Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 19:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

@ecks, i agree with your points. By being more sportier, i meant the Ghost is for the kind of person who'd rather take the wheel of his Rolls Royce himself than give it to the chauffeur because acc. to reviews the Ghost is more fun to drive than the Phantom. I know you'd hardly find such people in India, but if i had the money, i would't want to see my chauffeur enjoying the 4.8sec to 100 in a Rolls.

Last edited by theragingbull : 11th March 2010 at 19:16.
Old 11th March 2010, 21:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Got these pics from orkut..and i think these pics are from mumbai(not sure)..

@Mods: couldn't find an appropriate thread for posting these pics,so posting them here.. I think this thread should be named as RR spottings in mumbai.
That is Navnit Motors and this Ghost was the promotional car down only for the launch of the Ghost in India and has returned to the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I dont think this is the First RR Ghost as we have already seen Maroon one here in delhi.
This is a company car and the Maroon Ghost is the only one for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
What kind of a garage is that? A RR(Range Rover) on the jacks and another on the ground? Nice! It looks better than the maroon one IMO.
Thats Navnit Motors workshop. I have to agree with you Shamik this looks far better than the Maroon and silver combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
nice catch there! The Ghost is the most gorgeous Rolls Royce ever IMO. It's much more sportier and drivable than the Phantom and also has lots of gadgets on board which makes it a better buy than the Phantom.

The Ghost in the picture seems to be a newly delivered one. I think each Ghost takes around 6-8 months to deliver. It could be even more, i'm not sure.
The Ghost and the Phantom have the same amount of gadgets on board it just depends on your budget. The Ghost is a few inches smaller than the Phantom but the curvy lines do the trick, much better as a self driver car.

It is back in the factory as its a Promotional vehicle. You can have four or five Rolls Royces at the same time depending when you booked it. The time taken to build one is 6-8 months depending on the options chosen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Pardon my ignorance, does 760Li not share platform with 730d or 750Li?
Yes it does, but the engine brakes and other components are all different. 730d is a 6 cylinder, 750 is a 8 and the 760 is a v12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Afaik, yes it does. I think his point was just, "It is the same pf as a 7" Does 760Li share the engine ? It is also 6.*L V12 ?
I believe they do share the engine but for the Ghost its tweeked a bit more. The Ghost has less leg room than the 7 series.

Quote:
I am not too much into RR but this surely does drives me into it..
Off topic:Couple of months ago in Indore i got a life time opportunity which i obviously didn't miss to see around 10 RR's (all vintage starting from 1923) in a single garage (that includes silver ghost,phantom I,II,III) and the sight was just amazing,that day i have seen around 100 vintage cars.
That would be at M.S.'s place in Indore
Old 11th March 2010, 21:28   #18
BHPian

Something Missing

Quote:
Got these pics from orkut..and i think these pics are from mumbai(not sure)..

@Mods: couldn't find an appropriate thread for posting these pics,so posting them here.. I think this thread should be named as RR spottings in mumbai.
If a thread already exits then please do the necessary things.
Attachment 305183

Attachment 305184

Attachment 305185

Attachment 305186

Attachment 305187

Attachment 305188

Attachment 305189

Attachment 305190

Attachment 305191
Something missing is the nice matt crome center bonnet finish.
Old 11th March 2010, 21:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Gorgeous car. It has got to be the best looking rolls - ever! Thanks for the pics Syed.

cheers
Old 11th March 2010, 23:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

I believe they do share the engine but for the Ghost its tweeked a bit more. The Ghost has less leg room than the 7 series.

Thanks brother, and good to know the BMW is doing all that and not even loosing an ounce of the RR essence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
Something missing is the nice matt crome center bonnet finish.
Matte chrome ? How can a chrome finish ever be matte ? Chrome is bling and matte i just the opposite. I hope you meant the Silver Mettalic finish.
Old 12th March 2010, 00:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

I acually quite like this one. The two-tone colour scheme stuff with the silver bonnet is *yook*
Old 12th March 2010, 10:02   #22
BHPian

I'd choose the Phantom over the Ghost anyday. The curvy lines aren't quite appealing making it look more Maybach-ish & the rear, like someone said before looks a lot like a Bentley!!
Old 13th March 2010, 08:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Some clarifications from my side:

1)This is a customer car headed or must I say should reach Chennai today. It was the first Ghost delivered by Navnit, pics were clicked on wednesday, Delhi dealer has delivered 4 already.

2)The promotional car was here for a week and was a LHD.

3) The Ghost is much more advanced than the Phantom in terms of Gadgets and technologies, much like the E66 7 series and the F02 7 Series.The BMW 7 Series F02 and the Ghost are technically identical.

4) The engine is a 6.6L V12 twin turbo plant borrowed and tweaked from the 6.0L BMW V12, the power is phenomenal!

5) 4 more Ghosts arriving in the coming week, 2 will be for Mumbai!
Old 13th March 2010, 13:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Ghost and the Phantom have the same amount of gadgets on board it just depends on your budget. The Ghost is a few inches smaller than the Phantom but the curvy lines do the trick, much better as a self driver car.
I have read in reviews that the Ghost has more gadgets on board. Most impressive are the driver assistance features that provide a circle of safety around the car: night vision and active cruise control looking far down the road; a top view camera system using cameras front, rear, and side (photo above showing the camera view, left, and a sonar view, right) helpful for parking in tight spaces; peek-around-the-corner cameras that help when you're pulling out of space where vision is limited; lane departure warning (LDW); and front and rear parking sonar.You can have active massage seats, the audio system includes a hard disk to store music files, and the active rear suspension banks the car slightly during cornering much as a plane does.
Old 13th March 2010, 13:41   #25
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post

1)This is a customer car headed or must I say should reach Chennai today. It was the first Ghost delivered by Navnit, pics were clicked on wednesday, Delhi dealer has delivered 4 already.

5) 4 more Ghosts arriving in the coming week, 2 will be for Mumbai!
Delhi already has 4 Ghosts.
That is some news. I would definitely prefer a Ghost over the Phantom, even though the Phantom is grand and majestic. IMO the Ghost has more character and appeal than the Phantom. Anyway, both are the epitome of luxury and sheer class.
Old 13th March 2010, 16:03   #26
BHPian

It does look much slicker than Phantom. But whats with the interiors? I found the chrome to be too shiny. Doesnt look that classy to me. Or maybe its because of the low light in the pics.
Old 13th March 2010, 16:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

looks gorgeous but, does it deserve the premium over the 760??
very much similar to the Gallardo which is nothing but an R8 with some Italian clothes on.
If it had to be a rolls then definitely the phantom over this.
Old 13th March 2010, 20:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post

how do u know when these pics were clicked...??
Old 14th March 2010, 00:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
looks gorgeous but, does it deserve the premium over the 760??
very much similar to the Gallardo which is nothing but an R8 with some Italian clothes on.
That's like saying why buy an ///M3 when a 335 can provide the same level of fun. Why do people buy Lexus', Infinitis and Acuras? Their lesser counterparts provide 95% of the luxury features at half the price, sometimes even less.

Plus, there's a world of difference between an R8 and Gallardo, especially in its LP560 guise. Sure they share a lot of mechanicals but the difference is in the details - it's like comparing a good champagne with a Dom Perignon. The Gallardo looks majestic, the R8 looks like an overgrown titty (TT).
Old 14th March 2010, 08:40   #30
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
That's like saying why buy an ///M3 when a 335 can provide the same level of fun. Why do people buy Lexus', Infinitis and Acuras? Their lesser counterparts provide 95% of the luxury features at half the price, sometimes even less.

Plus, there's a world of difference between an R8 and Gallardo, especially in its LP560 guise. Sure they share a lot of mechanicals but the difference is in the details - it's like comparing a good champagne with a Dom Perignon. The Gallardo looks majestic, the R8 looks like an overgrown titty (TT).
Very true. There's no comparison between a Gallardo and a R8. The Gallardo is way ahead of the R8 and is simply a visual treat, which the R8 fails to match even though they share the underpinnings.

Most Viewed