Team-BHP - The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/126273-green-assassin-my-2012-kawasaki-ninja-650-a-10.html)

So last week, the Philips HID went onto the low beam while the high beam got the Xtreme Vision halogen. Great great improvement in night riding. Just wish I had the cash to buy a set of Morimoto projectors. Still a splendid job done by the guys at Auto Service, Bangalore. Getting LED pilot lamps to go on next to match the HIDs white colour.

This Sunday went out for a 200 odd km breakfast ride with fellow Ninja 650 owners. Two 2011 models and three 2012 models including mine accompanied by a Busa. Opened her up briefly till 6k rpm to touch 120 odd kmph. Boy oh boy! Can she fly ! cruised constantly at 90-100 kmph and she is super comfortable on the highway. Sure shot Ironbutt candidate. I came back home as fresh as a daisy.

She is a little heavy to turn-in during corners but once in, shes super stable. The vibes do indeed smoothen out post 5k rpm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbp (Post 2932911)
I still cannot believe that the 250 brakes are so good. The stability under braking on the 250 is some thing to be experienced, on the other hand the 650's brakes just dont have any feel at all

I agree. Brakes are its weakest point. Im planning to switch to EBC pads soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinyaar (Post 2933475)

1) Is it OK to bring your own oil and coolant or do we HAVE to put the Veedol 10 W 40 that Bajaj uses in this Kawasaki? Would PBK have a problem with this?
2) Would PBK instsall things like stuff like sliders, bar end weights etc etc or does one get stuff done elsewhere?

The PBK service here (Auto Service) uses Motul full synthetic for all Ninjas. So I dont have to worry about fetching my own.
All my accessories were installed by the AS guys only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Zappa (Post 2933994)
The Rand G frame sliders should be a DIY affair .

I wouldnt recommend opening and refitting that fairing at home. Its a royal pain putting it back into place. Specially the portion that goes and merges with the black instrument console plastic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2935617)
So last week, the Philips HID went onto the low beam while the high beam got the Xtreme Vision halogen. Great great improvement in night riding. Just wish I had the cash to buy a set of Morimoto projectors. Still a splendid job done by the guys at Auto Service, Bangalore. Getting LED pilot lamps to go on next to match the HIDs white colour.

Do you know anyone who can install the projectors, as this involves opening the reflector, etc. A colleague of mine is leaving to US, I am planning to order a set.

Eagerly looking forward to your EBC disc pad update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbp (Post 2935651)
Do you know anyone who can install the projectors, as this involves opening the reflector, etc. A colleague of mine is leaving to US, I am planning to order a set.

Eagerly looking forward to your EBC disc pad update.

The guys at Auto Service have already done it for a few N650s. Go to them.

Bought the zero gravity Double bubble windscreen

Came in fantastic packing from the PRS guys.

The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650-img_20121019_201239.jpg

The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650-img_20121019_201518.jpg

The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650-img_20121019_201703.jpg

Hi
RBP: Clear Harri's tank pad, R&G sliders & zero Gravity double bubble means your bike will be identical to mine!!!!

The only downside that I have experienced in the 20 days with this machine is the lack of feel / bite in the brakes. I had read about it in the reviews (both Indian & international) but honestly Kawasaki has to address this. I know ABS is an option in the 2013 bike & Bajaj MUST offer it here asap along with the other two colour options.
I run Indian oils Xtra premium fuel which is 91 octane & the bike seems happy. Has anyone got any experiences with 97 octane on the Ninja?
Most of the 650s I have seen have a clicking sound coming from the valves & one hears it most clearly when u start a cold machine. I believe Motul 300V 10W 40 helps big time. Factory fill is NOT SYNTHETIC as mentioned on the other Ninja 650 thread in fact its Veedol which is a Semi synthetic.

Maybe I will do some research & speak to a few bikers & replace brake pads and/ or brake lines. You need some bite in the front to feel confident.

Rgds

ABS wont improve the feel or bite of the brakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinyaar (Post 2938719)
Maybe I will do some research & speak to a few bikers & replace brake pads and/ or brake lines. You need some bite in the front to feel confident.

Rgds

Dinyaar,
Better Pads and lines should do the trick for the bite, plus the lines will also improve the feel. I checked on the PRS site and they have Galfer lines for various bikes. So if available for the Ninja 650 and EBC pads should be a good mod for the bike. Haven't checked the Ninja650 online store.

safe rides

Rode today with two Dukes and a Pulsar up to DD Hills on the outskirts of Bangalore.

As always she was super comfortable and even 200 kms of hard riding did not cause any aching limbs or joints. Pain comes when she starts heating up in choc-a-block traffic. Tandoori legs anyone?

Oh and thanks to an underbelly exhaust, the ground clearance isn't enough to tackle some Indian style speed-breakers. Need to shift down to 1st gear and be super slow to avoid hearing the heart-stopping 'thud'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2939690)
Rode today with two Dukes and a Pulsar up to DD Hills on the outskirts of Bangalore.

Thankfully you removed that garish sari guard and now the bike looks completely awesome. How much did the LHS rear grip cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 2940078)
How much did the LHS rear grip cost?

I am confused. what are you are referring to? The rear grab rail?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbp (Post 2940108)
The rear grab rail?

Yes, the grab rail in place of the Sari Guard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 2940111)
Yes, the grab rail in place of the Sari Guard.

That is a standard fitment. It is available only on the left side not on the ride side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbp (Post 2940117)
That is a standard fitment. It is available only on the left side not on the ride side.

My bad. So what do you install on the RHS after removing the Sari Guard? No grab rail?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 2940121)
My bad. So what do you install on the RHS after removing the Sari Guard? No grab rail?

The Sari guard is on the left side. Nothing on the right side:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbp (Post 2940144)
The Sari guard is on the left side. Nothing on the right side:).

I think you are not getting my point. As you will see in his above photos, he has removed the saree guard and attached the grab rail in the place where the saree guard was tightened. I was asking the cost of those grab rails on the LHS that he has attached. And there exists a factory fitted grab rail on the RHS already, which I am aware of.