Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2017, 14:01   #136
BHPian

Re: money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India to make heads turn at any cost?

If in the SUV category then either the G63 6*6 or the Hilux Arctic 6*6. For anything else, its the Chiron

Money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India?-large-image_35.jpg

Money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India?-arctictruckshilux6x601.jpg

Money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India?-9.jpg
centaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 14:54   #137
BHPian

Re: money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India to make heads turn at any cost?

I would get the Subaru Impreza WRX Sti... it is cheap, can be used for grocery runs and when I feel like it can become Colin McRae... this is sheep in wolf's clothing type of car.
And did I mention cheap..
Old 24th March 2017, 15:15   #138
Senior - BHPian

If money is not a constraint, then, I wonder what stops me from buying all the cars mentioned in this thread?

I do not find a reason for NOT purchasing any of these cars. All cars are Fabulous and worth to be with me !!

Of course, I will use my Santro and Qualis for my office commute and long journey since I cannot afford to fuel all these cars ! (No Money constraints ONLY for purchasing these cars per thread rule.)

Last edited by gkveda : 24th March 2017 at 15:18.
Old 24th March 2017, 22:53   #139
Senior - BHPian

It is very tough to shortlist cars when you have an unlimited budget - in my case, it is a close call among these three. I am sure any one from these can turn as much or more heads than any modern car out there

The Schmidt coupe

Money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India?-captainamerica_danielsimon_t_schmidtcar_03.jpg

Money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India?-captainamerica_danielsimon_b_coupe_01.jpg

Rolls Royce Phantom 1 Jonckheere Coupe

Money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India?-1925rollsroycephantom1jonckheerecoupe.jpg

Phantom Corsair

Money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India?-1938_phantom_corsair_pebble_beach_concours_delegance_2007_02.jpg

If I can have one more, it will be the Saoutchik Bucciali TAV 8 V12 Fleche dOr Berline (and the fifth goes to any delahaye by Saoutchik)

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 24th March 2017 at 23:02.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 12:35   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
It is very tough to shortlist cars when you have an unlimited budget - in my case, it is a close call among these three. I am sure any one from these can turn as much or more heads than any modern car out there

--Anoop
WHOA!! never heard about any of them ever. And the first one looks intimidating
anish5225 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 10:15   #141
BHPian

Money no bar, I still would want to own a car that grabs attention or rather screams for it. Have a strong urge to say the usual Supercar and hypercar names. But no I realised this would be the car.

A Jensen Interceptor R restomod with a supercharged Chevy V8. For weekend drives. That by the way would grab attention in India because people will think look what he did to that HM Contessa.

Money no bar, which car would you buy/import in India?-images-1.jpg

A Lexus LX570d grabs attention due to sheer size and will be a good all round SUV.

Also a Dodge Challenger Hellcat for the drag runs.

Last edited by Shanksta : 31st March 2017 at 10:16.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 12:54   #142
BHPian

What car would you truly buy?

Hello all! I have a question for everyone.

What is the one car that you would truly love to own no matter what?
Please state it along with an explanation (can be anything!)

Some conditions:
  1. Money is not an issue
  2. Car can be from any era.
  3. No need to be constrained by emissions norms.
  4. No major manufacturing defect is present in the car of your choice. It's just regular niggles that you'd be fine with.
  5. You don't care what anyone else thinks of the car, it's for your own happiness.

Me personally, I'd love an SLS AMG! It is probably one of the craziest cars that AMG has ever built and it's got a personality of its own that's hard to beat! Those gullwing doors are just amazing and the car genuinely looks drool worthy to me. The most powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine and an exhaust noise that's engine only with no exhaust trickery of any sort. It can be a nice simple cruiser or if you like it can have its tail wag out for absolutely no reason other than to put a big smile on your face (and destroy the tyres in the process, refer Jeremy Clarkson driving it in the East Coast in the US on Top Gear).

Last edited by nikhilthegunner : 13th September 2019 at 12:59.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 13:46   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What car would you truly buy?

It'd be the Ford Expedition for me.

It is a true 8 seater with actual seating comfort in the 3rd row, has a beast of an engine (375 HP), has a superb 4x4 system and weighs so much (~5.5 tonnes dry) that it glides over all kinds of roads.

If we come to think about it, our existing MPVs cannot even truly seat 7 in comfort and neither are our 7 seater SUVs anywhere nowhere near the Expedition in space and ergonomics.

That's all I would need. A Ford Expedition 4x4. I'm a simple man.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:13   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Obviously a nice Lamborghini - the Countach RC car started the love for me.
However, it would be a little bit of a fight between that, a few other Lamborghini's, and the following:

E39 M5 or an E46 M3.
Classic lines, practical & low profile, and pure fun!
Another option is to get the 1965 Mustang GT.

I'd drive all the above and just buy whatever has planted the biggest grin on my face at the end of the journey.

From the Indian market place, the W124 E Class, E60 530i, and the Tata Safari (just a childish memory of being driven to school in a friend's Safari when we used to carpool - the driver was rash and really left a spot for the car - 12 year old me loved his driving but nearly 30 year old me would cringe!)
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:24   #145
BHPian

Ooh! There's many

But for now, I will take the last gen Audi RS7 Performance.

Brilliant machine, killer looks and oh that melodious twin turbo V8! All that while you have 3 friends and all their luggage with you!

It's also quite inconspicuous compared to more hardcore sportscar so I'd be less paranoid to park it in a public place.

Cheers!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 13th September 2019 at 14:25. Reason: Cheers :)
porsche_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:28   #146
Senior - BHPian

I like good looking SUVs with low range and 4x4 that can seat seven in comfort . My pick would be the Landrover Discovery 4 (2009-2016) . To me it is the best looking SUV. The fifth gen Discovery is ugly. The latest gen defender is a bit too loud for my taste.

The reason for my liking for Discovery is mostly because of the Tata Safari ads that I watched during my childhood. I consider Discovery as what Safari should have become through its evolution.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 13th September 2019 at 14:29.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:33   #147
Senior - BHPian

Tesla Model 3 Performance. Perfect car for my need. Then a Nexon XZ+ Diesel for all those long, hilly and no road situation.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:57   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

There will be a few takers for this car in this forum i`m sure. Money really is no object in front of this vehicle. Its priceless. (It will also be the most expensive vehicle ever if it comes to an auction)

I understand its unattainable, and perhaps only fit to be kept as an art work in an over-sized living room which I do not have.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 15:01   #149
BHPian

Don't really know much about super cars or luxury cars so decided to google and decide based on looks. I would buy 2, one for self-driving and one to be chauffeured in.

For self i looked at production, street-legal cars with quickest Nurburgring lap times. Lambo SVJ is the quickest but based on looks i love the Porsche Spyder and AMG GT-R Pro and will pick the Spyder in the end.

For luxury car to be chauffeured in there is only one for me. Mercedes-Maybach.
Old 13th September 2019, 15:17   #150
AYP
Senior - BHPian

My pick would be-

1. The Bugatti Chiron
2. Mclaren F1

If I have to absolutely pick one, it would be the Mclaren F1. Reason- It's a manual.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks