Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 09:47   #31
BHPian

Re: My Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom - Arrived in Jan 2013

I am planning to upgrade to a Harley soon. Presently using a RE 500, waiting for a HD dealership to open up in Pune, which i believe will be very soon this year. Reading the reviews about the Superlow and the Iron 883, i was initially thinking of finalising the Iron 883 until i read this forum and saw the Super Glide Custom. What is the final on road price of the SGC stock bike in Mumbai / Pune?
Old 28th August 2013, 13:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
What is the final on road price of the SGC stock bike in Mumbai / Pune?
The SGC on road price without octroi that i have is Rs 13,04,633. The price with octroi on road is Rs 13,59,709. I am not sure if the prices have been increased now.

Last edited by speedy : 28th August 2013 at 13:08.
Old 2nd September 2013, 08:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
.. waiting for a HD dealership to open up in Pune,
... saw the Super Glide Custom.
Here is the good news- October 13th is the launch date. If you are serious about buying a bike from them, please send me a PM and we will take it forward about the final price etc. As you are well aware, all final prices are as applicable on date of delivery. So, a subsequent mail has todays numbers, no one can tell you what the final number will be.
Between the Iron and the Glide- its two families- Sportsters and the Dyna. The Size, engine and handling are all so different. I sincerely urge you to locate and find a local ride from the Pune Chapter where you could meet-and-greet riders, see bikes close up before you 'see-ride-and-decide.'
In my opinion, the Iron is the 'physically' strongest bike- and can take a huge load of punishment. With the suspension tuned in properly, the bike can handle upto 170, and therefore can keep up with the bigger bikes on highways easy. Quickly customisable to a bling level, the Iron will be a significantly cheaper bike (upto reasonable levels of bling) than the Dynas. An Iron with LED Headlight, After market exhausts, an upgraded Air Intake... under 80-90,000- you are set to take on the world.
So, take your time and place your order wisely.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 09:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the Fat Boy Special, albeit a little late in the day. It sure is a special bike. Keep updating the thread with more pictures.

Will be joining the Harley gang shortly with a Superlow. I know its not the ideal bike according to you for my height, but I found it has enough metal to put it as a true blue entry Harley, at least for India. Though in the US it is ridiculed mostly as a ladies bike. I somehow did not have the mental budget to spend the lavish amounts that Harley wants us to invest in their bikes. So this has to do for now. Also it would be a low mileage bike with me, my previous Karizma only having done 5300 kms in 9 years. Wish me luck. My ongoing discussion as to the choice of bike is going on here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-500-a-10.html

Here's how I want my Superlow to look with the rear pillion and the sissy bar -
My Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom - Arrived in Jan 2013-harley-superlow-13082013_4.jpg

Any ideas when the 2014 models would hit India? I am told end of October or early November. Some upgrades that I found were -
NEW Front and rear brakes with a larger front rotor, more-rigid front and rear calipers with larger pistons, and braided stainless steel brake lines
NEW Optional Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
NEW Trip switch function allows odometer to display gear indicator and RPMs
NEW Integrated electrical system including new hand controls, speedometer, updated wire harness, oil tank, and side covers

Do you think all this warrants to wait for the 2014 model in the Sportster series?

Last edited by dkaile : 2nd September 2013 at 10:13.
Old 6th October 2013, 11:11   #35
BHPian

Thanks H&A for the advice / suggestions. I probably will have to book a test ride in advance as soon as their sales start, so by the time i am back in India, i hopefully will just need to visit the showroom, assess the bikes i am interested in, take a test ride and pay the booking amount. Although at this moment utterly clueless which HD i am going to end up buying, my budget topping at the SGC. I practically liked all the sportsters and the SGC. But my decision will lot depend on practicality and long term ownership value.
What started with the interest in a 48 soon waned after learning about the 7.9L fuel tank + internet reviews and now leaning more towards Iron883. Although the SGC has really interested me, i am not sure whether i will be able to handle and upgrade to a 310kg bike from my present 190 kg RE CL500.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks H&A for the advice / suggestions. I probably will have to book a test ride in advance as soon as their sales start, so by the time i am back in India, i hopefully will just need to visit the showroom, assess the bikes i am interested in, take a test ride and pay the booking amount. Although at this moment utterly clueless which HD i am going to end up buying, my budget topping at the SGC. I practically liked all the sportsters and the SGC. But my decision will lot depend on practicality and long term ownership value.
What started with the interest in a 48 soon waned after learning about the 7.9L fuel tank + internet reviews and now leaning more towards Iron883. Although the SGC has really interested me, i am not sure whether i will be able to handle and upgrade to a 310kg bike from my present 190 kg RE CL500.
Sir - when I could handle 260 kgs from a mere 125+ kgs (Duke 200) - I don't see a reason why you can't
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 08:20   #37
BHPian

Hi All

Any update on the HD showroom in Pune? It was supposed to open up on 13th October at Amanora township in Pune, However cannot see anything in the news or on the HD website.
Looks like i may have to go to Bombay to book my bike.
Old 15th October 2013, 08:26   #38
BHPian

Hi All. Any update on the HD pune showroom? This was supposed to open up on the 13th october at Amanora township. However nothing is there on the news or the HD website.

After all it looks like i may have to go to Bombay to book my bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks