Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 22:33   #7726
BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Soul122 View Post
Damn that's a very low number. Wonder why the V12s didn't do well in India. The same is with the GTC4 Lusso very very few In India and one was in a Fatal Accident in Hyd If I remeber correctly.
I believe the reason is that Ferrari is associated with a super sexy looking sports car and not something which has 2 doors, 4 seats and looks like a station wagon. Ferrari buyers already have other luxury barges to 'ferry' around their family. They don't offer anything extra. No to forget, FF and GTC4 Lusso were both considerably expensive than the V8 Ferraries.
Siddj38 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 23:55   #7727
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! Yeah I do remember watching a video of a FF on fire. Very sad indeed. I wonder why the number was that low. The 458s and the Califrnias did well in India the FF is surely a strange case. Same with the F12 just 2 in India with one stuck in customs (Or was? not sure do correct me)
With regards to the F12 Berlinetta there are around 6 to 7 in the country out of which 4 reside in Delhi itself. A F12 TDF also came to Delhi but it was taken Abroad by its owner.

The customs one was rescued and now in Delhi only but a very elusive car. I mean even after having so many car spotters and pages who are on top of everything on social media, pics of it barely exist online.
Old 4th October 2023, 00:02   #7728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddj38 View Post
I believe the reason is that Ferrari is associated with a super sexy looking sports car and not something which has 2 doors, 4 seats and looks like a station wagon. Ferrari buyers already have other luxury barges to 'ferry' around their family. They don't offer anything extra. No to forget, FF and GTC4 Lusso were both considerably expensive than the V8 Ferraries.
In addition to it V12 Ferrari's have always been double the price of its V8 counterparts. For example a decently specced 488 should cost between 4.5 Crore to 5 Crore, whereas starting price of a 812 starts around at 5 Crore itself if I'm not mistaken.
Old 4th October 2023, 01:28   #7729
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Same with the F12 just 2 in India with one stuck in customs (Or was? not sure do correct me)
There are 6 F12 Berlinettas in India. 3 of them are presently in Delhi, 2 are in Hyderabad and 1 is in Pune. Plus there was a Rosso Dino F12 TDF which was delivered in Delhi to its owner but the owner chose to take the car to his Singapore residence. The grey F12 which was stuck in customs was rescued and has found a home in Delhi now.

Quote:
The same is with the GTC4 Lusso very very few In India and one was in a Fatal Accident in Hyd If I remeber correctly.
There are 3 GTC4 Lussos which were delivered in India, one each in Delhi, Surat and Hyderabad. And there is also one GTC4 Lusso T, which is presently in Chennai.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 02:12   #7730
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Porsche 992 Turbo S

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3015.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3005.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3002.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3001.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_2997.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_2996.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3010.jpeg
//M is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 11:12   #7731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddj38 View Post
That could be the case many people want the coupe styled flashy sports car that actually looks like one. This goes to shows that many people buy Ferraris and other sports cars for their looks and to "increase" their status. Very few exist who buy them because they have a passion for cars. This is actually true however I earlier thought that even the F12s didn't do well in India and came to the conclusion that people were not interested in the V12s because of the low fuel efficiency. But a gentleman corrected me, there are 4 F12s in Delhi alone!!.
Car_Soul122 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 11:23   #7732

Quote:
Originally Posted by carobsessed View Post
In addition to it V12 Ferrari's have always been double the price of its V8 counterparts. For example a decently specced 488 should cost between 4.5 Crore to 5 Crore, whereas starting price of a 812 starts around at 5 Crore itself if I'm not mistaken.
Yup you're right the 812 starts at around 5 crores. But again its a V12 and sounds better than a 488 IMO, faster than a 488 Its basically better than a 488 in many aspects (again IMO). The 812 (being very pricey) still did better then the FF and the GTC4 Lusso because of one single thing. It looked like a "flashy 2 door sports car".
Old 4th October 2023, 12:54   #7733
BHPian

Quote:
That could be the case many people want the coupe styled flashy sports car that actually looks like one. This goes to shows that many people buy Ferraris and other sports cars for their looks and to "increase" their status. Very few exist who buy them because they have a passion for cars. This is actually true however I earlier thought that even the F12s didn't do well in India and came to the conclusion that people were not interested in the V12s because of the low fuel efficiency. But a gentleman corrected me, there are 4 F12s in Delhi alone!!.
Out of the 4 F12's in Delhi, sadly only one is driven/spotted frequently if you go by Instagram.

As for buying Ferrari's for status is applicable for all the supercar and luxury car brands and not just Ferrari for a good chunk of owners. Apart from V12 being more expensive than a V8, cars like FF and GTC4 Lusso allow for carrying your kids/family and friends which is otherwise not possible for a 2 seater car and can be driven in almost all the road conditions especially in India given the limitations of driving a low slung 2 seater sports car. One of the advantages of a FF/GTC4 Lusso is driving a slightly more practical and usable car having the badge of Ferrari.
carobsessed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 21:46   #7734

Quote:
Out of the 4 F12's in Delhi, sadly only one is driven/spotted frequently if you go by Instagram.

One of the advantages of a FF/GTC4 Lusso is driving a slightly more practical and usable car having the badge of Ferrari.
Yup that is the main reason I love the FF more than the 488s,458s etc. It's much more practical and has a V12 . Loved the FF ever since the comparision with the Bentley CGT and the FF was shown on OG Top Gear. There was also a review on FF in snow in a Autocar mmagzine which showed it could be filled with small bags and suitcases in the boot. Pretty irrelevant I know
Car_Soul122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 20:52   #7735
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi R8 V10

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3077.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3079.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3080.jpeg
//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 18:14   #7736
BHPian

Porsche 911 (992 GT3 Touring).
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-point-blur_oct082023_181143.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img20231008175332.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img20231008175441.jpg  

carobsessed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 06:45   #7737
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

2 x Lamborghini Urus

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_2906.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_2909.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_2903.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_2896.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_2869.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3146.jpeg

Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-img_3144.jpeg
//M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 11:00   #7738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
2 x Lamborghini Urus
At first I thought you're calling the Nano the second Urus It's the same colour afterall

--

Lately I've been seeing too many exotic cars but not clicking any.
But for these two, I couldn't resist given their colour.

<removed as per post below>

Last edited by N.A.GTC : 9th October 2023 at 11:28.
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 11:25   #7739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.GTC View Post
At first I thought you're calling the Nano the second Urus It's the same colour afterall

--

Lately I've been seeing too many exotic cars but not clicking any.
But for these two, I couldn't resist given their colour.

Attachment 2515061

Attachment 2515060
Hey great pics but as per the rules of the forum we are supposed to blur the number plates for the owners privacy, so please keep that in mind, unless the permission of the concerned owner has been taken or the car has been covered in magazines/events.

Last edited by carobsessed : 9th October 2023 at 11:26. Reason: One point missed
Old 9th October 2023, 11:29   #7740
BHPian

Quote:
Hey great pics but as per the rules of the forum we are supposed to blur the number plates for the owners privacy, so please keep that in mind, unless the permission of the concerned owner has been taken or the car has been covered in magazines/events.
You're right. My bad. I have removed the pics for now; will post later when I'm able to edit the numbers out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks