Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2017, 08:51   #301
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hello Han / A.K,

No, it isn't the red one. It's a dark maroon one with KA registration. The colour has faded and has lost its shine. I will try getting more details and pics when I pass by next time.
If I am right, this belonged to Vijay Mallya and was used on his Kunigal Stud farm which he no longer owns

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Also, there is/was one more darker maroonish brown old GWagen in BLR. Had pics but can't seem to find it.
If I am correct, this belongs to Rajeev Chandrashekhar

Last edited by ajmat : 13th December 2017 at 08:53.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 14:57   #302
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Re: The rarest Merc: G-wagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If I am right, this belonged to Vijay Mallya and was used on his Kunigal Stud farm which he no longer owns

Correct on both points.
The Mallya car is now in Hyderabad.
Old 13th December 2017, 21:18   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Is this the car you are talking about? Also, there is/was one more darker maroonish brown old GWagen in BLR. Had pics but can't seem to find it.

Image source
I believed this is ex-Mallya as well? Used to be kept at his Alibaug farmhouse. I presume it was to ferry guests from the jetty, had seen pics of the car at the jetty on multiple occasions. I'm told it's now in Goa after being auctioned off.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 11:41   #304
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Hi V12, I tried to send direct message but wasn't able to. I want to get some more details on this G. can you please share contact details on my personal message.
Hey Han,

Checked with someone working there and the G Wagen has come for repairs and is not for sale.
Old 4th January 2018, 15:35   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Ya, thats Mallya's car which was sold out in an auction held couple of months back.

Mr Chandrashekhar's car is brownish maroon color, W463 series with a winch in the front, I think there is a pic of the same in the thread itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hey Han,

Checked with someone working there and the G Wagen has come for repairs and is not for sale.

Thank you so much V12, this one was in Delhi for sale couple of years back, it was again an ex-embassy vehicle, I have given an offer but missed it as I was traveling on those days. So trying to figure it out.
Old 6th December 2020, 09:55   #306
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes Milestone For 2020: 400,000 G-Wagon Sold Till Date Since 1979.

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-00000gwagonsoldtilldatesince1979.jpg

Quote:
The G-Class has been manufactured since 1979, and now this off-road icon has hit the milestone of 400,000 models produced. To mark this anniversary, a red Mercedes-Benz G 400 d (combined fuel consumption: 8.9-8.7 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions: 235-229 g/km[1]) rolled off the production line in Graz. The car is headed to a long-term customer from the Rhineland who has been a fan of this angular classic since 1979 and now has around 20 models. His motto? “I can’t be without the G.”
Read more at: https://www.thrustzone.com/another-m...te-since-1979/
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks