Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 12:03   #3586
BHPian

The 'only' 'ultimate' supercar legally and officially available I can think of is the Murci,which is easy to get when you have the money and has none of those 'LHD' and 'govt' hassles!
Old 4th December 2008, 14:45   #3587
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am dead sure that when he says 'ultimate supercar' he means 'Bugatti Veyron'.
Period
Old 4th December 2008, 14:48   #3588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Guys, I am dead sure that when he says 'ultimate supercar' he means 'Bugatti Veyron'.
Period

I am sure of that too! I guess it'll be here only for a short time due to the LHD restrictions , but we'll enjoy every minute of the car's presence.
Old 4th December 2008, 14:59   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I am sure of that too! I guess it'll be here only for a short time due to the LHD restrictions , but we'll enjoy every minute of the car's presence.
i too thought it was the veyron, but why would someone bring it in for a short time - i was hoping for something we can keep getting snaps of every now and then cheers:
Old 4th December 2008, 15:04   #3590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i too thought it was the veyron, but why would someone bring it in for a short time - i was hoping for something we can keep getting snaps of every now and then cheers:
The veyron can't be for keeps here due to the restrictions , unless they are by passed. I guess one could bring it just to 'have fun' on the roads here and surpass all the exotics in the state!

If it is for keeps, then the Zonda as it is made in RHD.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:10   #3591
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Depends in what context we are using the word "Ultimate Supercar" here. To me, in India, even the Ferrari 430 is the "Ultmate Supercar".

To some it could be the Veyron or the Zonda or the Koenigsegg CC8 or for that matter any supercar which is not yet there in India.

Manish, would request you to spill the beans only when the news is 100% true cos we have had lots of posts / rumours on the Veyron. Thanks and all the best.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:37   #3592
Senior - BHPian

I will post all the details once I get a pic of the car.
Until then I'm helpless !
sorry guys !
Old 4th December 2008, 20:07   #3593
BHPian

so much is happening in the 3 days i have been off the net !!!
so finally something greater than a F430 huh ???
ultimate supercar could also be Gumpert Apollo

Last edited by adityabenz : 4th December 2008 at 20:25. Reason: too much information
Old 4th December 2008, 21:41   #3594

Can it be the SSC Aero by Shelby ??

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th December 2008 at 16:06. Reason: Please dont type your entire post in italicized text. Thanks.
Old 4th December 2008, 22:02   #3595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
There is only one ultimate supercar: the McLaren F1
Thats what the British press and people say. Everyone else has forgotten about it long ago. My guess is Enzo.
Old 4th December 2008, 22:43   #3596
Senior - BHPian

I'm with ecks on this. In all probabilities it is a Zonda. Its RHD and can be brought in straight enough. I'm doubtful about the Veyron thingy though. I wish it was true really.

However just something for you boys to think over. There IS one and only one Veyron in India. I know where it is. I cannot say more. The owner is not a well known person all. And no I'm not talking about 1:18. That's for the Scale Model thread.

Last edited by Dippy : 4th December 2008 at 22:45.
Old 4th December 2008, 23:29   #3597
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I too was thinking of the Gumpert, but the car is too powerful and not worth the money which other Italian cars more equipped.
Zonda could be the next closest import. Had heard that someone was supposed to import it to Mumbai too.
There has been a lot of talks on the Veyron. Even I have confirmed news on the only Veyron being in Mumbai, but am refraining from posting more details since everyone will doubt the existence of this car without pics.

Other cars I can think of - Enzo, Carrera GT, Zonda, Koenigsegg, Saleen S7, McLaren SLR,
Old 5th December 2008, 00:16   #3598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I'm with ecks on this. In all probabilities it is a Zonda. Its RHD and can be brought in straight enough. I'm doubtful about the Veyron thingy though. I wish it was true really.

However just something for you boys to think over. There IS one and only one Veyron in India. I know where it is. I cannot say more. The owner is not a well known person all. And no I'm not talking about 1:18. That's for the Scale Model thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I too was thinking of the Gumpert, but the car is too powerful and not worth the money which other Italian cars more equipped.
Zonda could be the next closest import. Had heard that someone was supposed to import it to Mumbai too.
There has been a lot of talks on the Veyron. Even I have confirmed news on the only Veyron being in Mumbai, but am refraining from posting more details since everyone will doubt the existence of this car without pics.

Other cars I can think of - Enzo, Carrera GT, Zonda, Koenigsegg, Saleen S7, McLaren SLR,

We know that the Veyron can be imported but only for a few months at max or more if one by passes the law.

As for 'confirmed news' and 'rumors' , I too had received news from fellow bhp - ians of the 'one and only' Veyron in India owned by a famous person who happens to own the Scuderia as well. Or so I am told.

So till some one gets pictures of these '3' Veyrons that we seem to only hear 'confirmed' news about , best to end speculation here on wards.
Old 5th December 2008, 00:47   #3599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And I remember, someone had said in this very thread that a Zonda was gonna come to Bengaluru.
Old 5th December 2008, 01:19   #3600
Senior - BHPian

It's landed, alright. Now it's just a question of sitting around, camera in hand. I suspect the first photographs should be online this weekend. Boy, oh boy, Manish, you're really going to wet your pants with this one!

Quote:
That's not fair! How about a picture or atleast a clue on the location?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks