Team-BHP - Pics: Nissan gifts Narain Karthikeyan a GT-R
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Nissan gifts Narain Karthikeyan a GT-R (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/79700-pics-nissan-gifts-narain-karthikeyan-gt-r.html)

Pics of the Nissan GTR which was gifted to Narain by Nissan India. It sure does look hot in that colour :)

Pics: Nissan gifts Narain Karthikeyan a GT-R-gtr1.jpg

Pics: Nissan gifts Narain Karthikeyan a GT-R-gtr2.jpg

Pics: Nissan gifts Narain Karthikeyan a GT-R-gtr3.jpg

From the Press Release:

Quote:

Nissan hands over GT-R Supercar to Padmashri Narain Karthikeyan

Chennai, April 15, 2010:Mr. Kiminobu Tokuyama, CEO & Managing Director of Nissan Motor India Private Ltd, today handed over the key of Nissan GT-R - the ultimate in supercars – to Padmashri Narain Karthikeyan, the fastest Indian on wheels at a ceremony held at Madras Motor Sports Club, Irrungattukottai near Chennai.

Narain Karthikeyan, an ardent and self-proclaimed fan of performance cars - especially the Nissan GT-R, also drove the supercar on the test track for some hot laps providing a visual treat of the power of this ultimate multi-performance supercar.

Mr. Abhijeet Pandit, Vice President (Operations), Hover Automotive India and other Nissan officials were also present during this occasion.
To see pictures of other GTR's in India click here

Cool.....but whats the reason behind this? Is NK racing for nissan or something?

Shan2nu

Car looks great! What's the purpose of this PR exercise?

This might have been the payment for the public appearance and demo drives put in by Narain for the 370Z launch.

Whatever it is, the car does look hot! Congrats to Narain Karthikeyan

That is nice. I wonder would he have to pay the import duty ?? Like the controversy when a Ferrari was gifted to Sachin Tendulkar ?

Or maybe Nissan will start selling GTR's in India after the 370Z

Well good for Narain !!

Cheers

That's one cool gift. We may see him in MICRA adv soon :-))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 (Post 1840968)
That is nice. I wonder would he have to pay the import duty ?? Like the controversy when a Ferrari was gifted to Sachin Tendulkar ?

lol: I saw Sachin's Ferrari on marine drive last night, I think the car has been sold now. Personally, if I got a car completely FREE as a gift from Fiat and as a gift by the Indian Govt (by excluding the duty) I would feel guilty to sell it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1841007)
lol: I saw Sachin's Ferrari on marine drive last night, I think the car has been sold now. Personally, if I got a car completely FREE as a gift from Fiat and as a gift by the Indian Govt (by excluding the duty) I would feel guilty to sell it.

Sahil the car has been sold for almost a year now to someone i know. As far as i know the Ferrari was a purchase which was being shown as a gift and the Duty was paid on it, Although not full but some amount. Feel guilty no chance its free money as nothing went from your pocket if the car was free. Its like being paid to own and drive a car brother.

1.cr car for plugging a 60.Lac car ! Phew, Some deal. Any Idea what was NK's previous drives ? Anything this exotic ? I heard he was stuck with a Safari Dicor(again given/gifted by Tata Racing?).

60 lakhs?? scorch if you are referring to the GT-R, i guess it costs way below that(i.e w/o all those duties taxes etc)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bivin (Post 1841069)
60 lakhs?? scorch if you are referring to the GT-R, i guess it costs way below that(i.e w/o all those duties taxes etc)

I guess scorcher was referring to the NIssan 370 which actually costs a bot more.
I saw NK last saturday on his GTR , managed a very bad picture of the back alone. Dont want to post it.
He would have got it as a gift for promoting the 370z , if its a gift then no taxes also. Better.
Lucky dude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bivin (Post 1841069)

Yes, I meant the 370Z. In simple words, "1.cr car for endorsing a 60.Lac car?" Got the point ?

@arjun - Gifted car means No tax or Relaxed/Lesser taxes ?

sorry buddy my bad!! my eyes are giving up on me already!! signs of aging you see!!
stupid:

Sure as hell he'd have a tough time if the car ever faces up to Gurgaon speedbreakers :)