Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 14:17   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh911 View Post
The Atom makes no sense in Mumbai. Honestly where can you drive it? I think this is another car for Mr. Raymond to get attention and feed his massive ego. Sorry but I prefer guys like Mr. Tata who are understated and don't show off their wealth. Atom is intended to become another page 3 car and was not bought for performance reasons
where can you drive any supercar in mumbai? there are still enough of supercars over here. how is this showing off his wealth? anyway its not even that expensive and this is not exactly a page 3 car. a gallardo or maybe a car which even has a full body could be called a page 3 car. and we all know GS uses his cars like theyre meant to be. see the speedruns every year. he runs his cars there.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I am joining the Delhi speed run for sure! Probably will sponsor them too.
Delhi,episode may not happen soon
since organisers have not been able to find a suitable venue to hold the venue.
Old 11th October 2008, 14:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Atom makes no sense in Mumbai. Honestly where can you drive it? I think this is another car for Mr. Raymond to get attention and feed his massive ego. Sorry but I prefer guys like Mr. Tata who are understated and don't show off their wealth. Atom is intended to become another page 3 car and was not bought for performance reasons
I agree with Akshay1234 here.
Singhi and an EGO!, My Friend he is as down to earth as can be, i say it as i know him personaly. He is fond of speed and knows how to make proper use of his cars. He does not need the attention and to be a Page 3 car or person. There are a number of sports cars in Bombay and they do find place on the roads to do insane speeds. His cars are bought for their performance and for no other reasons.
Old 11th October 2008, 15:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

Sorry, I meant the Torquenite thing. They are set for the Delhi Flying Club for 2009.
Old 15th October 2008, 07:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
thats wat doomed bangalore's speed run too.no suitable venue.sad.

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (wat = what, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to use proper capitalization and formatting. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th October 2008 at 11:21. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:00   #51
BHPian

There is a drag event happening in Bangalore in the month of November.

~Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
thats wat doomed bangalore's speed run too.no suitable venue.sad.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:09   #52
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think this is another car for Mr. Raymond to get attention and feed his massive ego.
Funny how you concluded that. Not many people with cash would go out and buy a Lotus Elise, generally accepted as one of the most brilliant chassis when it comes to handling. Gautam S did. Now he has an Ariel. Doesn't that say this guy is a hardcore enthusiast wanting to experience cutting edge handling machinery?

If he were a poser buying cars just for his ego trip then there's so many more to choose from than the ones he has picked up.

Oh and BTW chances are most people in India will think the Atom is some homespun garage effort buggy and possibly ask if its a modified Herald or Esteem

When most people think my VFR is a modified Pulsar chances are the Atom would struggle to have its identity established

I find the Caterhams to be a riot. The Ariel would be sheer heaven

Next he needs to get a race rig so his cars can be carted to the best roads in the country, fly in for the weekend, have a blast and fly back. Why attempt these cars on any pothole ridden road?

Last edited by DKG : 15th October 2008 at 11:22.
Old 15th October 2008, 11:17   #53
BHPian

Ariel Atom isn't a very expensive car to begin with. Yes, it will cost a fortune after duty etc, however there are a million other cars that can easily make a statement that you are trying to flaunt your money.

This car on the other hand is for auto enthusiast who realizes the potential in this car.

Congrats to the owner for thinking out of the box and getting this car. Has always been one of my dream cars.
Old 15th October 2008, 12:44   #54
Jay
BHPian

Nice buy. He wont be able to drive it in the traffic but would be nice to see this car in the drags.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:22   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think this is another car for Mr. Raymond to get attention and feed his massive ego.
Does the chief of an extremely popular Indian clothing brand need any more attention? And if he wanted attention, other flashy cars would be far suited to the purpose rather than an Ariel Atom. Lets cut him some slack, here is a petrolhead who clearly knows his cars and how to enjoy them. Taste I say.
Old 17th October 2008, 00:53   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...here is a petrolhead who clearly knows his cars and how to enjoy them.
+1 Yup, have to say
Old 17th October 2008, 01:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

My, my....Mr. Raymond never fails to amaze...as if the Croydon R33 wasn't enough...

Kudos. Just wish there were more well-heeled of his tastes. We could've seen a lot more out here than your regular dosage of S classes & Ferraris...

Times sure are changing. There's a hush-hush rumour doing fly-bys that somebody's looking at building a proper 5 Km-odd track en' route (read- somewhere around) Nashik, but well....God knows if it'll ever materialize...Mumbaikars, start praying....

But for now, some pics of the ACTUAL car, in Mumbai, if possible please...where are all our seasoned spies??
Old 20th October 2008, 00:21   #58
BHPian

this one has positraction/lsd right?
Old 20th October 2008, 14:01   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Atom is intended to become another page 3 car and was not bought for performance reasons
@santosh, I don't think you are right here. Let me explain, If you know the history of cars that 'mr raymonds' has, it will clearly tell one that he is not attracted towards the glitzy car, but towards more perfomance oriented cars.

Secondly, very few people understand an appreciate the Ariel Atom, forget the page 3 types, they will think what the hell is this ???

SO i guess, you should understand who is buying the car and what his car history has been.

Cheers
AC
Old 20th October 2008, 15:09   #60
BHPian

Yes,this IS more of a focussed performance car than a showoff piece.Jerry himself says on TG that 'At this point,you'll probably be thinking that the Atom is abitofalaugh, abitofagadget, abitofatoy,but you'd be wrong very wrong.' Kudos to GS for buying this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks