Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:43   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I would think that Porsche India's sales could be affected by the GTR.
If Porsches are sold for the performance alone and if Nissan India is selling the GTR.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:49   #182
Senior - BHPian

The 911 Turbo costs way more than the GTR. The Carrera S is on par with GTR prices but is no where close to the GTR in terms of performance . Overall there might be a dip in Porsche sales. We might soon see Indian roads run amok with quite a number of Nissan GTRs.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:55   #183
Senior - BHPian

But the GTR is a seriously complicated piece of kit, where is the service support for it if something goes wrong. And where are the parts?? Everything will have to be ordered from japan right now.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:59   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
But the GTR is a seriously complicated piece of kit, where is the service support for it if something goes wrong. And where are the parts?? Everything will have to be ordered from japan right now.
True Ishan. But from what I have heard and from experiences from a couple of friends, Porsche service in India isnt that great either. Parts come from Germany and take some time to come.

KD, you have a 911. How has your experience been with them so far?
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:13   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
True Ishan. But from what I have heard and from experiences from a couple of friends, Porsche service in India isnt that great either. Parts come from Germany and take some time to come.

KD, you have a 911. How has your experience been with them so far?

In terms of performance? The 911 C2 is , well, really slow. I bought that car at an age I had no understanding of cars. Am vying for the GT2 now.

In terms of service, Porsche Delhi ( I only know about them) , have a very very very bad service rep. I had to "literally call them up again and again" for parts . I mean, I expect a little better , if not top class, service from Porsche. They don't bother much either. I called them for some ECU issue, and they said that " They can't send their person , I am going to have to send my car" , and I am like , what!!! They even said that I would have to pay for his transportation. I mean, I have full warranty on this car and this is how they treat me.I even found their after sales person, who is an ex Colonel and like a billion years old, very very rude! I had to talk to their GM , who is a german and a VERY nice person.
He then sent the person the next day ,free of cost ( as it should be!) and apologized to me. So, all in all, Porsche here is very very ***tty
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:20   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
In terms of performance? The 911 C2 is , well, really slow. I bought that car at an age I had no understanding of cars. Am vying for the GT2 now.

In terms of service, Porsche Delhi ( I only know about them) , have a very very very bad service rep. I had to "literally call them up again and again" for parts . I mean, I expect a little better , if not top class, service from Porsche. They don't bother much either. I called them for some ECU issue, and they said that " They can't send their person , I am going to have to send my car" , and I am like , what!!! They even said that I would have to pay for his transportation. I mean, I have full warranty on this car and this is how they treat me.I even found their after sales person, who is an ex Colonel and like a billion years old, very very rude! I had to talk to their GM , who is a german and a VERY nice person.
He then sent the person the next day ,free of cost ( as it should be!) and apologized to me. So, all in all, Porsche here is very very ***tty
I guess now the same can be expected from Audi atleast in Mumbai since they are now under the same roof as Porsche . Thats quite a horrfying experience to say the least when you pay some close to a crore of rupees and above for car which you know special. Nothing special service though I can see as told by you.
Old 23rd April 2008, 23:12   #187
BHPian

Dont wanna say it but it sounds like an 'indian' customer service system.The german guy got on to it..The 'colonol' cant afford a porsche and is probably contemptious of those who can.
Get the guy sacked if you can.Only that way will things get sorted out.
Your car is under warranty!
Harsh I know but...

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2008 at 12:03. Reason: WATCH the language
Old 24th April 2008, 01:07   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadcontrola View Post
Dont wanna say it but it sounds like an 'indian' customer service system.The german guy got on to it..The 'colonol' cant afford a porsche and is probably contemptious of those who can.
Get the guy sacked if you can.Only that way will things get sorted out.
Your car is under warranty!
Harsh I know but...
relax my friend. there are bigger service miseries than this. Forgive the old man. Dont we do bigger blunders at workplace. Are we fired for every mistake. It happens at many places in many service sectors. One just needs to find his/her way out. This has nothing to do with german or indian, neither with Porsche or any other brand.

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2008 at 12:17. Reason: Edited Quoted post.
Old 24th April 2008, 14:28   #189
BHPian

just got myself a GTR! white...
Old 24th April 2008, 14:31   #190
BHPian

Whooooaa... Is it in mumbai,delhi,goa or london?
Old 24th April 2008, 14:33   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
Whooooaa... Is it in mumbai,delhi,goa or london?
AFAIK it is at Delhi.

Is it Right liv2drv ?

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 24th April 2008 at 14:35.
Old 24th April 2008, 17:41   #192
BHPian

congrats liv2drv , i wonder how you decide which one to drive , the porsche or gtr , saw a white gtr along with v8 vantage for sale in ACI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Yup, I agree, this car is aimed particularly at the 911TT. Other cars like the upcoming Lexus LF-A will do the same.
i think porsche sales would not be affected , atleast in india , there is the porsche brand name to consider

just read the latest issue of BSM with the gtr , mustang gt500 , looks simply stunning ,both of them , thanks to hyperformance cars.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th April 2008 at 02:35. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to posts within 20 mnutes instead of posting multiple consecutive posts.
Old 24th April 2008, 19:34   #193
BHPian

Guys i haven't got the car in my hands yet. still on the ship. should be here in a few days...
Old 24th April 2008, 19:54   #194
BHPian

hey liv2driv, where's it gonna be landing. Mumbai or Delhi??

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th April 2008 at 02:33. Reason: b = be.
Old 24th April 2008, 20:51   #195
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
Guys i haven't got the car in my hands yet. still on the ship. should be here in a few days...
ship ?? i thought you get all your cars air lifted.. do tell where its heading for though.. congrats !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks