Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 20:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bullet? Ninja 650? Finally, Harley Davidson Street Bob

@ankit, Could you pm me the cost of the accessories you have installed, if it is not desirable for you to post here.
Old 5th April 2014, 00:07   #17
BHPian

@rishi.nandan & haroon: One of the next photo sessions with the bike, i'll probably make sure all four of us are attired with H-D t-shirts

@dkaile: inspired by your detailed pics of the superlow, will try and click some more pics of the bike over the weekend and post here!

Here is the cost of accessories so far:
* Signature Series Sear: 37k (couldn't find the bill, I could be off by a 1k or so)
* Passenger Foot Pegs: 5.8k
* Sissy Bar Kit: 15.8k
* Footboard Kit with Forward Controls: 25.3k
* Horn Kit: 5.8k
Labour cost was over and above these....

Just went through your thread and saw what your friend fabricated for your SuperLow. Suddenly I feeling like
ankitwanchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 17:47   #18
BHPian

Hi dkaile,

Could you please check with your friend who has the Street Bob about if he too feels vibrations from the front wheel while taking a turn?

On my bike, whenever i'm above 20km/hr, on the handle bars, I feel slight vibrations while turning or even while riding in a straight like, if I sway left to right or vice-versa?

I did get this checked at the workshop and they said all Street Bob's have such vibrations, I found this to be surprising!

Thanks,
Ankit
Old 7th April 2014, 20:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitwanchoo View Post
Could you please check with your friend who has the Street Bob about if he too feels vibrations from the front wheel while taking a turn?
No such issues reported by him. Maybe you are over-analysing things and its just a matter of getting used to. More you ride more you start handling it better. It's a heavy bike at 305kgs. So at low speeds while turning you may feel slight vibrations or the handle may feel a bit heavy but not at higher speeds and especially in a straight line. But he did get tired while riding for prolonged periods with that Mini Ape Hanger Handle Bars. I feel the Lower Apes on the Superlow are supremely comfortable. That is why he shifted to the straighter Fat Bob Handle Bar. BTW I have never felt any such issues with my 'Pocket Rocket'. Did a 50km+ ride today also with a Fat Bob mate and did 120+ speeds with ease and without vibrations. Though the Harleys are best enjoyed cruising at 100kmph.

PS - Do also check for proper tyre pressure. That can be a reason for vibrations. I keep 36psi up front and 42 at the back on my XL883L. Check your owner's manual for the proper tyre pressure for the tyre size on your bike.

Last edited by dkaile : 7th April 2014 at 20:37.
Old 7th April 2014, 21:14   #20
BANNED

Quote:
My multiple visits to the Harley showroom in Goa (it was almost walking distance from where I stayed) didn't help matters either for the head. My heart was set but the head was talking a completely different tune.
Congrats on your bike. Really suits you. Get a pair of retro helmets for yourself and your wife to complete the look.

Going by the above statement and your surname I'm guessing you're the son of a prominent person who lives close to the Harley showroom. If you're calling it walking distance, it's a long walk
Old 7th April 2014, 23:46   #21
BHPian

@LiveToJive: Thanks, I guess I should have been a bit more discreet about the where I was staying in Goa Not saying anything more! Would love to catch up with you in person when I'm visiting next.

By retro, I presume you mean a half face or a 3/4th helmet while although I might change from my existing Vemar helmet sometime in the future but would move to another full face only which is DOT/ Snell certified. I don't prefer riding with anything other than a full face helmet even a short ride in the city or regular office commute.

@dkaile: Will probably try and ride someone else's SB on one of the HOG rides. While I agree that the bike is heavy and probably I might be over analysing but on the contrary at slow speeds, there isn't any vibration. It's there only while taking a turn at higher speeds and not in a straight line. My reference to the straight line was that while riding in a straight line if I sway from let to right and vice versa, e.g. zig zagging at speeds in excess of 35-40km/ hr, is when also i feel the vibrations.

The tyre pressure is generally as per the user manual (30 in the front/ 40 at the rear). I like the look of the bike with the mini apes and let's see how it treats me on a long ride. So far I've done 100-150kms trips only at a stretch and they have been pretty okay.

Thanks again.
Ankit
Old 8th April 2014, 00:51   #22
BANNED

Quote:
@LiveToJive: Thanks, I guess I should have been a bit more discreet about the where I was staying in Goa Not saying anything more! Would love to catch up with you in person when I'm visiting next.
That's one hell of a place to stay. Hope you liked the view. You Dad's a really nice guy. Never met him but that's what people who have met him say. He recently felicitated a friend for completing a cycling feat. Anyway let me also not say anything more.

Quote:
By retro, I presume you mean a half face or a 3/4th helmet while although I might change from my existing Vemar helmet sometime in the future but would move to another full face only which is DOT/ Snell certified. I don't prefer riding with anything other than a full face helmet even a short ride in the city or regular office commute.
Check these out:
http://www.edhardyshop.lu/en/boutique-en-ligne/casques

But I agree, there's nothing better than full face for safety and comfort.
Live To Jive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 10:25   #23
BHPian

Thanks for the kind words, LiveToJive and surely the place has breathtaking views!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 8th April 2014, 11:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Ankit on bike and excellent choice of mods so far.

My recommendation is to hold on the exhaust upgrade until you have done a mix of short and long rides. I have a SuperLow and I really wanted to get V&H the next day but thankfully I waited.

I have now done about 2.5K on my bike and have done several short and medium (200km) rides and decided to not get V&H. They are so damn loud, it is quite irritating on long rides. Now when I ride with other Harley riders who have V&H, either I ride ahead of them or way behind them. You might still want to get V&H and that is fine but if you make that decision after you have done some riding (say 'bout 2k), it would be a better decision.
hondadude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 12:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Congratulations Ankit on bike and excellent choice of mods so far.

My recommendation is to hold on the exhaust upgrade until you have done a mix of short and long rides. I have a SuperLow and I really wanted to get V&H the next day but thankfully I waited.

I have now done about 2.5K on my bike and have done several short and medium (200km) rides and decided to not get V&H. They are so damn loud, it is quite irritating on long rides. Now when I ride with other Harley riders who have V&H, either I ride ahead of them or way behind them. You might still want to get V&H and that is fine but if you make that decision after you have done some riding (say 'bout 2k), it would be a better decision.
Sir I beg to differ on this slightly.

The full systems of VnH are REAL loud! (without the baffles)

The slip on's are loud, but not to the extent of making someone not ride behind you or not as loud to annoy the hell out of the rider on longer rides.

So real choice here to make is - Do you want to "upgrade" with Full system, A/C and either a super tuner or a piggy back unit of Auto tuner

OR

Just go with slip on's for now - upgrade at a later stage. Slip on's will definitely fetch a price in the market unlike the stock
Old 8th April 2014, 14:57   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post

I agree with you on these thoughts. A friend who rides with us has an Harley Super Glide Custom with V&H installed. It's so loud its almost like an earthquake happening when he overtakes us

I enjoy that sound briefly when he overtakes but, that constant loud sound can really get in the way of enjoying a nice ride and like you said, I keep my distance or zoom past him to avoid being anywhere near that sound for constant periods

Being a spectator from a distance itself is painful so i cannot imagine what the actual rider may be going through ( for all we know he is enjoying it)

Basically it's an individual's choice if they can OR cannot live with such loud exhuasts. Hence, its best to wait and decide only if really sure !!!
Old 8th April 2014, 22:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Sir I beg to differ on this slightly.

The full systems of VnH are REAL loud! (without the baffles)

The slip on's are loud, but not to the extent of making someone not ride behind you or not as loud to annoy the hell out of the rider on longer rides.

Hey buddy, just rode last weekend with few folks. One of the 883 Iron had slip-ons and other had short shots. Both were very loud for me. As they say, loudness is in the ear of beholder

There is no way I would ride with such loud pipes over long distance unless I use ear plugs but then that would defeat the entire purpose of getting loud pipes
Old 8th April 2014, 22:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the comparo buddy. In a few days I will be with the slip ons. And another buddy got the straight shots. Will do a comparison. SE slip ons are not loud at all.
Old 8th April 2014, 22:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Thanks for the comparo buddy. In a few days I will be with the slip ons. And another buddy got the straight shots. Will do a comparison. SE slip ons are not loud at all.
SE is what makes sense to me and in all probabilities I will pick that up.
Old 8th April 2014, 22:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

As good as staying stock :-) May be get the baffles drilled

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks