Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 23:56   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlblkz06 View Post
Very nice car! Congrats and enjoy it!

" Coming Soon - R8 V10"
Hell yes! Good god that has to be the sexiest car out there right now!
If I visit Chandigarh, can I come by and stare your cars for a while?
Yes please and in fact , we'll go for a drive too.

On a side note, I had actually committed to a fellow bhp ian a drive in the LP and could not keep up with that commitment due to certain unavoidable circumstances. Been feeling guilty ever since. So I wish to make up for that fault by giving other bhpians a chance to come by and take a ride with me in the LP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Did you say daily driver?
Ha ha ha ha ! Yeah man , the aforementioned cars , when compared to the LP seem a lot more "driveable" !
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:17   #452
Senior - BHPian

How often do you drive her these days.
I am yet to spot you with her on chd roads
Btw off late chd traffic is getting worse
I suppose northern sectors are still blessed,is it?
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:21   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
ossing between the Audi R8 / R8 V10 / SL 63 / new 997.II Porsche Turbo.
I'd go for a R8 or a SL. After already having a porsche, i'd say go for either the R8 or the SL.

Quote:
Yes please and in fact , we'll go for a drive too.

On a side note, I had actually committed to a fellow bhp ian a drive in the LP and could not keep up with that commitment due to certain unavoidable circumstances. Been feeling guilty ever since. So I wish to make up for that fault by giving other bhpians a chance to come by and take a ride with me in the LP.

!
I too am in the list
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:24   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I'd go for a R8 or a SL. After already having a porsche, i'd say go for either the R8 or the SL.

I too am in the list

Funny. I was going to say, if you already have a Porsche and you like it, get the new one.

Brand loyalty for imports isn't very high in India, is it?
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:31   #455
Senior - BHPian

If i were him, I'd go for a R8 / SL63 as he has owned a Porsche before.
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:34   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
How often do you drive her these days.
I am yet to spot you with her on chd roads
Btw off late chd traffic is getting worse
I suppose northern sectors are still blessed,is it?
Relatively , yes. A lot less traffic as compared to southern sectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post

I too am in the list
Yeah and in that case I can't pick the SL over the R8 V10. Looks of a ninja, sounds like the LP560 and servicing not an issue because audi has their workshop in chandigarh as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Funny. I was going to say, if you already have a Porsche and you like it, get the new one.

Brand loyalty for imports isn't very high in India, is it?
Naah , not to my knowledge. Unless you count that guy who ordered all 3 slots for the Brooklands in a year! LoL !!
I feel the 997 Carrera isn't a collectible and I had bought that car at a very immature (relatively) stage in life . Feel like having atleast one Porsche collectible in the stable.
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:42   #457
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah and in that case I can't pick the SL over the R8 V10. Looks of a ninja, sounds like the LP560 and servicing not an issue because audi has their workshop in chandigarh as well.
If you do decide to not go for the Porsche, my suggestion would be to wait for the W12 R8.

Quote:

Naah , not to my knowledge. Unless you count that guy who ordered all 3 slots for the Brooklands in a year! LoL !!
I feel the 997 Carrera isn't a collectible and I had bought that car at a very immature (relatively) stage in life . Feel like having atleast one Porsche collectible in the stable.

That guy lives in Hyderabad. I've seen the cars.

If you want a collectible, have a look at the limited edition GT3 (I think). The one with the stripes. And if you don't have a problem with used cars, there's an actor in South India who might be prepared to sell...
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:51   #458
Senior - BHPian

Very true.
The other day, i heard the sound of the R8 in Vasant Vihar Delhi.
Damn amazing . Its music. Haven't seen an R8 with the leds on but am sure they will look scorcher.
Old 23rd January 2009, 01:27   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tossing between the Audi R8 / R8 V10 / SL 63 / new 997.II Porsche Turbo.
But wont the R8 V10 be very close to the price of a F430, LP-560. And again you would be in the same dilemma that you have with the SL63 that these cost just a couple of million less than the horse and the bull.
I understand the keyword here is "daily drive" but still.
Old 23rd January 2009, 03:20   #460
BHPian

Dunno’ how I missed this thread in the past but have been hooked onto it for over an hour now page by page by page...

Congratulations on having a funky Garage Karan. Commend your choice as well as thought that goes into getting a car of choice considering the investment required.

I also see some of our friends asking questions answered within the thread previously and you patiently answering all. Dont blame them as a topic and the thread details are jaw dropping

Enjoy your vehicles (ALL OF THEM) and drive safe my friend!!
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:19   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
But wont the R8 V10 be very close to the price of a F430, LP-560. And again you would be in the same dilemma that you have with the SL63 that these cost just a couple of million less than the horse and the bull.
I understand the keyword here is "daily drive" but still.
Very well pointed out sir ji. The R8 V10 should be priced around 2 cr or a little north of it. And the SL 63 starts at a base price of 1.7 and with my configurations , it touches 1.90 (without registration and local taxes) .
My criteria this time is daily driveability and the other most important one is service and reliability . Now when I say 'reliability' I mean that the technicians should be close at hand in the event some technical mishap takes place.

I have always been hesitant about getting the F - car due to lack of support from Ferrari in India ( as such they are yet to arrive and reports say 2010 is when they arrive in India officially in collab with Tata) .
I thoroughly appreciate the LP560 but don't wish to get another
Lamborghini.

I also remember mentioning that I wish to have a brand and engine based collection. So since I already have Lamborghini in the stable with the V12 ticked off my list , I look at other brands now as I am to fill the V8 , V10 and V6 / H6 column now . Not necessary that all these cars be purchased in India as I am heading to the states in a year or so for higher academic pursuits.

Hence forth I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the V10 R8 due to easy support and reliability , Audi brand name , V10 Lamborghini sourced engine , and relatively easy to drive due to plush interiors and more ground clearance as compared to the LP640.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin View Post
Dunno’ how I missed this thread in the past but have been hooked onto it for over an hour now page by page by page...

Congratulations on having a funky Garage Karan. Commend your choice as well as thought that goes into getting a car of choice considering the investment required.

I also see some of our friends asking questions answered within the thread previously and you patiently answering all. Dont blame them as a topic and the thread details are jaw dropping

Enjoy your vehicles (ALL OF THEM) and drive safe my friend!!
Thanks a ton brother!
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:33   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I haven't done the math on it yet . But I drive the car 2 or 3 times in a month , so it runs fine for a couple of months on that fuel .

Currently I drive the new gen Honda CRV. Should be getting a new daily driver by the end of may. Tossing between the Audi R8 / R8 V10 / SL 63 / new 997.II Porsche Turbo.

EDIT :

Yeah man , this is a gas guzzler!
Quote:
Very well pointed out sir ji. The R8 V10 should be priced around 2 cr or a little north of it. And the SL 63 starts at a base price of 1.7 and with my configurations , it touches 1.90 (without registration and local taxes) .
My criteria this time is daily driveability and the other most important one is service and reliability . Now when I say 'reliability' I mean that the technicians should be close at hand in the event some technical mishap takes place.

I have always been hesitant about getting the F - car due to lack of support from Ferrari in India ( as such they are yet to arrive and reports say 2010 is when they arrive in India officially in collab with Tata) .
I thoroughly appreciate the LP560 but don't wish to get another
Lamborghini.

I also remember mentioning that I wish to have a brand and engine based collection. So since I already have Lamborghini in the stable with the V12 ticked off my list , I look at other brands now as I am to fill the V8 , V10 and V6 / H6 column now . Not necessary that all these cars be purchased in India as I am heading to the states in a year or so for higher academic pursuits.

Hence forth I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the V10 R8 due to easy support and reliability , Audi brand name , V10 Lamborghini sourced engine , and relatively easy to drive due to plush interiors and more ground clearance as compared to the LP640.

Thanks a ton brother!
I have never really visited Chandigarh, so I have no idea what the roads there are like, but unless they are really smooth, I highly advise against the 997 Turbo. The ground clearance is very low and since you're looking for a daily driver, I'd recommend something that is more practical, or it will just be one more exotic in your stable that gets used sparingly, not regularly.

I don't know what sort of ground clearance the R8 V10 would have, but it sure would be nice to have one, bearing in mind what you said about brand and engine format, when building a car collection.

Either way, drive safe and take good care of the cars!
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:53   #463
v10
BHPian

Personally, the R8, the way it sticks to the ground, is not the best DD..
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:32   #464
Senior - BHPian

Well, what about the R8 Tdi.
Just a thought.
Its got 1000nm of torque . Daily Drive. Lesser running cost.
If only it is out. Is it?

Else why not consider the Nissan GT-R too.?
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:54   #465
BHPian

Brilliant videos. I am glad you are using the car the way it is meant to be used. Congratulations once again. Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks