Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 00:39   #211
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,894
Thanked: 6,730 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
Yes that isn't a standard or HGTE 599 but I was just trying to show the differences.
The grill on Novitec is same as on a standard 599. (below - standard 599)
I thought without being pedantic people would get what I am saying. I forgot I am on t-bhp

@theragingbull - the grill also suggests it's a HGTE
Dude, I'm actually not getting you point here. I think HGTE are add-on's that can be added to any Ferrari on offer(in this case the 599 GTB). There is no model called Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE. If he got the grille, exhausts, rims its all quite an after marketish thing. Just like you own a 5 series for a while, got quite bored by its looks and gets an M Kit. That doesn't make the car an M5. Hope I made some sense !

Last edited by Scorcher : 7th March 2010 at 00:43.
Scorcher is offline  
Old 7th March 2010, 08:59   #212
Senior - BHPian
 
shamik.bose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 130 Times
Default

@Scorcher: The HGTE also gets suspension tweaks and all.And it can be bought as an HGTE version straightaway. Or the add-ons can be applied to existing 599's also.
shamik.bose is offline  
Old 7th March 2010, 15:17   #213
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,578
Thanked: 9,837 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post
Yes that isn't a standard or HGTE 599 but I was just trying to show the differences.
The grill on Novitec is same as on a standard 599. (below - standard 599)
I thought without being pedantic people would get what I am saying. I forgot I am on t-bhp

@theragingbull - the grill also suggests it's a HGTE
Sorry for being pedantic! I hadn't understood your post completely, I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Dude, I'm actually not getting you point here. I think HGTE are add-on's that can be added to any Ferrari on offer(in this case the 599 GTB). There is no model called Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE. If he got the grille, exhausts, rims its all quite an after marketish thing. Just like you own a 5 series for a while, got quite bored by its looks and gets an M Kit. That doesn't make the car an M5. Hope I made some sense !
+1! Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
@Scorcher: The HGTE also gets suspension tweaks and all.And it can be bought as an HGTE version straightaway. Or the add-ons can be applied to existing 599's also.
Again! +1! The owner can opt for the parts before taking delivery or even after a few years of ownership.
suhaas307 is offline  
Old 7th March 2010, 16:27   #214
BHPian
 
ir458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Dude, I'm actually not getting you point here. I think HGTE are add-on's that can be added to any Ferrari on offer(in this case the 599 GTB). There is no model called Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE. If he got the grille, exhausts, rims its all quite an after marketish thing. Just like you own a 5 series for a while, got quite bored by its looks and gets an M Kit. That doesn't make the car an M5. Hope I made some sense !
HGTE for any Ferrari?
Just like HGTC for 575M, HGTC or HGTS for 612, I think HGTE package is specific to 599. I hope I am correct.

Yes there isn't any model called as 599 GTB Fiorano HGTE and by 599 HGTE I mean 599 GTB Fiorano equipped with HGTE package .

After market think makes complete sense but that's not a trend with Ferraris.

Just like we would hardly see or hear 430 equipped with 430 Scuderia bumper and exhausts, 550 equipped with 575 Bumper, 360 with Challenge grills and CF mirrors to look look like 360 CS, it's hard to find 599s equipped with kits. Probable but rare .

Anyways a nice article on HGTE by evo taking into consideration all subtle details - Ferrari 599 HGTE | Car Review | evo
ir458 is offline  
Old 18th March 2010, 01:05   #215
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,894
Thanked: 6,730 Times
Default

A video coverage from OD.

Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2010, 01:45   #216
BHPian
 
preetam_KORG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 700
Thanked: 379 Times
Default

Aaah! Lovely video scorchy, Thanks for sharing bro!
preetam_KORG is offline  
Old 19th August 2010, 20:32   #217
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 447
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Sorry for bumping up an old thread but didnt know where to put this -

Below is the link for the CannonBall Club Independence Run on the 15th of August.

Enjoy!~

"Independence Day Run" | Facebook
anantnehru is offline  
Old 19th August 2010, 22:43   #218
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 274
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Amazing. Great to see tricolour on those supercars!
aditya101 is offline  
Old 19th August 2010, 23:28   #219
Senior - BHPian
 
anekho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: .
Posts: 1,994
Thanked: 667 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Sorry for bumping up an old thread but didnt know where to put this -

Below is the link for the CannonBall Club Independence Run on the 15th of August.

Enjoy!~

"Independence Day Run" | Facebook
Great snaps!

Really feel proud to see the tri-colour one these beauties!
anekho is offline  
Old 20th August 2010, 01:04   #220
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 447
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

I'm in love with white Lambo and the R8 stripes. Whats really hilarious is the picture of the all supercars slowing down because of the waterlogged road; guess its all part and parcel of owning a supercar in Delhi!
anantnehru is offline  
Old 16th February 2011, 17:29   #221
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,678
Thanked: 5,451 Times
Default Re: Event :Delhi Super Car Show 21st Feb 2010

Hey, posting this from another forum
  • Event: The Claridges Supercar and Bike Show.
  • Date: Sunday, February 20th 2011.
  • Timings: 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM
  • Location: The Claridges, Aurangzeb Road, New Delhi.
gonna be there!!
Hoping this is correct information.
mayankk is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks