Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2021, 23:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India

While some manufacturers offer a few distinctive shades on mainstream cars including Indian ones, a handful of exotic car manufacturers have truly exclusive ranges of paint shades. This allows customers to personalise their cars and stand out from the crowd as unique. Some even allow customers to choose any colour they can dream up.

Image Credits - Car Crazy India

Azzurro La Plata Matte Ferrari 488 Pista
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-pista-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-pista-2.jpeg
BHPian mlcarrera's 488 Pista had to be the first one featured on this thread. It's India's first matte Ferrari (from the factory), and also the first Ferrari in the world to be spec'd in this shade. The colour pays tribute to the Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta which won the "Tour de France".

Viola SE30 Huracan
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-viola-huracan.jpg
A unique shade that any true Lamborghini fan would be able to place in the brand's history instantly! It was first used on the 1993 Diablo SE30, which was a special edition ("SE") built to celebrate Lamborghini's 30th anniversary. This KA registered Huracan doesn't just sit pretty in the garage. It's been spotted on Kari Motor Speedway too.

Designo Desert Sand W221 S-Class
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-black-bison-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-black-bison-2.jpeg
This Mumbai-based W221 S-Class gets a Wald 'Black Bison' body kit and is finished in Designo Desert Sand.

Mauvine Blue AMG GT S
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-mauvine-blue-amg-gts.jpeg
This AMG GT S has been repainted in a shade called Mauvine Blue, which is a colour used by McLaren.

Cinnabar Orange Vantage
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-cinnabar-vantage-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-cinnabar-vantage-2.jpeg

Tuscan Blue Range Rover
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-tuscan-blue-range-rover.jpeg
This unique shade has been used on a Range Rover Fifty Edition.

Aquamarine Blue Huracan
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-aquamarine-blue-huracan.jpeg

Java Green RSQ8
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-java-green-rs-q8.jpeg

Dual-tone Maybach
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-dt-maybach-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-dt-maybach-2.jpeg
Love the dual-tone shades offered on some luxury cars. This one certainly is a unique combination.

Blue Continental GTC
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-blue-bentley-gtc.jpeg

Boston Green M3
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-boston-green-m3.jpeg

Prisma Gold Aventador
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-prisma-gold-aventador-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-prisma-gold-aventador-2.jpeg

Python Green 911
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-python-green-911-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-python-green-911-2.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-python-green-911-3.jpeg

Satin Solar Bronze DBX
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-satin-solar-bronze-dbx-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-satin-solar-bronze-dbx-2.jpeg

District Green Metallic S5
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-green-s5-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-green-s5-2.jpeg

Green Porsche 911
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-green-911.jpeg
Hard to tell from the picture, but could this be Teal Green?

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2021 at 00:00.
ChiragM is online now   (30) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 23:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Golden Yellow Metallic 911 Turbo S
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-911-exclusive-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-911-exclusive-2.jpeg
This shade is offered only on the Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series. This is India's only Exclusive Series, which is limited to 500 units globally.

Copper i8
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-copper-i8.jpeg
This unique shade was offered on the i8 Roadster. The car pictured here is India's only BMW i8 Roadster.

Twilight purple M5 Competition
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-purple-m5-1.jpg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-purple-m5-2.jpg
Image Source

Crystal Over Orange Wraith
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-crystal-over-orange-wraith.jpg
Image Source
This Wraith has just landed on our shores and is finished in one of the more expensive shades offered by Rolls Royce.

Jio Garage's Green Bentayga
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-ambani-bentayga.jpeg

Verde Hebe Urus
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-green-lamborghini.jpg
Image Source

Copper Flying Spur
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-copper-fs.jpeg

Papaya Orange 720S
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-papaya-orange-720s-1.jpeg
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-papaya-orange-720s-2.jpeg
ChiragM is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 23:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

I feel like some are just awkward, for the sake of being unique.

While others are truly lovely and make you see the beauty of the car's design in a new way.

That SE30 colour though... is it exactly the same paint code as it was on the Diablo? It certainly looks a lot darker / more saturated on the Huracan.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2021 at 00:04.
Rehaan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 07:34   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
personalise their cars and stand out from the crowd as unique
The blue GTC and the dual tone Maybach look really pleasing and different. The light blue is rarely offered on exotic cars.

Although not an exotic car, I saw this BMW refinished in its original black but with some purple and gold thrown in; looked quite good in my opinion. The stripe running alongside the door handles would look dark gold when viewed from one angle, and purple from another. The alloys were refinished in a black-purple combo. These pics were from Surat in Sep-2018.

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-bmw_blacknpurple2.jpg

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-bmw_blacknpurple1.jpg
vigsom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 09:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

It is a very thin line when one goes with a very unique color. Some cars manage to pull it off, while others fail miserably. In the end, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Two cars I have felt that managed to stand apart are the brown SLS AMG and the blue sidewalk edition of the Mini Cooper. Spotted the SLS AMG some years back when it was kept for display in UB city mall, Bangalore. The Mini Cooper was spotted online when an actor procured the car in the same shade. Both images are for representation only.

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-brown-sls.png

Name:  mini sidewalk.PNG
Views: 7037
Size:  699.7 KB
Image source: Google images
TrackDay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 09:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ex-Horsepower Cartel Nissan 300ZX. I believe this a purplish-black.

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-purpleish-black-300zx.jpg

Ambani's Bentagya. Don't know if this can be called a unique colour because it's a wrap. But it's interesting none the less.

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-psychedelicbentagya.jpg

Lamborghini Aventador SVJ. You really don't see cars with such a nice blue anymore, specially supercars.

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-svj.jpg
akash_v12 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:07   #7
BHPian

Katsura Orange on the Nissan GTR.

I remember seeing one quite a few times in the imports spotting pages. I don't remember where. If I would buy a GTR, I would get one in this colour. Looks interesting if not stunning :

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-row05050.jpg

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-row085442.jpg

I took these pictures from TopGear . I do not have any pictures of the one in India.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 10:30   #8
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Lately, I have found myself geeking out on factory paints. My two cents on the official paint shade names that seem to have been missed on the opening posts.

Dual-Tone Maybach - Designo Kalahari Gold Metallic over Rubellite Red
Blue Continental GTC - Fountain Blue
Green Porsche 911 - Forest Green Metallic (Tannengrünmetallic)
Ambani Bentayga - British Racing Green (Solid)
Copper Flying Spur - Rose Gold

Apart from these, I believe there are a lot more cars that deserve a mention here, listing a few below :
Blu Mirabeau Ferrari 812 GTS
Rosso Mugello Ferrari F8 Tributo
Blu Corsa Ferrari F8 Tributo
Dark Emerald and Black Kirsch Rolls-Royce Phantom 8 EWB
Blu Pozzi Ferrari 458
Petra Gold Rolls-Royce Cullinan
Designo Monza Grey Magno Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Designo Allanite Grey Magno Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Dark Olive Mercedes-AMG G 63
Emerald Green Mercedes-Benz S 63 AMG Coupe
A.K is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 11:09   #9
BHPian

Cinnabar Orange Vantage
-Sexy! But then I have a heavy bias towards orange/black color schemes ever since I first laid eyes on a KTM Duke

Blue Continental GTC
-Sexy. Love this shade of blue which screams Electric!

Azzurro La Plata Matte Ferrari 488 Pista
-For me, a Ferrari sporting anything other than their signature red is blasphemy.

Prisma Gold Aventador
-Niiiice!

Papaya Orange 720S
-Hell yeah!

Satin Solar Bronze DBX
-Looks lovely but I feel it could use more satin.

Golden Yellow Metallic 911 Turbo S
-Could be nicer if they managed a gradient. Add a bit more red towards the rear.

Copper i8
-Awesome

Crystal Over Orange Wraith
-Not exciting enough

Copper Flying Spur
-Kind of dull. Reminds me of clay and pottery, which everyone knows, only looks good on Demi Moore

Viola SE30 Huracan
-This could become an acquired taste

Mauvine Blue AMG GT S
-This is too bright. Might even blind someone.

Designo Desert Sand W221 S-Class
Tuscan Blue Range Rover
Aquamarine Blue Huracan
Java Green RSQ8
Dual-tone Maybach
Boston Green M3
Python Green 911
District Green Metallic S5
Green Porsche 911
Twilight purple M5 Competition
Jio Garage's Green Bentayga
Verde Hebe Urus
-Thanks but I will pass
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:10   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I loved the matte maroon finish of the M5 presser we drove:
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-m5_1.jpg

These metallic wraps are surely unique:
Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-img_20140823_161937_hdr.jpg

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414051606.366981.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Ex-Horsepower Cartel
What on earth is the horsepower cartel?
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

I find the Vantablack of BMW Interesting. While its not uncommon being black but definitely unique as it absorbs almost all the light. I am curious as to how this color will look in person.

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-2020bmwx6vantablack1011567012081.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 23:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's a youtube channel which features a lot of exotics in mumbai. Infact the w221 s class featured in this list is also owned by the same guy
aansh singhania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 09:30   #13
BHPian

Recently, Manoj Lulla painted his AMG G63 GWagon to this Hulk Green shade. This is one of one painted and not a wrap.
P.S - He also owns the matt blue Pista mentioned in this thread.

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-screenshot-20210625-9.27.38-am.png

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-screenshot-20210625-9.27.23-am.png
ash22 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 10:15   #14
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Ex-Horsepower Cartel Nissan 300ZX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The main guy behind Horsepower Cartel is a fellow bhpian, not so active these days though.

His handle is i<3turbo.
//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 11:41   #15
BHPian

This is great! It's no wonder that car enthusiasts deliberate over their preferred shade of paint as their ride- and I think I speak for most of us here- is pretty much an extension of their personality.

Or their inner child. You know, different bores, different strokes.

I love the Boston Green M3 and the Matte Maroon M5 GTO posted.

Personally, I'm a fan of gloss black (a detailer's nightmare!) but my absolute favourite would be a toss up between a sparkling midnight blue-black or a black cherry pearl. -

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-picsart_062511.37.11.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Cinnabar Orange Vantage
Attachment 2166276
Attachment 2166277
What do you mean "Cinnabar Orange"? That's a brown car!

Interesting and truly unique colours on exotic & luxury cars in India-images-1.jpeg
Singh101 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks