Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 21:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik

Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India organised a Honda exclusive ride for their super-bike owners from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards (Nashik).
  • The event was organised by Honda as an initiative to provide a good riding experience to the SBK owners away from the Mumbai traffic.
  • HMSI currently has 4 SBKs on sale: CB1000R, CBR1000RR, VT1300CX & VFR1200F which are available for sale @ Honda Wing World dealerships in Mumbai and Delhi.
  • HMSI invited Team-BHP and a few other members of the media to this event and provided us with CBR 250Rs for the day.

The flag off was scheduled at 6:30am, so I reached the venue by 5:30am to check if I find something interesting, and I did. Check out this Honda CRF powered by a 50cc engine. Got a smile on my face early in the morning.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride.jpg

The Honda VTR1300CX powered by a 1312 cc V-twin engine producing max power of 57 BHP and max torque of 107 Nm.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride001.jpg

Instrument cluster is minimalistic.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride002.jpg

A boon to the tired rider, the 6 Speed Automatic Transmission VFR1200F producing peak power of 170 BHP & peak torque of 129 Nm. The CBR 250R is almost identical when it comes to the paint scheme.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride004.jpg

Exhaust pipe tries to fill up the space on the RHS because of the single swing-arm.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride005.jpg

The RHS display shows you which gear you are riding in, and of course, a lot more.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride006.jpg

RHS control stalks lets you toggle between Neutral - D & S (Manual) mode...
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride007.jpg

...and by manual I mean finger-shift. Note the grey down-shift button marked with a negative sign.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride008.jpg

A matte black / grey CB1000R with decals matching the rims.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride010.jpg

A Repsol Fireblade stands at the entrance.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride011.jpg

Meanwhile, when I was busy shooting inside; majority of the riders had reached the spot & on time.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride012.jpg

Rider briefing & introduction at the dealership.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride013.jpg

Suit up!
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride014.jpg

Then I met my ride for the day, and I underlined it.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride015.jpg

Cockpit for the day.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride016.jpg

First re-group. Tyre pressure checked as well.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride017.jpg

Next stop was at Manas resort for breakfast.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride018.jpg

A rider poses with his prized possession.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride019.jpg

The usual table stacked with helmets + jackets.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride020.jpg

The boys enjoying their meal...
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride021.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th September 2013 at 07:26.
parrys is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 21:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards

We reached Sula Vineyards around 11 am, and it was a very hot + humid day.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride023.jpg

The bikes looking tamed without the riders.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride024.jpg

And here they are with the riders.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride025.jpg

4 Repsol edition CBR Fireblades showed up for the ride event.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride026.jpg

From L to R: CBR250R, CBR1000RR, CB1000R & a VFR1200F.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride027.jpg

Some more colours of the Fireblade. PS: Majority of the SBKs at the ride were Fireblades.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride028.jpg

What I got to see the most, while riding on a quarter-litre bike behind the big boys.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride029.jpg

A pilot by profession, no wonder he needs a bike to justify his love for speed which he acquired from his B777.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride030.jpg

Repsols lined up.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride031.jpg

Golden wrap on the naked Honda, and a Leo Vince exhaust.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride032.jpg

Everybody had something different, check out the rim stripes and the exhaust.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride033.jpg

Black and gold is always a good combo.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride034.jpg

Wearing all that gear was a sweaty experience, but everybody stuck to the safety rules and kept the gear on.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride035.jpg

Up close with the white blade.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride036.jpg

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride037.jpg

National highways always surprise you, this tyre hit the fender eliminator on a bad patch and the number plate fell off.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride038.jpg

Cool tank pads, riders suggest you should start off by bargaining a straight 20% less than the quoted price.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride039.jpg

Small safety activity: Zig-Zag through the cones, a U-turn and Zig-Zag back to the starting point. Without putting your feet down.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride040.jpg

The best time clocked was 17.xx seconds, which I destroyed with a 16.xx seconds.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride041.jpg

Heading back: A view before the Kasara ghats on the way down.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride043.jpg

Hunger strikes again.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride042.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th September 2013 at 15:30.
parrys is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 21:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards

That's not all folks: A look at the exhaust pipes used on the Fireblades.

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride044.jpg

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride045.jpg

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride046.jpg

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride047.jpg

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride048.jpg

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-big-bike-ride049.jpg

My two cents:

1. CBR250R
  • Brilliant straight line abilities. Fatter rear tyre gives you enough traction to shoot quick.
  • Thankfully my bike was equipped with the optional C-ABS. Overall I feel that C-ABS (or even just ABS) should be made mandatory, just like saree guards. The braking added a lot more to my confidence all through the ride.
  • There were a lot of vibrations, which was a downer on a name that has heritage attached to it.
  • A very comfortable and fast tourer, but I would have loved it if it was more agile in the corners carving department.
  • On such riding events, the less you talk about FE, the better. Do not know the exact number, but it was surely below 30 kmpl.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-img_5644.jpg

2. VFR1200F
  • For those who wish for effortless, seamless cruising on the highways - the VFR suits the job. Slot it in D and you are ready to go thanks to the automatic shifts!
  • In D mode, the bike very comfortably lifts off from 0 kph. Wring the throttle and it shoots like a bullet. The rider needs to have a firm hand (also foot) to stay in his desired position. The sheer acceleration from a 1200 cc engine throws you back on the seat.
  • In S mode (manual - finger shift), it took me a while to understand the revv range and then shift accordingly in city traffic as well as on the highway. I felt that the up-shift button was positioned at the perfect spot, but the down-shift button was a bit lower than expected. Accidentally, I down-shifted twice whilst trying to use the horn.
  • Just like the paddles, when you have a '+' you have a '-' too. The 6 speed AT might comfort you in traffic, but the heat felt on the feet is more than uncomfortable. It had rained on our way back and my shoes were wet, but after riding the VFR - they dried up a bit.
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-img_5649.jpg

More pictures from the official photographer for the ride: Namit Narlawar
Attached Thumbnails
Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-img_5448.jpg  

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-18.jpg  

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-honda-40.jpg  

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-img_5455.jpg  

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-img_5459.jpg  

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-img_5461.jpg  

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-img_5506.jpg  

Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik-img_5539.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th September 2013 at 15:45.
parrys is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 15:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Superbikes Section.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 16:20   #5
BHPian

Wow! Nice initiative by Honda. It was a treat to look at all those pics. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, it seems like Mumbai SBK group doesn't want any of the exhaust makers to be sad: What an array of exhausts and what variety! My favourite is the Racefit growler though.

P.S. The quarter liter doesn't look too out of place in the group picture, isn't it?

Last edited by dreamseller : 15th September 2013 at 16:22.
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 23:29   #6

Great initiative! Being a 250R owner i too enjoyed a ride to lavasa organised by HMSI. The ride was quite enjoyable, with luxury boat ride, breakfast and lavasa introduction seminar.But the best part was the interaction with HMSI employees and opportunity to communicate any problems related to the bike.Hope HMSI continues such events.

Cheers.
Old 16th September 2013, 00:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
My favourite is the Racefit growler though
Also, it was the loudest pipe in the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
P.S. The quarter liter doesn't look too out of place in the group picture, isn't it?
Not just the picture, the bike managed to keep up with the big bike pace, apart from the straight lines. Sadly, it was on the boil all the time - it would have thanked me every time I turned that ignition off.
Old 16th September 2013, 00:49   #8
BHPian

I desperately hope Honda bring something to cover the gap created now between the SBK & the sports tourers/naked sports bikes. The 390 is going to eat into the domain quickly, sadly however, not many are hitting the roads soon enough. That said the VF1000R is a dream bike for me. It looks stunning in that grey & florescent green accents. Where is this Wing world showroom in Mumbai ? I have not heard of this place.
Old 16th September 2013, 01:08   #9
BHPian

Great write up parrys.
In one of the pics you are seen doing 3 digit speeds on the 250R. It must be definitely driven to its limit by you, right ?
I have once heard a FireBlade being revved to 8-9k rpm(don't know if it had aftermarket exhaust or not) but it was eargasmic to say the least; one can just imagine the sound of so many superbikes together and that too many with those evil exhausts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
That said the VF1000R is a dream bike for me.
You mean the CB1000R right ? The other is the VFR1200F( the CBR250R's elder sibling).

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 01:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Where is this Wing world showroom in Mumbai ? I have not heard of this place.
It is located at Saki Naka, opposite McDonalds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Great In one of the pics you are seen doing 3 digit speeds on the 250R. It must be definitely driven to its limit by you, right?
I did not have a choice
Old 16th September 2013, 10:44   #11
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda : Big Bike Ride from Mumbai to Sula Vineyards, Nashik

Wow! What rides & what a ride.

Does the Wing World Honda stock on accessories or the owners flock PRS & Bachoo for their needs?

The CBR-600 F will fill the void very nicely. I just hope they price it right if the launch it.

Thanks for the ride report & pics & time you got yourself a dedicated riding shoe
Old 16th September 2013, 13:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Does the Wing World Honda stock on accessories or the owners flock PRS & Bachoo for their needs?
Wing World does have a few accessories, but I heard most of them discuss PRS & Bachoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
time you got yourself a dedicated riding shoe
Still trying to save THAT much to buy it. Probably will opt for the Rjays Sprint.
parrys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 14:21   #13
BHPian

Happy to see such events happening in India, SBKs are becoming more & more popular of late and also good to see OEMs showing interest in Indian Market.
Old 19th September 2013, 15:13   #14
BHPian

How I wish to see so many super bikes together once in my life time! I feel that half of my wish has been fulfilled looking at the pics. Thank you for sharing.
Old 25th September 2013, 13:07   #15

Thanx Parrys for the beautiful pics and write up.
I assume there were no VT1300 in the "wolf" PACK; and I wonder why hasn't this particular model picked up sales in India, I would love to have it as my second bike.

After Mumbai, Waiting for the Delhi NCR ride to Himachal of big bikes in a couple of days.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks