Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 17:37   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
I happened to do one, a couple of months back, and the TD bike had custom exhausts (gold in colour) which were insanely loud and deep. During the entire course of the ride, it attracted a lot of attention, primarily because of the exhaust sound. My point being, aren't TD bikes supposed to be strictly stock and not with some custom fidgeting?
You must have test drive the Black Bonneville with Arrow 2X2 Exhausts which are indeed quite loud

But, as you rightly mentioned a prospective customer has to be given the stock feel first and add the accessories later which is exactly what the Hyderabad dealership has done.

One of the staff bought the Bonnie and he experiments on his bike and offers them for test ride to prospective buyers whereas their original test ride bike is bone stock.
Old 25th June 2014, 17:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You must have test drive the Black Bonneville with Arrow 2X2 Exhausts which are indeed quite loud

But, as you rightly mentioned a prospective customer has to be given the stock feel first and add the accessories later which is exactly what the Hyderabad dealership has done.

One of the staff bought the Bonnie and he experiments on his bike and offers them for test ride to prospective buyers whereas their original test ride bike is bone stock.
Yes. It was the Black Bonnie.
I completely agree with the notion of giving a prospective customer the stock feel of a bike as legendary as the Bonnie.
If I'm not mistaken, the Bonnie belongs to the showroom manager who guided me through the entire TD process and even tailed me on his Activa!
Old 25th June 2014, 17:59   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, the Bonnie belongs to the showroom manager who guided me through the entire TD process and even tailed me on his Activa!
I think you mistook my comment. I meant the staff member of Hyderabad dealership has bought a Bonnie and experimenting on his bike

I know of the Bangalore test ride bike through some common friends, otherwise i dont know anybody from the Bangalore Triumph dealership
Old 25th June 2014, 18:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I think you mistook my comment. I meant the staff member of Hyderabad dealership has bought a Bonnie and experimenting on his bike
Ah. I took it for the Bangalore one, else why would be the TD bike be customized? Bewildering.
Old 26th June 2014, 17:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
Congrats on the bike, and wish you many happy miles.

Though the bike does look tiny standing next to the Bullet. Is it an illusion, or is it actually true?
Thanks.

I feel that referring the Bonnie as tiny compared to the Bullet is not justified. The seating is definitely lower than the Bullet due to its 17" wheel at the rear, but at the same time the motorcycle is longer and wider. Also, the turning radius is much more than the Bullet.

The advantage of lower seating especially for 'the not so tall riders' is better control when planting their feet on the ground, and the other advantage being, increased centre of gravity leading to more stability.
susan3004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 09:20   #21
BHPian

Came across some pictures of a couple of rides back in the city of Nizams...
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-img_57947466323512.jpeg  

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-img_58066370742454.jpeg  

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-img_245712358382538.jpeg  

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-img_245730631148651.jpeg  

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-img_245937559737519.jpeg  

susan3004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 05:32   #22
BANNED

I TD'd the Bonnie myself at Keerthi Motors. This had Arrow 2x2's with the baffles REMOVED which made it insanely loud and throaty!!

I did ask the guys if they had a stock Bonnie or even a Bonne with Arrow's WITH baffles (cos thats what I am planning to pick up soon!) - nope.

Quote:
Yes. It was the Black Bonnie.
I completely agree with the notion of giving a prospective customer the stock feel of a bike as legendary as the Bonnie.
Old 31st July 2014, 20:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC444 View Post
I TD'd the Bonnie myself at Keerthi Motors. This had Arrow 2x2's with the baffles REMOVED which made it insanely loud and throaty!!

I did ask the guys if they had a stock Bonnie or even a Bonne with Arrow's WITH baffles (cos thats what I am planning to pick up soon!) - nope.
My Bonnie had been in the garage under the drapes for a couple of months as I was away from home.

Few days back I got a chance to go back home for a weeks duration and could ride her for about 400km in and around Delhi. I also paid a visit to the Triumph showroom in Delhi, located at Vasant Square for accessories for my Bonnie. Well, they did not have the crash guard and the [b]hi flow exhausts[b]. They expressed their inability to produce the same for another month or so.

In the meantime I managed a test ride on the bikes fitted with the Arrow and the Hi Flow Exhaust. I found the Arrows loud to a level which would tire down the rider, while the Hi Flow retained the original pea shooter look, added a couple of figures to the bhp and also desirably throaty.

I intend acquiring the set of Hi Flow pipes during my next visit to Delhi. Till then the bike remains under the sheets inside the garage.

By the way, has anyone tried removing the baffles from the original pipes?
Old 31st July 2014, 20:56   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
By the way, has anyone tried removing the baffles from the original pipes?
Major saab, I was hoping you will remove it and show us followers the light so we can follow the same path

Btw, where are the pics of you riding around Delhi? This thread keeps demanding pics every now and then !!!
Old 31st July 2014, 22:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Major saab, I was hoping you will remove it and show us followers the light so we can follow the same path

Btw, where are the pics of you riding around Delhi? This thread keeps demanding pics every now and then !!!
I did have a word with the guys at Delhi showroom about removal of the baffles. Only they are adamant that the procedure is impossible. Amal, at Hyderabad was confident that these can be removed, albeit the bike will lose its warranty.

I was quite busy with other work this time in Delhi. Armed with more time, I will get in touch with my friends who will be able to do the needful. The advantage which I envisage with removal of baffles is that one doesn't have to store one extra set when the other is employed for the task on the bike.

The rides were absolutely non photographic and I concentrated only on mile munching this time! It was a pleasure riding this machine. It handled so well in Delhi traffic and also attracted a lot of attention with people, as usual, signalling for the illuminated head light in the day time and inquiries to the tune of, Bullet ka naya model hai kya?

Bonnie is easily one of the most stable bikes. I loved the way it raced in the traffic with ease. I realized that it is an all rounder as I could do some off roading next to the ORR in Hyderabad and, here in Delhi, it could give run for money to a Daytona. I got an opportunity to go to Greater Noida, when a HD rider wanted to overtake me very badly. Although, I did not have any urgency, but the poor HD could not keep up and finally I had to stop and wait for him to catch up with me. I admired the HD rider as he saluted me when I let him go ahead.
Old 2nd August 2014, 07:46   #26
BHPian

Even i am planning to get the HIGH FLOW silencers fitted on the SE Bonnie. The Pune dealer does not seem to have this in stock. Question is - how good do they sound and does it noticeably improve pick up and performance. If it does then an ECU remap may be required at the service centre.
Old 6th August 2014, 18:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Even i am planning to get the HIGH FLOW silencers fitted on the SE Bonnie. The Pune dealer does not seem to have this in stock. Question is - how good do they sound and does it noticeably improve pick up and performance. If it does then an ECU remap may be required at the service centre.
The sound of the Hi Flow pipes is definitely more aggressive than the stock pipes. And at the same time quite comfortable to live with. In my opinion the arrows were too loud and on long runs they would tire down the rider.

The other advantage of the Hi Flow pipes is that they look exactly the same as originals less the baffles in the rear.

The technicians claimed the increase in power, albeit I could not feel it on the TD bike perhaps because of the traffic restricting the move.

The service centre recommends ECU remapping.
Old 20th August 2014, 10:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
I did have a word with the guys at Delhi showroom about removal of the baffles. Only they are adamant that the procedure is impossible. Amal, at Hyderabad was confident that these can be removed
Hi Sandeep,

Good to see you in the family (Bonnie/Triumph Owners), and wish you many any happy miles.

You know better than all of us that "nothing is impossible). The process as lovingly known as "baffelectomy" can be done and is known to have good results (for years an ex-fauji and a good friend in Dubai has been after me to do the procedure on my Bonnie, after he did it very succesfully on his Scrambler - but being a "stock man" I have resisted the temptaion till date).

I am posting below a youtube video of how its done - though this is being done on a Scrambler - essentially the process is same on a T 100 as it has a peashooter as well.

http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=Ym8r-uf9jfU

In the video its being done by a "hole saw". The saw will have to be at least 4" - 6" long to do the job cleanly. You can do this by using a thick enough drill as well but it can be more messy.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 23:14   #29
BHPian

Hello Guys,
My friend recently picked up a T100 and is planning to get a protective tank guard (Lamination something like we see from 3M quality type) to prevent accidental scratches on tank surface. Can any T100 owners suggest or recommend any places in Bangalore where they do a good job in this or even link me to that post.
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th August 2014, 14:41   #30
BHPian

Since I had to be away from home, the Bonnie was stored in the garage after thorough cleaning by a team of dedicated members who work on my cars too.

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140721_182146.jpg

So after this prolonged gap of inactivity it was the time to remove the sheets and get it on the road. I rolled it out of the garage as I had planned a trip to Babina for some personal agenda.

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140820_131812.jpg

Reaching Babina from my home entailed 486km or riding, which I intended covering the same day. The selected route was through Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi and to Babina. I commenced the ride in the afternoon and got on to the Taj Expressway. The Taj Expressway was a treat to ride on with smooth tarmac and sparse traffic. Halted on the expressway after crossing the first out of the three toll plazas.

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140820_140011.jpg

Next break after crossing Agra.

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140820_163048.jpg
Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140820_163102.jpg

And then at Morena...Chambal Ki Ghati.

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140820_165356.jpg

As I moved ahead, I caught up with fellow riders from Cochin just before Jhansi.

Triumph Bonneville T100 Joins The Garage-20140820_173816.jpg

After exchanging notes with them, I headed to Babina amidst the darkness on the yet to be constructed highway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks