Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 11:23   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Ninja 650r, Bajaj releases teasers!

Wow, that's a knockout price which Hyosung bikes wouldnt be able to match considering the brand image. Also an ideal fillup for guys stepping up from 250 CC to the liter class, happy that Indian Market will have a proper step up plans. A few more of products from Yamaha & Honda around the 250 & 600 CC lineage will be very interesting to watch.
Old 7th June 2011, 16:42   #62
BHPian

Guys.

Just got a call from Probiking, the bookings open tommorrow, the booking amount is Rs. 50,000/- and the delivery time is 90 days. The waiting period is disappointing.

Keeping ma finger crossed, will go there tomorrow and then update.
Speed-Freak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 17:01   #63

The power output is around 75bhp according to a little birdie that came and chirped into my ears...
Old 7th June 2011, 17:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

Other reviews already published indicate a power output of 72ps. And this is kind of similar to what it puts out in international markets as well.

I understand that the power is available through the rev range and that should be a boon for touring enthusiasts.
Old 7th June 2011, 18:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Bajaj Pro Biking Blore few hours back and the Ninja 650R will be officially launched tomorrow as scheduled.

The manager confirmed that bookings will be accepted from tomorrow. Booking amount is 50k IIRC.

Bikes will be on display in a week and prices will be officially announced tomorrow. The PBK outlets are not revealing the prices but upon coaxing i was told it will be around 5-6L on road in Blore. I still think the speculated prices (4.5L ex-showroom) are going to be true and the bajaj folks are not confirming the price now just to keep the mystery and surprise alive.

Waiting time for delivery is pegged at 90 days and only black and green will be available. No test rides at the moment.

There might be test rides in the future when the demand increases (just as they did with the 250R).
Old 7th June 2011, 19:47   #66
BHPian

at 4.5L its priced really well , perhaps Hyosung might have to rethink pricing their GT650R
Old 7th June 2011, 20:14   #67
BHPian

Wow..4.5L reasonable...!!
This is beyond a sticker shock for me - I must say, California is a dreamland for bike and car lovers. I paid less than that for my 2000 Ducati 996 SPS. Just a data point I wanted to share to highlight how exhorbitant import models are in India [and other parts of the world]

Now does this deserve the ninja branding? No. For the same reason a SV650 does not deserve the GSXR branding. This is not to say it is better or worse. The SV 650 has emerged as a affordable and effective track weapon. The guy who sold me his SPS used to race an SV650 and his lap times on that bike was unbelievable [with a lot of mods however.] Wonder if the 650R would emerge as a competitor to the SV.

Krishna
Old 7th June 2011, 21:13   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Since we're a country of touring, would the 650 make a good and affordable tourer - AND give you the little track day oomph when you want it?
Old 7th June 2011, 22:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Exactly Ksanjee! We call ourselves a poor country and then all of unanimously agree that 4.5 lakhs is a very very good price for the 650R.the price you'd get a brand new busa abroad.People on forums abroad were shocked when i told them my bike had cost me over 24000$ back in '05.Its really funny how these stupid rules imposed by the govt are manipulating our judgements.

About the Ninja tag well it was a marketing gimmick by the american marketing division of kawasaki.Nothing more.Earlier the GPZ motorbikes were also called ninjas and they were pretty docile and non super/hyper sports bike like.So we cannot just say that this does not deserve the ninja tag.It is nothing but a marketing gimmick.Even on the ZX10R it is a marketing gimmick.
What really sets apart is just like you gave the GSXR example.It is ZX for kawasaki.Yes the 650R does not deserve the ZX tag because this is not an out and out track oriented sportbike.

But it is a very well sorted and capable bike for riders of all types and this infact should be the ticket out for the guys/girls who actually want to ride long distances on a respectably fast bike and that too with quite a good amount of comfort.This is just not possible on other super/supersport bikes leaving aside some supermen who are exceptionally fit.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 22:06   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Since we're a country of touring, would the 650 make a good and affordable tourer - AND give you the little track day oomph when you want it?
Yes, yes and yes. If it comes with that price tag that is.

Its no Ninja though. I got to ride one, even before there was any faint idea of it getting here.
Old 8th June 2011, 01:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Is it worthy of the Ninja tag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Its no Ninja though. I got to ride one, even before there was any faint idea of it getting here.
That was back in the 80s when Ninja stood for ultimate performance.
Now they call the little 250 a Ninja. This one has double the power and thrice the accleration.

Their flagship, the supersport bikes are called ZX-xx-R.
Old 8th June 2011, 02:31   #72
Team-BHP Support

The pricing seems to be very good. So there is no point in taking the pain of getting my bike from USA to India, I will end up paying more. I dont see any difference between my 2009 650 and the 2011 model, at least cosmetically there seems to be no change.
Old 8th June 2011, 03:53   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post
Wow..4.5L reasonable...!!
This is beyond a sticker shock for me - I must say, California is a dreamland for bike and car lovers. I paid less than that for my 2000 Ducati 996 SPS. Just a data point I wanted to share to highlight how exhorbitant import models are in India [and other parts of the world]
Its all relative. A $7200 + destination charges, and assembly = 3.5L, some dealers i Calif. may take it all the way up to 4L. I would be very happy if they really mange to pull off a 4.5L price tag on this bike. Ninja tag worthy or not, its a well rounded bike.

Speaking for myself and perhaps other mid aged adults who can afford 4.5L on a bike, it cannot be completely sporty, the beer belly comes in the way. It has to be a little upright and comfortable, with the chance for an occasional spirited ride. I think this is an excellent choice by Bajaj.
Old 8th June 2011, 09:43   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
That was back in the 80s when Ninja stood for ultimate performance.
That's what I was trying to say too.

Having ridden one of those iconic Ninja bikes the feeling of your family jewels going inwards at the 6-7k rpm is something I will never forget. I was shaking like a leaf the whole day after that.

Krishna says it well here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanjee View Post
Now does this deserve the ninja branding? No. For the same reason a SV650 does not deserve the GSXR branding. This is not to say it is better or worse.
Old 8th June 2011, 11:01   #75
BHPian

The Pune PBK showroom(next to Ruby Hall) already has the Green N650 on display. Saw one today morning while coming to office!

Pune guys can check out the bike in flesh
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks