Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2006, 16:32   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Isn't the 760Li out?? I don't think there are many of those..
The 760Li is in fact out but cost factor making it so rare. I think a base 760 would cost around 1 crore upwards.
Old 10th March 2006, 16:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
Hey MAV since this is BMW related topic I wanted to ask you why aren't there many takers for 5 series? or even 3 series? (C-class buyers)
Hey Adya.
Well the 3 series is not yet officially available cos of the import restrictions, as for the 5 series its very expensive.. although there are a lot of them in Mumbai, it makes more sense buying the 7 series.. but things will change once the BMW plant comes up.. then we will see a lot of 3 and 5 series as they will be assembled in India and the 7 will be imported..
Old 10th March 2006, 16:34   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess?
3-Series is a problem because og homologation asking the car to be 3.0l and above & greater than $40,000 in value. The 5 series is a rarity because when you try to import a 5 er through the CBU route it becomes very costly and then its better to go for the 7 series.

All of this will change though as BMW has opened up its factory in the south somewhere and are planning on starting production from next year I think. Then you will see a slew of 3ers and 5ers on indian roads with the pricing very competitive to the current C and E classe.
Wow.. u stole it right from my mouth!! great timing..
Old 10th March 2006, 16:42   #109
BHPian

wee see last conversation between Mav and guess and you start to believe that some one somewhere is thinking the same thing as you are. I hope anybody else is also thinking about having a Chicken Burger :( he he
Old 25th March 2006, 17:07   #110
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Silver BMW 745i on the Mumbai Pune highway. Here are some pics.

P.S if any one wishes real high quality pics then PM me.

Last edited by BUSA : 25th March 2006 at 17:22.
Old 25th March 2006, 17:17   #111
BHPian

spotted a beautiful white 5 series in camp yesterday... had pune registration. Mav - is it M ( i think it had a different set of wheels - couldnt take any pics as i was driving ) ?
Old 19th July 2006, 15:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this one today. Diesel.

Old 19th July 2006, 20:01   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Spotted this Silver BMW 745i on the Mumbai Pune highway. Here are some pics.

P.S if any one wishes real high quality pics then PM me.
Nice pics Busa......
Old 30th March 2007, 00:22   #114
Senior - BHPian

Just had a drive in a Bangled 07' 730LD. My friend, knowing about my love for petrol powered cars for the sheer smoothness and drive took it as a personal challenge (i think) to convert me into a diesel guy.
He wanted me to drive his Spanking New Maroon 730Ld and bought it to my place this evening at around 16:30 hours.
Just a look at the car makes me weak inthe knees. The mamoth size, the sheer look and design (sorry Bangle haters but i really LLLLLove the shape) wow! the car resembles a Shark with its lights and its wide grille...Gives me goose bumps(even the new S Class does the same)
I sat in it and did'nt even realise that the engine was runing. Took it for a test drive around my place and when you floor it, you can excuse it for giving you a near whiplash. Man In less than 60 seconds i am a convert. "I want an Ld" is the sound goijg on in your mind. This is like no other diesel ive driven. ive even driven the outgoing 320Cdi and it is seriously fast, but no comparison to the BMW engine. This is a gem.
Great ride, great handling. You could forget you're driving a car that huge.
Wet Dreams time again!!
Old 30th March 2007, 10:16   #115
Senior - BHPian

Gogi is it another

"Do we need another car?" liner from your dad ?
Old 30th March 2007, 12:33   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Just had a drive in a Bangled 07' 730LD. My friend, knowing about my love for petrol powered cars for the sheer smoothness and drive took it as a personal challenge (i think) to convert me into a diesel guy.
He wanted me to drive his Spanking New Maroon 730Ld and bought it to my place this evening at around 16:30 hours.
Just a look at the car makes me weak inthe knees. The mamoth size, the sheer look and design (sorry Bangle haters but i really LLLLLove the shape) wow! the car resembles a Shark with its lights and its wide grille...Gives me goose bumps(even the new S Class does the same)
I sat in it and did'nt even realise that the engine was runing. Took it for a test drive around my place and when you floor it, you can excuse it for giving you a near whiplash. Man In less than 60 seconds i am a convert. "I want an Ld" is the sound goijg on in your mind. This is like no other diesel ive driven. ive even driven the outgoing 320Cdi and it is seriously fast, but no comparison to the BMW engine. This is a gem.
Wet Dreams time again!!
Congratulations!! Gogi. This ones for your Dad or Bro?! or for the Family
Old 30th March 2007, 13:45   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Wet Dreams time again!!

Lucky guy....but it'll be good to drive the new S320 CDI before ur final verdict!!!!
Old 31st March 2007, 10:42   #118
BHPian

Saw a brilliant 750Li in Abhimanshree colony in Pune yesterday. Absolutely brilliant car... Had seen a Q7 there previously. Will try getting pics of both.
Old 31st March 2007, 11:35   #119
BANNED

i wanted to know that when buying the 7 do u get to choose the alloys on the car ure picking up or all alloys differ with the engine sizes u buy..
Old 31st March 2007, 14:22   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Gogi is it another

"Do we need another car?" liner from your dad ?
Just took a test drive.....not decided for sure..as yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post

Congratulations!! Gogi. This ones for your Dad or Bro?! or for the Family
Just window shopping for now. When it comes to deciding cars, im like you Scooby "Karo apna but make em feel you did it for them, maine sacrifice kiya types"..
For me, for me, my bro's a confirmed SUV chap ( i hate the high seating that comes with suvs). Last he was lookin at the Q7. For now hes happy with his CRV And dad, hes gaga over the new S
Me - im plain thrilled that these beauts are gonna come sooner or later ( in my hands, that'll be sooner)

Last edited by V-16 : 31st March 2007 at 14:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks