Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2005, 13:00   #16
BHPian

Well Guys ...heres some news!!...firstly Balenopower...this is rocking stuff!!!hats off to you...now coming to the point ...from very very reliable souces this car is for sure a SL 55 ///AMG ...and perhaps the best one to land on Indian soil ...I did not mention this on TB,but mentioned it to a few TB members a few months ago that there was one on sale for 1.10-1.20 Crs....lying in the docks...and bingo! the description what I gave matches exactly with this car!!!
Aparently while the car was being bought here (pls don't ask me who imported this one)had a problem with the odometer and it could not be fixed properly again...my friend (who told me all this )too was surprised as to how the car got out of the docks !!!
Old 2nd June 2005, 13:10   #17
BHPian

This is most definitely a 55. Even without the badges and so you can come to know with the wheels, front and rear and exhaust.
Old 2nd June 2005, 13:27   #18
BHPian

Some more news....aparently this is a second hand car and the person who imported the car was trying to get the odometer reset to zero!!...moreover he had also ordered some other parts from abroad ...bright possibility those parts would also include the gear box!!!...noticed there ain't no gear stick and as balenopower mentioned that the ownwer got it towed(unsure that this ones a paddleshift...if there one available in the first place)
Old 2nd June 2005, 13:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

GRRRR. whoever treated the SL55 so badly... RTech what about the PETA?? remember ??
shall we start it??
Old 2nd June 2005, 13:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablywacky
Some more news....aparently this is a second hand car and the person who imported the car was trying to get the odometer reset to zero!!...moreover he had also ordered some other parts from abroad ...bright possibility those parts would also include the gear box!!!...noticed there ain't no gear stick and as balenopower mentioned that the ownwer got it towed(unsure that this ones a paddleshift...if there one available in the first place)

All SL's are 'paddleshift'. They do not have the actual paddles itself but there are buttons on the backside of the steering which assist in upshifting and downshifting
Old 2nd June 2005, 14:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper
All SL's are 'paddleshift'. They do not have the actual paddles itself but there are buttons on the backside of the steering which assist in upshifting and downshifting

Hmm....so does that mean that in the above SL there is only a 'buttonshift' and that it does not necessarily require to have a gear stick ??
in other words... do you think that the gearstick is missing ??

Last edited by comfortablywacky : 2nd June 2005 at 14:47.
Old 2nd June 2005, 16:42   #22
BHPian

NO The gearstick is still required. This someone has just tampered with.
Old 2nd June 2005, 16:51   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
GRRRR. whoever treated the SL55 so badly... RTech what about the PETA?? remember ??
shall we start it??
haha! yea, I remember that. But wasn't it the SPCA? Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Automobiles.
Old 2nd June 2005, 17:45   #24
BHPian

That is sad...Very sad. Those jerks treating a car of that beauty without a heart. The hood, scratches on bumper, rusted rear discs......my hearts heavy!!

Paddle shift or no paddle shift that car needs a shifter.

Sigh.....
Old 2nd June 2005, 17:51   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, what news for a Team-BHPian who may have contacts in the custom auctions department!

Sad. Totally. Why buy a supercar and then dangerously skimp on the customs?

GTO
Old 2nd June 2005, 17:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

dude the SL55 have auto trans , with the paddle shifter ..

it is not there ..maybe they broke it to shift out of the Park and put it in Neutral or something...but no that wont work either...

anyways..the SL55 must have been sitting on the gear select to (P) Park.. did the cops have the keys to the car????
it not how did they move it with the wheels jammed..?
Old 2nd June 2005, 19:27   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Damn, I am back to this thread. Breaks my heart to think of some "Pappu" trying to force the car into neutral and breaking the shift lever in the bargain.

GTO
Old 2nd June 2005, 20:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Damn, I am back to this thread. Breaks my heart to think of some "Pappu" trying to force the car into neutral and breaking the shift lever in the bargain.

GTO
or was it a keyless go system and they have removed the start button mounted on the gearshift to immobilse it.

wonder if it was stolen ?
Old 2nd June 2005, 21:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

If people had that kinda money to buy supercars, why can't they pay the customs too other than seeing their car beaing pushed arnd like a piece of junk!
Old 2nd June 2005, 23:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Guys this is a con job. someone apparantly bought this beauty(amg 55 surely) down and evaded the customs duty, was aware of the action and got the shift lever(maybe the gearbox too) and maybe some vital parts (maybe the fuel distributor, manifold and looks like a meters missing too) so that it is useless to a certain extent to whoever purchases it at an auction, if someone does that. Due to missing parts the auction price may be relatively lower than the duty he would have to pay. I know of a couple of cases like that and everyone went home happy in the end. Note the silver shift button on the rear of the steering wheel, thats the so called paddle shift which in this case is not a paddle but a switch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks