Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 01:49   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
When youre in there its not a problem theres plenty of space. Im talking about getting in and out, Had to ut my butt at just the right angles here and there to squiggle out!
Oh. You mean because it's so low? But that's a common problem for all sports cars, isn't it?
Old 24th February 2009, 10:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Oh. You mean because it's so low? But that's a common problem for all sports cars, isn't it?

Guys.

You need to stop complaining about such smal issues.

Trust me the guys who will be buying Lambos and Ferarris are doing so to enjoy the performance and the thrill that comes with diriving such cars.

They dont mind minor discomforts like a little juggle while getting in out out.

If you want ease of entry and exit you need to by one of those big old matador vans Very spacious and great to ride around in.

Also let me tell you about a 18 year old guy who had just got married. His father gifted him a new Gallardo. He was driving one night and while coming down an off ramp and changing lanes he filpped the car.

He's in there with the car on its roof shouting for help as the door, which hinges upwards can't be opened.

Before people could do anything the fuel tank burst and the car went up in flames ending a promising young life and leaving behind a widowed wife of one month.

The moral here is even after spending all that money the car was not safe and its inherent design features actually contributed to this tragedy.
Old 24th February 2009, 12:55   #18
BHPian

The Gallardo door is not hinged upwards. It opens like any regular car.
Old 24th February 2009, 18:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
The Gallardo door is not hinged upwards. It opens like any regular car.

I was thinking the same.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

OOPS it was ment to be the Murcielago. My bad

Last edited by wasif : 24th February 2009 at 20:25. Reason: correctuion
Old 5th March 2009, 13:02   #21
BHPian

Well,it's really sick of lamborghini and super car makers,to design cars which suit only short people.When we are paying money which is fortune enough,why cant they even try to make enough room in the super cars.Yesterday,I have seen the video of Top gear-Audi R8 review and I think it has enough space and even carrera was having enough room.So dear lamborghini(owned by audi) please redesign the car so that tall hunks can also use the car.

P.S: I've heard this rumour that lambo plant is about to start in south india (chennai) is it true ? And even porsche is going to start it's production in india.Are all these rumours or real deals
Old 5th March 2009, 15:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post
Well,it's really sick of lamborghini and super car makers,to design cars which suit only short people.When we are paying money which is fortune enough,why cant they even try to make enough room in the super cars.Yesterday,I have seen the video of Top gear-Audi R8 review and I think it has enough space and even carrera was having enough room.So dear lamborghini(owned by audi) please redesign the car so that tall hunks can also use the car.

P.S: I've heard this rumour that lambo plant is about to start in south india (chennai) is it true ? And even porsche is going to start it's production in india.Are all these rumours or real deals
R8 has less space than the Gallardo!!

And adding unnecessary space means adding unnecessary weight. I think the cars are built (on average) for 5'9"-6' feet people. Of course, anything less will also do...
Old 5th March 2009, 22:22   #23

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

I am about 6'3".. I have also sat in numerous supercars.. through my experience Lambos (as much as I love them) I have had a hard time with. However Ferrari was usually good and easy to get in and out off. A Veyron isnt bad either.. A Nissan GTR, Aston Martins, and Audi R8 were all very easy to get in and out off... only Lambo I have had some trouble with.
Old 6th March 2009, 23:03   #24
BHPian

Aston martins are comfortable according to some information i got from the web.Now any thing on mercedes-amg models and is it comfy for tall people in mercedes slk.
Old 6th March 2009, 23:31   #25

Wow some tall people on here

I am 6'1" and I can tell you that the Honda S2000 is not at all comfortable, but I recently drove a Corvette Z06, amazing and lots of space. I don't no if these cars are in India.
Old 7th March 2009, 01:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugalF150 View Post
I am 6'1" and I can tell you that the Honda S2000 is not at all comfortable, but I recently drove a Corvette Z06, amazing and lots of space. I don't no if these cars are in India.
thanks for that post sir and yeah february edition of topgear, he gave a comparison between Lambo murcie and Corvette z06.In most of the things,z06 was given top ratings,but final credit was given to lamborghini and corvette z06 costs 1.5c on road and more powerful than lambo i guess.

How your experience in driving that sir and any lambo experience ?
Old 9th March 2009, 11:00   #27

No, I haven't had the pleasures of driving a lambo...yet. The Z06 is one awsome ride. It will definitely be my next car purchase. The performance for the price can't be beat. Currently I have a Subaru STI which is a lot of fun as well. I just know that a lot of the little roadster cars I sat in aren't very comfortable, when it comes to leg room. Plus I got big feet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks