Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 11:17   #1966
Senior - BHPian

The Panamera's centre console looks like a Vertu.
Old 30th November 2009, 11:55   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
you missed clickin the back or do you not like it? these photos make the panamera look good. and have been seeing an ad in TOI for sale of a panamera for about 2 weeks now.

OT: where in Delhi is this beautiful lawn with the porsche in the middle?
Thats rite i am sure this is the same Porsche

if i tell you i may have to kill a friend hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I hate the Panamera. HAted it in Pictures, Hated it when I saw it in the showroom. and Hated it when I saw it on the road.
I hated the whole concept of the 4 seater Porsche but its beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
For sale by the first owner?! Man, is the owner's honeymoon period with it over(read novelty factor) or does this speak about the car on the whole?

Na na this is a brand new one uncregistered and up for sale. lets not really make dumb assumptions. hehehe the car when started sounds amazing though did not really get a chance to see it flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001bhp View Post
A panamera is already in the used car market. This country never stops suprising me.How many of these are there in the country by the way.
And by the way a 4 door Porsche sedan never appealed to me in the first place.They look best as coupes.
For your first line please refer to above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I like the BBS-esq wheels that come standard on the Panamera. They look nice. I don't quite like the Panamera on the whole. Wonder why this one's on sale. Owner faced some criticism from his super car-owning buddies perhaps?
Cuse it is brand new. hehehe
Old 30th November 2009, 18:25   #1968
Senior - BHPian

Forget the looks, the leg-space looks really bad.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:41   #1969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Forget the looks, the leg-space looks really bad.
Is that true? I've heard that the interior is quite roomy for four well built adults!

The Panamera is the kind of car one would buy to show to the world that he actually wanted to buy a Porsche 911 but the wifey darling had the last say in the matter! Or is that the school-run Cayenne?
Old 30th November 2009, 18:56   #1970
Senior - BHPian

From the beginning Panamera hardly made any sense to me. I think they made it just for the sake of having a Four-door Sedan.And their designers seem to be on a Really long vacation. Whats for Competition : The Lamborghini Estoque and AM Rapide. Lol !!
Old 30th November 2009, 19:53   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The car is brought down by an importer or grey market dealer. So the person who buys the car would be the first owner. It saves money importing a car directly as the dealership puts its margins and sells. I think Magnus auto in Delhi had advertised this car during the Launch of the Panamera in India. Many dealers book cars when the bookings open and get alloted cars during the first month of Launch. I was offered a Ferrari 458 Italia and the Mercedes SLR 722 RHD just when deliveries of the car started.

There would be in my opinioun 5 Panamera's delivered as of now in the country.
I never knew SLR's were made RHD's. Then why are'nt there any in our country yet ? Excluding the one visited Delhi once on Carnet. And that too was a LHD.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:52   #1972
Senior - BHPian

When did an SLR come to India? I thought it was a Porsche CGT
Old 30th November 2009, 20:58   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
When did an SLR come to India? I thought it was a Porsche CGT
Nope.It was some 2yrs ago. A Silver one. Owned by a guy from PB. He bought it to Delhi. i even had pics of it in his garage in India. I think i lost em. Let me check my Mailbox. Will post if i find.

I was told this guy is also planning to buy a LP640 which he later on did, I suspect if thats the Lp which Crashed in Mumbai. I Might be wrong.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:08   #1974
Senior - BHPian

SLR's in rhd? CGT's? I know that Porsche brought the CGT LHD for display and then sent it back. Never knew an individual brought it down . LHD CGT right scorcher ? Cuz no RHD's ever made.
Old 30th November 2009, 21:43   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Karan, You are badly confused. I never told there are RHD SLR/CGT. Speedy said a dealer quoted him for a RHD SLR. See above posts.

What i said was a LHD SLR imported by a guy under Carnet. Its been some 2yrs.
Old 30th November 2009, 22:56   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Nope.It was some 2yrs ago. A Silver one. Owned by a guy from PB. He bought it to Delhi. i even had pics of it in his garage in India. I think i lost em. Let me check my Mailbox. Will post if i find.

I was told this guy is also planning to buy a LP640 which he later on did, I suspect if thats the Lp which Crashed in Mumbai. I Might be wrong.

The LP which crashed in Mumbai belonged to a very well known film star if I'm not mistaken. And how come there aren't any pics of an SLR in India on this forum? This forum's been up and running for much more than two years now.
Old 30th November 2009, 23:27   #1977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
The LP which crashed in Mumbai belonged to a very well known film star if I'm not mistaken. And how come there aren't any pics of an SLR in India on this forum? This forum's been up and running for much more than two years now.
Afaik, only actor who owned a LP640 is Jr.AB. His was a Baloon white and the one which crashed was Yellow.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:04   #1978
Senior - BHPian

And the SLR came approximately 2yrs before on Carnet scheme. And as you might know, Vehicles on Carnet has to return to its Registered Country within max 6 months. Hence it went back. Dont even know if it stayed for that much time. BTW, this info was from a dealer friend from Mumbai. Who also happens to be a bhpian.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:34   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
And the SLR came approximately 2yrs before on Carnet scheme. And as you might know, Vehicles on Carnet has to return to its Registered Country within max 6 months. Hence it went back. Dont even know if it stayed for that much time. BTW, this info was from a dealer friend from Mumbai. Who also happens to be a bhpian.

No SLR ever came via Carnet or direct import to India forget Mumbai. That was a debadged SLK 350 with the SLR kit or some other body kit and some engine modifications and if i remember right it was black colour. The owner of the car was located and the car featured on our threads The only real exotic that came on Carnet was my friends Lamborghini Diablo VT. A friend of mine has bought a SLR and was getting it converted to RHD, but canned the idea of bringing it to Mumbai as it was the same time the terrorist attacks happened and he did not want to risk it. This was the information given to the dealer friend, who also happens to be a bhpian .

Last edited by speedy : 1st December 2009 at 00:46.
Old 1st December 2009, 01:25   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
No SLR ever came via Carnet or direct import to India forget Mumbai. That was a debadged SLK 350 with the SLR kit or some other body kit and some engine modifications and if i remember right it was black colour. The owner of the car was located and the car featured on our threads The only real exotic that came on Carnet was my friends Lamborghini Diablo VT. A friend of mine has bought a SLR and was getting it converted to RHD, but canned the idea of bringing it to Mumbai as it was the same time the terrorist attacks happened and he did not want to risk it. This was the information given to the dealer friend, who also happens to be a bhpian .
Quite possible that i hav been misinformed, but the pics i got was cent percent a Silver "SLR" and not a kitted SLK..I think i have some minimal gyan to distinguish between a SLR n SLK..Buddy,As i told earlier, i did'nt have a first hand experience but i was told by a person. Will post the pics if its still in my inbox. 'Let the Search Begin'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks