Team-BHP - Mumbai Supercar Show on 23rd, Jan 2011. Route Map, Supercars List and more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Mumbai Supercar Show on 23rd, Jan 2011. Route Map, Supercars List and more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/94742-mumbai-supercar-show-23rd-jan-2011-route-map-supercars-list-more-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayR (Post 2203672)
could even be the DBS. Only one in the country.

I doubt the DBS would be there . Haven't even seen it at any cannonball meets . So that DBS is BIG questionmark .

Isn't xf 400+ bhp? I read somewhere that above 400 bhp is one of the category. What are the categories for membership anyway? Pls help

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhijeetveer (Post 2204541)
Isn't xf 400+ bhp? I read somewhere that above 400 bhp is one of the category. What are the categories for membership anyway? Pls help

The NA XF is 380 bhp. but it is not classified as a supercar. The XFR on the other hand is a supercharged version of the same 5.0 V8 but put out 510 bhp. XFR's are allowed. We had entered one last year

@abhijeetveer,

In addition to what Dippy said, note that "joining the club" and "participating in the drive" are two separate things.

Yes, all participants in the drive have to be SCC club members - but not even all (existing) SCC club members get to participate in the drive, as far as i know.

Its a limited selection of cars being shown during the drive, for more variety and uniqueness.

cya
R

PS - What exactly the requirements for joining the SCC are, and what the benefits are = still very unclear!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 2204558)
The NA XF is 380 bhp. but it is not classified as a supercar. The XFR on the other hand is a supercharged version of the same 5.0 V8 but put out 510 bhp. XFR's are allowed. We had entered one last year

You think the would allow a Range Rover Supercharged to participate?

>>>

Digressing somewhat from the real thing, may I propose that all supercar fans who wish to be on the Bandra Reclamation or near abouts, lunch together somewhere in Bandra afterward? In Barbeque Nation perhaps?

Fans who are further away equally welcome to join in and share stories.

I will station myself on the Reclamation at about 11 am to watch and hopefully shoot some of the supercars as they wing past.

Some of us have responded positively to the idea of lunch.

Please add to the list below :

1. issigonis

*Update*

Change in the start / finish spot, as well as the route. Opening post updated. Main changes are:

Quote:

VENUE: Parking lot near Vidhan Bhavan (Behind Inox, Nariman Point)
Quote:

ROUTE: Vidhan Bhavan -> Marine Drive -> Walkeshwar -> Teen Batti -> Napean Sea Road -> Breach Candy -> Haji Ali -> Worli Sea Face -> Sea Link -> Regroup after the toll -> Western Express Highway -> U Turn under the Santacruz Airport / Sahara Star flyover -> Back on the WE Highway -> Mahim, St. Michaels Church -> Cadell Road -> Siddhi Vinayak Temple -> Century Bazaar -> Worli Naka -> Atria Mall -> Peddar Road -> Babulnath -> Marine Drive -> Vidhan Bhavan. Cars should return at about lunch time.

ok so it seems like the same venue as last year. Any idea where we would park our humble cars?

@ragingbull

if the venue is the same like that of last year then i suppose there was pay and park lot present near vidhan bhavan.

guys,

the final venue for the event is Vigyan Bhawan. Same venue as last time. cars will start assembling there by 8.15 am. and the run is expected to start at 10 am.

looking forward to it

Sorry to dissapoint you guys but the surprise i mentioned would not be participating in the event.

So, Speedy, could you tell us now then, what the car is? Since it is not participating anyway. ( If that's ok with you.)

@speedy: Now can you tell us what the surprise would have been? Please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karthik-zza (Post 2212727)
So, Speedy, could you tell us now then, what the car is? Since it is not participating anyway. ( If that's ok with you.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamik.bose (Post 2212728)
@speedy: Now can you tell us what the surprise would have been? Please?

Sorry guys cannot do that as the owner likes keeping the cars for his pleasure and not make a public display of them. This is the reason the car is not coming for the event. If the car is spotted somewhere and a picture is taken it is a different issue.

Hi,

Some interesting last year SCC event 2010 pics
Hope this year 's event will be more bigger and grander & ya, more fun

Rgds,
M