Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 11:39   #121
BHPian

ohhhhhhhh boy,, what a mess,, cant believe my eyes

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules!

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th August 2008 at 20:57. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 16th August 2008, 16:21   #122
Team-BHP Support

Ok guys

Driver went fast
Car trashed
Driver okay

Even unspoilt poor people like me push it and have accidents even at legal speeds

I anticipate any inputs to this thread as meaningless now

Unless one has updates about what happened to the wreck, insurance payout issues etc

This thread is closed
Old 19th August 2008, 12:26   #123
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Some more updates on the Lambo crash.

In today's Mumbai Mirror, there is some news on an accident crash of the same car. Here's the link.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...=1219127432046

Matka king’s son fakes ‘accident’ to save his Lamborghini

Says the Rs 3 crore car was crashed and reduced to scrap

MUMBAI MIRROR BUREAU

For the Mumbai crime branch, the four-day long police custody of key conspirators of matka king Suresh Bhagat’s killing has revealed a good deal about his son Hitesh’s expensive car collection and how they tried
evading the police eye, by ‘misleading’ the investigation.
In a very interesting case, the crime branch told the court told how Hitesh lied to them about his Rs 3 crore Lamborghini car being damaged in an accident, to save it from being seized.
On Monday, MCOCA Judge R G Avachat remanded the three prime accused of Bhagat’s murder — son Hitesh, former wife Jaya and Kiran Pujari — to judicial custody after the crime branch laid hands on some crucial information about their priced possessions.
In their remand sheet, the police said that other than learning about Jaya’s Skoda Octavia worth Rs 8.62 lakh and confiscating it, they also seized Hitesh’s Chevrolet SRV worth Rs 7 lakh and learnt about his other expensive car transactions worth crores.
However, the crime branch was stumped to learn last week, that Hitesh had weaved a false story about he having had an accident in his Lamborghini Murcielago, which he had bought last year. Hitesh had told the police, soon after his arrest, that his Rs 3 crore Lamborghini met with an accident in the jurisdiction of Vakola police and was ruined and reduced to scrap. But the crime branch checked with the accident records and found that no such accident had ever occured. “With this, it became clear to us, that Hitesh was misleading the police,” ACP Ashok Duraphe stated in his report to the court. He added that, “The accused had hidden crucial information the last time they were in our custody.” Another senior officer said that Hitesh was just trying to save his priced vehicle by faking his accident.
CASE BACKGROUND
On June 13, Suresh Bhagat was killed in an orchestrated road accident near Alibaug. A truck driven by Praveen Shetty rammed into a Scorpio jeep killing Bhagat, two advocates and bodyguards who were also in the jeep. Shetty then revealed that Harish Mandvekar paid him Rs 3 lakh to run his truck into Bhagat's jeep. Police picked up Mandvekar who, in turn, revealed Subhash Roge's name. Roge said Jaya had promised him Rs 45 lakh and a share in the Matka trade. Jaya, Hitesh and Roge, along with five other accused, were then arrested by the Crime Branch for their alleged role in the ‘supari’ murder of Suresh Bhagat. The motive behind Bhagat’s murder was to usurp his flourishing matka business.

A model of Lamborghini Murcielago, which Hitesh owned
Old 19th August 2008, 12:37   #124
BHPian

Owner Identified

Hey Guys.

Just read the news today... the lamborghini belonged to Hitesh Bhagwat.. son of late matka king Suresh Bhagwat who was murdered a few days back on the express highway

the newspaper said that the Income Tax authorities was scrutinising his assets which is why to evade them he crashed the car on purpose.. and news has it that the car has been scrapped..

the accident was reported with vakola police station and the guy told the authorities that the car has been scraped...but the police authorities said that they have not registered the complaint...

Mods please edit the title of the post informing everyone about the news..

Does anyone has any more info about this
Old 19th August 2008, 13:15   #125
Senior - BHPian

Well, as usual the reporters in their eagerness to bring the news "First" to readers have failed to do investigation. The car in question, which is being referred to, was in fact crashed and one can see the pictures. Even the place is right. This car has spent considerable time and has been put back together, how successfully, is another issue but it has been put back together. This was offered for sale to one of my very close friends who also flew to Bombay from out of town and nearly purchased the car.
A lot of discussions later I realized that it was the same car.
Immediately i asked my friend to back off. The main reasons were;
1) It was a totalled car without question.
2) It belonged to an wanted person whose bank accounts were frozen. The car was in hiding, so it would not be long before the authorities would come looking for the car to confiscate it and that would mean hassles for my friend plus he would loose his investment. The dealer in the meanwhile, was talking the opposite.
I mean how many LP640s do we have and in the place my freind stays, it would draw immediate attention and the car would be confiscated pronto. Better sense prevailed on my friend who went back without the car. Today he called me and thanked me for my being adamant. Im happy he could save his hard earned money and hassles.
Moral of the story: however good the deal looks, make sure its legal and all there.
Second Moral: the car was indeed bashed, contrary to what the police or the press say. The proofs on our forum.
Old 19th August 2008, 13:23   #126
BHPian

i'm wondering why no one on this forum knew anything about the owner and instead have a tabloid paper reveal the real owner.

My driver told me who he thought the owner was and I sorta didn't believe him till i saw the paper today. The driver is from Worli and said the area where the car was stored, belonged to the Bhagat's and all their cars have "4545".
Old 19th August 2008, 18:06   #127
BHPian

Holy Mother Of God!

Thats total assault!
Old 20th August 2008, 02:49   #128
BHPian

expensive crash!

Oh! Yeah.. Sure, its gonna be the expensive crash on the Indian road.. Just guess how much will come for a full body carbon-fibre shell..
Insurance people have to do the job!!
Old 20th August 2008, 08:32   #129
Senior - BHPian

Another artice, another pic in TOI today, here is the link,

Looks so bad, the way the bull is tied up.. what a waste of fine Italian engineering

Welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Accident in Bombay!!-lp.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 20th August 2008 at 08:34.
Old 20th August 2008, 11:30   #130
BANNED

whatever happened to the car is fixed and is for sale for 3cr. what is the real deal here. is it totalled or these are old pics. the mess is not worth anything. this is india so its a big deal. in dubai there are dumbyard filled with such cars
Old 20th August 2008, 14:18   #131
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the saying "Behind every great fortune there is a crime" holds good here. Murder, fraud, cheating, expensive cars.. looks like a typical masala potboiler fiction novel. Only thing missing is babes !! :-)
Old 20th August 2008, 14:41   #132
Senior - BHPian

It hurts me physically whenever I see these pics.
Old 20th August 2008, 15:51   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_phreak View Post
i'm wondering why no one on this forum knew anything about the owner and instead have a tabloid paper reveal the real owner.

My driver told me who he thought the owner was and I sorta didn't believe him till i saw the paper today. The driver is from Worli and said the area where the car was stored, belonged to the Bhagat's and all their cars have "4545".
A lot of people on this forum knew about the owner and also the number of the car but the rules of the forum are very clear on this. Unless one has permission of the owner specifically to post pics of his car one cannot do it and it should be followed to respect the privacy of the owner . Now that it is public knowledge, its ok to let the information flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
whatever happened to the car is fixed and is for sale for 3cr. what is the real deal here. is it totalled or these are old pics. the mess is not worth anything. this is india so its a big deal. in dubai there are dumbyard filled with such cars
Yes the car was for sale but for 1.65 Cr and not for 3 cr. At least that was what it was offered to us for.
If these are the recent pics then im surprized as it was told to me that the car is fully repaired and roadworthy. I was also eager to see how the car was repaired but no wonder the car was not shown to us as it would have been in this mangled state.
Even in this condition, the car is worth a lot more than many other cars here. As you said there are dismantlers all over the world from whom you would be able to buy sections of the car, not being metal. The finish quality would be a tad difficult to achieve.

Last edited by V-16 : 20th August 2008 at 15:53.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2008, 17:35   #134
Senior - BHPian

Was the car fixed in India or sent back. The only lambo dealer I know if is in Delhi.
Old 20th August 2008, 18:13   #135
Senior - BHPian

And he too outsources the workshop work to Patel Auto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks