Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 03:44   #16
BHPian

i've seen a red R32 years ago in andheri. it was rusting away in a garage nearby bhavans college. the garage is located on the back-road between bhavans college and navrang cinema (new dada bhai road). the garage belonged to a friend of mine whom i'm not in touch with anymore or atleast it was in his huge house compound. he had a few other cars too including some vauxhall. maybe some of you might know? this was way back in 1997. i just saw the badge nissan skyline and knew it must've been pretty fast. but had no clue it was a cult car. i wonder if it still sits there?

Last edited by highwayblaze : 1st February 2008 at 03:54.
Old 1st February 2008, 04:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
i've seen a red R32 years ago in andheri. it was rusting away in a garage nearby bhavans college. the garage is located on the back-road between bhavans college and navrang cinema (new dada bhai road). the garage belonged to a friend of mine whom i'm not in touch with anymore or atleast it was in his huge house compound. he had a few other cars too including some vauxhall. maybe some of you might know? this was way back in 1997. i just saw the badge nissan skyline and knew it must've been pretty fast. but had no clue it was a cult car. i wonder if it still sits there?
Nope, no such Skyline there anymore. I know that area very well.
Old 1st February 2008, 04:05   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

its the anniversary edition skyline belongs to someone we know actually who infact is working on another monster 2 door as well...google it you'll find the anniversary specs. its bone stock but then again thats more than sufficient for US!
Old 1st February 2008, 06:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
its the anniversary edition skyline belongs to someone we know actually who infact is working on another monster 2 door as well...google it you'll find the anniversary specs. its bone stock but then again thats more than sufficient for US!
Anniversary edition R33 is a GT-R from Autech and Autech + Nismo. This appears to be a GTS of some kind. Can we have some pics of the engine or plates, if that's possible?
Old 1st February 2008, 15:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Plates? Number plates? I've got pics of those, but I'm not about to post them! I don't have access to the car's interiors, so no engine pics I'm afraid.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:02   #21
BHPian

White Skyline

I saw this white SKYLINE a few days ago at Bandra on its way from Carter Road and then turning right at the Bandra Gym lane probably heading for Mount Marys as a famous bollywood actor was driving it himself with three passenger friends. I lost their company as I continued straight for SV road. It was an outstation regd vehicle - something like HR or MP - not too sure.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st February 2008 at 23:09. Reason: Owner identity removed. PM me if it is public knowledge, as per TBHP rules and i'll put the name back.
Old 1st February 2008, 18:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Hi guys, here are some pics of a white Skyline I saw a couple of weeks back. I have reason to believe that the owner of this car is the same as the blue Supra I posted some time back. If so, looks like he's got his high performance Jap cars sorted!

I searched on the forums and didn't see any other threads on a white Skyline, so I've posted the pics in a new thread.

Mama Mia!!!! Now this guy just needs to buy an NSX and he will have all the three legendary Japanese 'Poor Man's Supercars'.

Distinguish Skylines more effectively: WOW - Skyline Size Comparison
Thread/Link Courtesy - Fellow Bhpian hskhan.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 1st February 2008 at 18:47.
Old 1st February 2008, 21:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Weren't the NSXs a lot more expensive to begin with?
Old 2nd February 2008, 17:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Weren't the NSXs a lot more expensive to begin with?
You are absolutely right, but for that kind of performance and maintenance they were very well priced IMHO.
Old 2nd February 2008, 18:55   #25
BHPian

Saw the car in flesh today..

It sure is a BNR33 GTR Series 2 - 4 door version..RB26, Attesa and a 320kmph NISMO dash.. Its rare in Australia as is..We have one in Bombay...wicked!!

Unfortunately...thats all I'm at liberty to say.

Last edited by R32_GTR : 2nd February 2008 at 18:56.
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Crap, so it's true?! Limited edition (Nismo or Autech-Nismo?), rare as plutonium and a helluva lot faster!

Just realised, he's painted the front lip black. Stupid me.
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:47   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Crap, so it's true?! Limited edition (Nismo or Autech-Nismo?), rare as plutonium and a helluva lot faster!

Just realised, he's painted the front lip black. Stupid me.
Nissan mate...They did mass produce it..they were fast..but not as fast as the 2 door version..(added weight)

P.S. the Lip isn't "painted" black.. its an original NISMO lip..or a splitter..seen on post Series 1 BNR33 GTR's

Last edited by R32_GTR : 2nd February 2008 at 19:48.
Old 2nd February 2008, 20:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, the E-BNR33 version only had a 4 door GT-R released for the 40th anniversary of the Skyline badge. They were Nismo/Autech-Nismo cars, hence the Nismo front lip. Seems like some of the badging (like the bootlid) has been taken off/stolen.

Here's an identical example.
Old 8th February 2008, 12:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
I saw this white SKYLINE a few days ago at Bandra on its way from Carter Road and then turning right at the Bandra Gym lane probably heading for Mount Marys as a famous bollywood actor was driving it himself with three passenger friends. I lost their company as I continued straight for SV road. It was an outstation regd vehicle - something like HR or MP - not too sure.
hello
yes its a GTR r33 nismo 40th anniversary skyline. the man u saw driving the car was jackie shroff. he is my clinte. he was there at my garage in the evening when he saw the car he was shocked and asked for a drive .we took the car for i spine at carter's. with the permission of the owner of the car.

Note from Mod - Please read through your post for typos before posting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th February 2008 at 21:21. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 8th February 2008, 21:23   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by armotosport View Post
the man u saw driving the car was jackie shroff.
I had edited that out of president's post as per the rules, but i guess now that you say he is not the owner, his name can be mentioned here.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks