Team-BHP - Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Event - Mumbai Supercar Show-5th April 2009. Pics from Pg5. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/55994-event-mumbai-supercar-show-5th-april-2009-pics-pg5-2.html)

OH MY GOD! If I would I know it earleir, I would have pre-ponded my trip, I was about to come to Mumbai on 3rd week of this month. I've also commited another trip on the day. I feel regret to miss such an exotic event! Anyway hope to compensate with the snaps & videos to be posted here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1239782)
I dont see a problem for car enthusiasts coming to see the cars.

Look at the invitation carefully. See the letters R.S.V.P. Rings a bell? Also Doc's reply is rather cold. Even the ACI forum has a post regarding this event, but, it dosen't even have this invitation card. Because of all this, I'm more or less convinced that unless one has an invitation card, he or she won't be allowed near the cars. Stand on the road and wait.

You mumbaikars are always lucky to get such glam events.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 1240163)
Many hours of standing in the hot sun and risking a stroke, unsure if I'll get to really see a supercar at close quarters OR
Hitting the highway in the comfort of my own airconditioned car, the pleasure of driving with the promise of a pollution free destination.
It's a no-brainer. Option 2 for me. Will come to the supercar show only if I don't go anywhere.
My bet is, for the average motoring fan this supercar show will be the same as standing outside the Porsche showroom and staring at the Carrera GT. Nothing more. Otherwise, where are the advertisements? Where are the invitations?
With Pedder Road being made a one-way, who ever goes, best of of luck.

Peddar Road is back to being a two way since this morning.

Hey Dippy me and my collegues are in. Any idea on the head count of the car's participating???

theres an ad in the mumbai mirror today. theres a display from 10-11. flag off from 11-1130. drive tilll 1230 and again a display. entry to the display is by invitation only.

how do we get invites?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1240262)
Peddar Road is back to being a two way since this morning.

That means they've worked very hard through the night coz it didn't look too good yesterday.
Anyway, the rally will go via Walkeshwar and Breach Candy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1240297)
theres an ad in the mumbai mirror today. theres a display from 10-11. flag off from 11-1130. drive tilll 1230 and again a display. entry to the display is by invitation only.

As I had predicted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 1240312)
That means they've worked very hard through the night coz it didn't look too good yesterday.
Anyway, the rally will go via Walkeshwar and Breach Candy.

As I had predicted.

it was opened yesterday itself. saw it in the afternoon on the way to town at 2.

Got this info from one of the organizers:

The invites are for owners who are exhibiting their cars and the participating teams. The display however is open for all to visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1240336)
Got this info from one of the organizers:

The invites are for owners who are exhibiting their cars and the participating teams. The display however is open for all to visit.

so probably those without invites will be behind a barricade or something and those with invites will get to be up close with the cars.

Will be in Pune on Saturday I think. Hopefully I can make it back in time to see this...or the GP.

Would love to join you guys on Sunday. Count me in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorque (Post 1239418)
I do know lot about it. I wonder how you got through to this.

There is a billboard for the same at Mahalakshmi, just before the National Garage shoroom. Doesn't seem like a secret.

manson.

If one cannot see the display, the cars can very well be seen on Marine Drive during the parade. Would be a lovely sight. Can head out to some place after that for the race followed by lunch.

confirmation from our end about the car's participating. The C 63 AMG, SL 63 AMG, SLK 55 AMG, S 65 AMG.
-cheers!!