Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:36   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
To be added further down the year is either the X5/X6/G AMG/ML AMG.
I second the X5M, X6M thought process, but I think those would run (and this is just a guess) somewhere north of 1.5 Cs, which, to my mind, is a bit insane, but still...they will be the quickest accelerating SUVs out there! Still, the twin turbo 4.4 X6 would be 85% of those cars.

Quote:
No , not until Nissan offers official back up for such cars.
Good man! I've heard about lots of GTRs having clutch problems after their owners have done around 20 or more hard launches, and let's face it...who the hell would buy that car and not launch it hard every so often? So I'm anticipating some time in the next couple of years there will be a few used GTRs coming onto the market with pretty fried clutches.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 2nd April 2009 at 11:37.
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:26   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
I second the X5M, X6M thought process, but I think those would run (and this is just a guess) somewhere north of 1.5 Cs, which, to my mind, is a bit insane, but still...they will be the quickest accelerating SUVs out there! Still, the twin turbo 4.4 X6 would be 85% of those cars.

Good man! I've heard about lots of GTRs having clutch problems after their owners have done around 20 or more hard launches, and let's face it...who the hell would buy that car and not launch it hard every so often? So I'm anticipating some time in the next couple of years there will be a few used GTRs coming onto the market with pretty fried clutches.

Yeah I rode in the TT V8 X6 while it was here at the dealership. The growl from that engine is sublime and unbelievable to say the least. I would've gone for that , but I did not want another SUV (post CRV ) , so went for the coupe M. But we do need a family SUV/SAV , so will be added by this year or so.

And yeah , I really do not understand why people would go for F cars and unsupported brands in India , no matter how much assurance they get from importers of service and back up. Had I been in that category , I would've first and foremost gone with the 599 , but heck after driving and owning the LP , I dare say I wish I had gone with the 599. Ha!
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:47   #588
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just been reading the latest Car (UK copy which I still get). They were testing the yet to be released X5M / X6M versions but felt that these were not really a step up from the normal versions unlike the M3 and M5
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:21   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Just been reading the latest Car (UK copy which I still get). They were testing the yet to be released X5M / X6M versions but felt that these were not really a step up from the normal versions unlike the M3 and M5
Thats the problem BMW faces, their engines are already very good. The 550i can give the M5 a good chase too. Similarly the 535i gives the 550i a good chase too thanks to it's twin turbos (some actually prefer the 535i to the 550i)
Both the X5 and X6 come with the same engines, so BMW needs to develop something much better than the V10 of the M5 for users to actually find value in the product besides cosmetic changes.

The next gen 5 series (F10) will have a 555i which will blow the current M5 out. Rumor has it that BMW is planning a twin turbo M5 next, hope this new engine makes it's debut on the X6M
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:44   #590
Senior - BHPian

Last I heard the next-gen M engines were going to be blown, smaller capacity engines across the board...so no more V10 for M5 and no more V8 for M3. Instead turbo'd V8 and 6 (not sure if V or in-line).
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:50   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Pictures will be available once I check the car up in delhi.
--------------------------
EDIT - Thinking out loud now. End of 2010 / early 2011 should see a F car in our garage. So yes , I hope I can make it to the top of the list of the best garages in India.

Was just wondering one thing.
Don't u think, in future, parking space is going to be a problem at your house.

Or, as hinted above, going to allocate different cars for different houses?
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:11   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, the way its sounds after exploring the net for more details, the clutch needs replacement after like 20 launches using the launch control feature. Now the LP640 needs the clutch replacement just after 3 launches in launch-control mode. But that is not stopping people from buying it, so why blame only Nissan. Note that you can always launch the car hard in normal mode which should not be a bother to the buyer.

Some owners have reported transmission issues, but there is nothing concrete about it as of now, so will reserve my comment till then.

My personal opinion: only thing the Nissan misses would be a gated shift feel. It dosent really matter in real life to me (unless I want a track GOD), if it does 0-100 in 3.5 or 4.00 seconds coz for me, most the time I would want to enjoy the feel of the car exercising my palm and both feet, not only the fingers.
Old 7th April 2009, 13:09   #593
BHPian

Quote:
It was his gallardo spyder. He does not have the LP640.
i agree he never had a lp640. though he had a murcielago barchetta long before anyone else in the country. i assume that his ex red barchetta is still the only one in the country.

@ecksreturns
dude was ur lp640 the first one in the country?? as i remember seeing one in 2007 in pune with a well known builder/businessman's son.
he also has an amazing collection of cars. rolls, lamborghini, bentleys, beemers, mercs and god knows what not. yeah also a chopper.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:32   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@ecksreturns
dude was ur lp640 the first one in the country?? as i remember seeing one in 2007 in pune with a well known builder/businessman's son.
he also has an amazing collection of cars. rolls, lamborghini, bentleys, beemers, mercs and god knows what not. yeah also a chopper.

1 - My LP640 was the first and only orange LP in India. Otherwise my LP was the 6th or 7th one.

2 - Yep , the gentleman in Pune and our collection is very similar. Lets see :
Rolls - Check
Merc - Check
BMW - Check
Lamborghini - Check
Bentley - Check
Chopper - Bell chopper - check
Gulfstream - check

A ferrari and Aston should complete the stable here in India. Ferrari would be added in a year or so .
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2009, 15:26   #595
BHPian

@ecksreturns

WOW!!
Old 7th April 2009, 16:21   #596
BHPian

Ecks you have a gulfstream jet?!?! that's absolutely wicked. which model and what configuration? oh and please post pics....supercars & imports & private jets
Old 7th April 2009, 16:32   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 - My LP640 was the first and only orange LP in India. Otherwise my LP was the 6th or 7th one.

2 - Yep , the gentleman in Pune and our collection is very similar. Lets see :
Rolls - Check
Merc - Check
BMW - Check
Lamborghini - Check
Bentley - Check
Chopper - Bell chopper - check
Gulfstream - check

A ferrari and Aston should complete the stable here in India. Ferrari would be added in a year or so .
Wow, GREAT Collection! Keep going !
Old 7th April 2009, 16:53   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Ecks you have a gulfstream jet?!?! that's absolutely wicked. which model and what configuration? oh and please post pics....supercars & imports & private jets

It's a G II (old school) but has gone through extensive interior customization in s.pore as per our tastes. With God's grace , a G550 may be some day at the hangar.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:15   #599
BHPian

Quote:
It's a G II (old school) but has gone through extensive interior customization in s.pore as per our tastes. With God's grace , a G550 may be some day at the hangar.
well in all honesty the GII is a beautiful jet, with the scheduled engine overhauls and the right maintainance will last a life time. impressive though, the GII was launched in the 70s right, you've had it since then?

The G550 on the other hand...man wow that's a bold statement in private aviation!
Old 7th April 2009, 17:33   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't aware of that in your collection Karan. Nice!
Got any pics of it specially the customized interior?

I can see inspite of the exams you can't resist t-bhp

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks