Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2012, 08:54   #1
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Aadya Motors- New Ducati dealer in Bangalore. And on Ducati's shoddy affairs in India

I got the below mail from the guy who was part of the old dealership.

Quote:
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Greetings from Ducati Bangalore! We are glad to inform that Aadya Motors is the new dealer for Ducati motorcycles in Bangalore. Please feel free to call or write to us for any clarification or assistance. Also, for your information, we have attached the current On Road prices for Ducati motorcycles in Bangalore. For Sales or Service enquiries, please call Nikhil on +91-94808-39003 or mail us at ducatisales@aadyamail.com. We consider it a privilege to be of service to you and look forward to a long lasting relationship.

Warm Regards,
Aadya Motors
Ebony Automobiles Pvt. Ltd.
No. 9, Bel Air Drive, Bellary Road,
Ganga Nagar, Bangalore – 560 032
Ph: +91-94808-39003
While the Bangaloreans now have an interface, am not sure if this will improve the overall situation and transform the already tarnished image. The crux of the problem lies in Mumbai, hope that gets sorted out soon.

As a part of the mail, also received the on road price list.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf On_Road_Pricelist.pdf (350.2 KB, 6122 views)

Last edited by ajmat : 1st May 2012 at 11:18.
JVH is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 09:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Aadya Motors - New Ducati dealer in Bangalore

This is good news indeed...!

What needs to be seen is how Ducati addresses the tarnished image in India and also put in place a long term solution to (1) availability of spares, (2) exorbitant service costs, (3) exorbitant cost of spares and most importantly (4) living up to commitments - I am refering to the deliveries that are long over due.

I, for one, is hooked on to Ducati with 795 in mind, but has been holding back (and even considering an HD Iron 883) due to the horror stores floating around..!
alabjarus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 07:43   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
The crux of the problem lies in Mumbai, hope that gets sorted out soon.
@JVH,

Thanks for posting the info.

Ducati India is in dire straits, and to be precise, the problem is not geographically out of Mumbai anymore.

Ducati Italy, in its (un)wisdom, chose to let Shreyans/Precision/Ashish Chordia, the official importers to also run Ducati India, with Mr. AC as CEO. And they are now based out of Delhi. Mumbai just happens to be also owned by the same group.

So, here is the scenario: The Importer/Distributor/Company representative, and one of the dealers is the same person. So, every time any of his other dealer almost makes a deal, he gets his Mumbai dealer to go behind their back to try and get the sale. They use tactics such as:"we are the official importer, so we get the bikes first, etc, etc." Why? Because the dealer+importer margin is better than just importer margin. How much? All the big bikes in the 15L + region is a cool Rs. 5L for importer, and Rs. 5L for dealer. That's right, Rs. 10L margin on every bike. Also the reason for lack of supplying their customs clearance certificate (Bill of Entry) to customers causing registration difficulties for customers all over.

Unsuspecting dealers have been caught in this Shreyan web, and have tarnished their personal reputation due to this. Ducati India have been misleading their dealers and customers on delivery dates, and have taken monies from their dealers as well for 2012 bikes that have been sitting in a Customs yard in ICD TKD for more than three months now. Mr. AC has not come around to clear the bikes yet. Been holidaying abroad mostly, I heard. Customers and dealers have a lot of money tied up with him.

Ducati Italy, legendary for making great bikes yet such poor administration that they have been in the red (both bikes and books) for better part of their history. Their ego is not allowing them to correct this AC blunder.

I hope there is a light at the end of this tunnel, and some signs have started to appear. Porsche has decided to make VAG it's official importer, taking it from Shreyans. Good sign. Audi has bought Ducati, and Audi has prior bad history with Mr. AC. Good sign.

The bikes deserve better.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 07:52   #4
BHPian

Its good to know that Ducati has made its presence in Bangalore. But i really wonder whether Aadya Motors will really meet up to the expectation of quality service. Because i am one of those people who know about Aadya motors very well.
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:50   #5
Team-BHP Support

What i heard was the Bangalore dealer had mining interests, he took advances and vanished. AC appoints dealers who will jump to his tune according to his unfavourable terms. The Porsche dealership was to be taken by a large Bangalore dealership group but the terms were dire so they backed out
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:00   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
What i heard was the Bangalore dealer had mining interests, he took advances and vanished. AC appoints dealers who will jump to his tune according to his unfavourable terms.
It was not as simple as that. Yes, the previous Bangalore dealer had some issues related to mining, and some freezing of his accounts. Rather than stand by his dealer, or his customers, AC chose to cut him off and left the customers to fend for themselves. When you see the figures in the scope of Shreyans overall group, refunding a few Bangalore booked customers should have been peanuts. But he chose to let the Ducati name erode for a few measly bucks, while the previous owner struggled with legal issues, which BTW, have been cleared now, I heard.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:11   #7
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post

Ducati India is in dire straits, and to be precise, the problem is not geographically out of Mumbai anymore.

------
Ride Safe.
Thanks for the details gthang. I was refering to AC himself when I pointed out Mumbai but was unaware that they shifted base to New Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
What i heard was the Bangalore dealer had mining interests, he took advances and vanished. AC appoints dealers who will jump to his tune according to his unfavourable terms. The Porsche dealership was to be taken by a large Bangalore dealership group but the terms were dire so they backed out
I think the dealer's mining link was an easy excuse to blame him for what customers had to go through. But like gthang pointed out the whole strategy was erroneous and was based on short term quick money minting.
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully the nightmares end. I've seen quite a few Duc's (monsters, 848s) running around with TR's for almost a year now. Sadly they could not register the bikes permanently due to the absence of the dealer and the missing Form 20 which is mandatory for registration at the RTO.

I hope Aadya Motors is able to extend support to existing Ducatista's without breaking a sweat. That will define the comeback of Ducati for prospective buyers, at least in Blore.
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:17   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Aadya Motors- New Ducati dealer in Bangalore. And on Ducati's shoddy affairs in I

It appears that the Shreyans group is a short-term player. Cash in as much as possible in the shorter term, and then move on to the next luxury brand. Their Mumbai Audi dealership had the reputation of a devil, and significantly dented Audi's brand image in the city. Porsche customers have always been a frustrated lot in India, good that the parent company has taken up the responsibility of imports now.

Audi & Porsche down. Ducati next? I sincerely wish luxury brands exercise more caution before choosing their representatives in India. It's VERY hard to rebuild your reputation.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2012 at 13:18.
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:55   #10
BANNED

Re: Aadya Motors- New Ducati dealer in Bangalore. And on Ducati's shoddy affairs in I

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I've seen quite a few Duc's (monsters, 848s) running around with TR's for almost a year now.

I hope Aadya Motors is able to extend support to existing Ducatista's without breaking a sweat.
You have to realize that most states TR is not valid more than 2-3 months. So riding on temp, you jeopardize yourself in more ways than one.

More than one Ducatista becomes Ducatisti

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's VERY hard to rebuild your reputation.
True. But sadly the way things have been going in India, reputation does not seem to have the same meaning as it once did.

The 795 has great potential in India, and is an opportunity for many to experience the Desmodromic. I sincerely hope they can revamp their setup.

Wish Shreyans stayed with perfumes and ladies handbags, and did not get into the Automotive field.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:20   #11
BANNED

I am wondering that is it a case of two cultures each more shoddy than the other trying to tango! The Italians have even more of a 'chalta hai' attitude than us. So only the poor buyer gets into a mess.
Old 4th May 2012, 13:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jay, Finally your motorcycle can get its regular share of service and hopefully they are able to source the relevant spares at right figures.
Old 23rd May 2012, 15:53   #13
BHPian

Did anyone try contacting people at the posted contact points ? No one answers this mobile and a request for info on the email has also not yielded any response for more than a week. Are these guys for real ?
Old 24th May 2012, 08:36   #14
BANNED

For anyone interested to know:

90 odd bikes have finally cleared customs on the 18th in Delhi after sitting for 3 months in a bonded warehouse.

Unfortunately for the majority who have been waiting, this was the Italian consignment, and therefore no 795's.

The 795's have not even left Thailand yet. They have been claiming deliveries in June, but it's just an excuse to buy more breathing room.

A whole bunch of 848 Evo's and Diavel Carbons have arrived with a few(10?) 796 monsters, 4-5 Hypermotards, 2-3 Streetfighter, and 1 Multistrada.

Dunno who made the list for Ducati, but he sure was an optimist. Good luck to them trying to push 25 numbers of 848 Evos which retails for 14.9L ex-Delhi.

I think at this point all dealers are scared to answer calls or take bookings because Ducati India has been hiding in their offices last two weeks till they got the bikes cleared. Now that it has happened, there should be some activity.

Cheers.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 20:23   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
For anyone interested to know:

I think at this point all dealers are scared to answer calls or take bookings because Ducati India has been hiding in their offices last two weeks till they got the bikes cleared. Now that it has happened, there should be some activity.

Cheers.
Bingo ! The phone was indeed answered this time. The 795s are expected to be available in July and they are taking bookings (1lakh booking amount). The showroom is not yet setup and will apparently be done in a month's time or so. They are not really committing to July dates and asked me to check towards mid-June for a more surer date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks