Team-BHP - Mumbai Supercar Show on 23rd, Jan 2011. Route Map, Supercars List and more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Mumbai Supercar Show on 23rd, Jan 2011. Route Map, Supercars List and more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/94742-mumbai-supercar-show-23rd-jan-2011-route-map-supercars-list-more-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2201972)
are there normal passes as well as VIP passes for the event and what are the benefits of VIP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by salman_ferrari (Post 2202098)
Guys where to get passes from, for the event?

No passes & the like. You can view the cars at the start / finish (albeit they will be barricaded off so you won't be able to get too close), and then catch a good spot on the road. For the latter, I'd pick a spot on Marine Drive, Worli Sea Face or the highway. Believe me, some of these supercar owners are more than willing to revv on the open road :D

There will also be a couple of "regrouping" points which will be shared when we are closer to the event dates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2202193)
No passes & the like. You can view the cars at the start / finish (albeit they will be barricaded off so you won't be able to get too close), and then catch a good spot on the road. For the latter, I'd pick a spot on Marine Drive, Worli Sea Face or the highway. Believe me, some of these supercar owners are more than willing to revv on the open road :D

There will also be a couple of "regrouping" points which will be shared when we are closer to the event dates.

Adding to the above one of best places to see the cars flying past would be Bandra Reclaimation. This is one spot where they blast off after the Sealink Toll booth at the Bandra end.

Isn't there a Chevy Corvette C6 in Mumbai.

I think the 'surprise supercar' has to the 458 italia .

Quoting GTO-
"There were about 60 Supercars in the 2010 edition; this year, expect more. Here is a sneak peak at some of the cars that will be participating:
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 599
Ferrari 348
Mercedes SLS AMG. And some other AMGs
Lamborghini Gallardo (Multiple)
Lamborghini LP 560
Lamborghini LP 640
Ariel Atom
Nissan GT-R
Porsche (Multiple including 911 Turbos)
Jaguars (including the 512 BHP XF-R)
Maserati GTS
Audi R8 (Multiple)
BMW M3s & M5s (Multiple)
Bentley (Multiple)
And, a surprise Supercar!"

The only hardcore italian supercar which is not in the list is the 458 .
If it is NOT so then please let us know . Dont tell me that till 23rd the name of the car wont be revealed . The guessing game can go on like forever . :D

From the grapevine , I just heard that the start venue has been moved. Don't know where yet ?

I am sure that these guys will rip at the sea link
Will be a great place to watch clap:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where to find the passes (VIP) for the event? Also for the speedway drag race event on 22nd and 23rd. Please let me know the details.

Regards,
Sandy

Is the surprise, the one in the new thread? Black H1?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownsatan (Post 2203289)
Is the surprise, the one in the new thread? Black H1?

Not a Supercar, Let alone more Italian that a Fezza, it's not Italian at all. Never!!

If the H1 does make it to the show, it'd be a sight to see that thing keeping up with the other cars. Unless the H1 is piloting the flock, then no one can overtake :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2203387)
Not a Supercar, Let alone more Italian that a Fezza, it's not Italian at all. Never!!

If the H1 does make it to the show, it'd be a sight to see that thing keeping up with the other cars. Unless the H1 is piloting the flock, then no one can overtake :D

Not a supercar but if H2 can be considered to be in the club then...
Did anyone mention it is an Italian?
Also GTO mentioned its a surprise and Speedy mentioned its the only one in India as of now and it will be a treat to the eyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownsatan (Post 2203530)
Not a supercar but if H2 can be considered to be in the club then...
Did anyone mention it is an Italian?

Yes actually the defination of a super car is varied out here. Even though not officially entered, I have seen supercharged Range Rovers etc as part of the convoy. Also Cayman, Boxters, SLK350s, Z4s etc also form part of the display. These are sports cars and not super cars.

Even if the H1 just drives along with the pack I'm sure it will grab eyeballs for its sheer size and it will tower above all of the cars. Street presence and how !!! Its not fast but none of the cars really get to go flat out other than maybe a few spurts of acceleration now and then.

could even be the DBS. Only one in the country.

recently saw a black aston martin (couldnt make out which one it was since it was dark and the guards blocked the road along with the view):Frustrati going inside a bandra hill road building with a convoy of range rovers and a rolls royce. could it be the one?

Gto, just spoke to a very good friend. he wants to participate/enter too. He's got a jaguar xf. Hope it fits the bill and hoping it's not too late.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhijeetveer (Post 2204284)
Gto, just spoke to a very good friend. he wants to participate/enter too. He's got a jaguar xf. Hope it fits the bill and hoping it's not too late.

I dont think a stock XF will be allowed to participate. However it can get in there if it is an XFR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 2204495)
I dont think a stock XF will be allowed to participate. However it can get in there if it is an XFR

Ouch! We were already gearing up for the big day. :Frustrati