Team-BHP - Supercar & Import Crashes in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Supercar & Import Crashes in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/51210-supercar-import-crashes-india-31.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 2321280)
Here is the link to Panamera Incident:Drunk Porsche driver rams into biker

This car is back on the road. Saw it outside Indigo in Colaba a few weekends ago. Looks as good as new.

According to Supercar and Exotic in New Delhi page, a Black Porsche Carrera S has been wrecked yesterday night India gate.

Though there is no pics to support the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manu7781 (Post 2547551)
Hey.. Anyone have any more info on Porsche Accident on India gate periphiral Road..

Rs 1.5-crore sports car crashes near India Gate

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-17drunk.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsCry (Post 2547568)

The police has said, as reported by 5 other papers, they werent drunk.
why has this scam sheet just blatantly put out that they were, "heavily" so?

But, yes, its is correct, i dont understand why people who have any car over 50L, think India gate is the place to stretch its legs?
its a good road, granted, but the hell-on-wheels traffic is hardly suitable for anything over 60, maybe a 100 at night.
even that is pushing your luck.

ive seen the maseratis/lamborghinis/ocaasional Ms, and AMGs, all ripping on the radials(which is not advisable as well, since there's a lot of entries and exits on radials too), and then carrying on the racing to the circle.

maybe the budhha circuit will put paid to such nonsense.

day before, i saw a cls, being chased by a , wait for it, tahoe!!(or h3..:))
why?
if that mountain needed to stop in an emergency, it would have flipped so bad!!!
into about 30 odd CD plated jags, and s-classes.
that would have counted for a number of years/fat payout.

^^Thew news is confirmed, read about in today's newspaper.

Here is a link.

Delhi: At 180 kmph, Porsche crashes near India Gate : North: News India Today

According to Hindi Daily Navbharat Times, it was a "Bekaabu Farrari" (uncontrolled Ferrari).

A quote from the above article says,
Quote:

The front right tyre was uprooted and came to rest where the engine sits, resembling a stepney. The crushed engine, a jelly of metal, sat on top of the tyre, having been ejected out of its place.
What was the "Jelly of metal" they found on the front tyre in a rear engined Porsche? :Frustrati

A pic of the deceased Porsche from Cars I Spotted Facebook page.

those are some strong headlamps lol

Glad the occupants are safe and escaped only with minor injuries, goes to go show how well Porsches are made. HT reports that the car was doing 150kmph whereas Indiatoday says 180. I think he must be around 180 as ,taking into consideration Carrera's handling abilities and the road where this happened, at 150 he would have made it through.
Here is a pic from HT

PS: I agree, those are one sturdy pair of headlights.
Name:  20111017_130416.png
Views: 13755
Size:  626.1 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDHAV (Post 2547745)
^^Thew news is confirmed, read about in today's newspaper.

Here is a link.

Delhi: At 180 kmph, Porsche crashes near India Gate : North: News India Today

According to Hindi Daily Navbharat Times, it was a "Bekaabu Farrari" (uncontrolled Ferrari).

Got this pic from NDTV site.

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-delhi_porche_crash_295.jpg

Source : Rs 1.5-crore Porsche crashes near India Gate

btw, what safety balloon are they talking about here?!

Rs 1.5-crore Porsche crashes near India Gate

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2548054)

They are talking about airbags which opened up during the collision!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2548054)

Quote:

Originally Posted by acsandeep (Post 2548112)
They are talking about airbags which opened up during the collision!!

Yeh, they are indeed talking about air bags. I wonder what they call tires? rolling rubbers? :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilisanil (Post 2548117)
Yeh, they are indeed talking about air bags. I wonder what they call tires? rolling rubbers? :deadhorse

LOL,dont know what is wrong going with all the news peoples,today in some newspaper they said porsche as ferrari:Frustrati.

Have not understood , are you saying they were drunk or that they were not , mostly every publication that i read - Mid Day , Times of India , some online news websites reported status as being "Heavily Drunk"

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2547664)
The police has said, as reported by 5 other papers, they werent drunk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by puchoo (Post 2549108)
Have not understood , are you saying they were drunk or that they were not , mostly every publication that i read - Mid Day , Times of India , some online news websites reported status as being "Heavily Drunk"

i meant the police said that they werent drunk.
TOI didnt say they were heavily so,they quoted(still do) the above text. and till y'day except mid-day, all reports mentioned the police's statement.
now it seems ndtv and one other have picked on this theme.
Its just 2 guys who dont have sense enough to understand the power, and its relevance, but with enough money to tide over that lack of sense.:)