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly! +1! As long as it gets the stares!
Yes, and people buy the X6 because it gets more stares than a X5..!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks