Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 23:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Triumph Daytona 675R. A true everyday Superbike!

A great review bro.

Its one of your threads that was a starting point for me to get into the world of HD's followed by threads of shubz and dkaile that made me take a plunge into the bikes. I guess now we start of a new journey.

I know a couple of guys who ride a Daytona and all are very impressed with the bike especially the three cylinder beast.

Also, on the dyna any pointers to improve the way they handle ?
Old 27th August 2014, 13:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new supersports Jose. Wishing you many happy miles munching with it. Seems that the trend of a cruiser/sports combo seems to be catching up with biking aficionados. Already I have in my circles a Fat Bob + Ducati Diavel owner and another one who is contemplating getting a Suzuki Bandit to complement his Street Bob. Wow. I just wonder why you didn't consider a in-line 4? Waiting for many updates from you.

Ride safe and cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 27th August 2014 at 13:28.
Old 27th August 2014, 13:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
I have done close to 5K on the machine now and am in Love.

Ive been reading reviews on the Daytona R after I got her and tend to believe motorhead journos from around the world that this is the closest to a supersports racer that you can use on the road; probably as an everyday ride - this thing is that good!

GEAR Up and Ride Safe Guys!
JP,

Congratualations and am sure that this affair will stay with you for long (at least as long as you crave to be on a crouched bike).

Yes, this one Triumph has been blowing people over eversince it was introduced in 2008.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 27th August 2014, 15:35   #19
BHPian

Thanks a ton guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I just wonder why you didn't consider a in-line 4?
I wanted a supersports machine and Daytona was the only one with a full fledged sales and support centre in Hyderabad. Also the Jap 600s are not sold in India yet; i would have still gone for the Daytona though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
A great review bro. Also, on the dyna any pointers to improve the way they handle ?
Thanks! The Dyna handling can be improved by going for a fork brace and better rear shocks. Loading up the front a little more by raising the rear suspension should work. It will spoil the looks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Jose, congrats on your Daytona.
P.S: How much did the Arrows cost?
Thanks. The Arrows cost around 40K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Did you got chance to drive Storm ?
Storm is an amazing machine. Has plenty of power and handles sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.joshi View Post
Congrats man! I've few questions to ask.
1) Have you tired off-roading your ride? How sticky were the tires on gravel and sand?
2) What about back and wrist pain after long rides?
3) I'm assuming you've had your first service done. What were the service charges including oil and filter change? Any feedback on service guys would be a great help.

I'm dying to hear exhaust note.
Thanks Mate!

Don't intend to off-road. But have ridden in the rain and on sandy roads. I guess these are down to rider ability - mostly cautious input! Fooling around in these conditions can be costly.

One you get the posture right; mostly loose elbows, thighs gripping the tank etc. , riding this should be a breeze. I have done 4 hours stopping just for fuel and didnt end up with any pains.

Service is every 10k and should be 6-7K without major consumables ( tyres, chains, sprockets etc.)

I'll try to make a video of her screaming too.
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 16:33   #20
BHPian

Words well written on your fantastic Daytona R. Pics are nice.

Isn't the oil can near the right hand of steering an irritant?
Old 27th August 2014, 16:38   #21
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd September 2014 at 09:04.
gov626 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th August 2014, 18:15   #22
BHPian

Beautiful, beautiful bike, Jose! You have been playing with my heart strings!(your bikes choices ) first, I was hooked on to your superlow thread, so much so that I almost went ahead and booked my own. A negative bank balance dint get me what I wanted. I sulked and went about my life. Now this.May God give me patience to wait out this sulking period! I'm so charged to get one now. As one Tbhp brother put it, what is that you do that makes you live every one of your bike dreams?

Lovely write up. And I'm not going to request for a video, I demand it. The arrows and the engine deserve that. They deserve a round of applause from every bhpian reading this thread, you know that! Congrats on your buy. I'm going to pm you someday when I'm in Hyd just to drool at your garage. Ride safe.
Old 28th August 2014, 18:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Jose, first off, let me congratulate you on a splendid pair of wheels and wish you many happy and safe miles.

Your harley threads are a great read and this is too. Simple from the heart explanations show that you're truly in love with this machine and enjoying it.

The 3 cyl Triumph engines sound sweet and i can only imagine how they sound at the top of the rev counter.

Happy miles once again and do keep us updated regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live&ride View Post
Isn't the oil can near the right hand of steering an irritant?
That's the front brake fluid reservoir. Not an issue as it does not foul with the controls. Most bikes with disc brake setup's have this. Bikes like Ducati's which are equipped with hydraulic clutch systems have another such reservoir on the left side as well.

Last edited by n_aditya : 28th August 2014 at 18:28.
Old 28th August 2014, 23:22   #24
BHPian

Hi Jose bro, congrats on the new Daytona. A journey from the sportster to dyna through touring has come to a super sports.
By the way are you still using Street bob?
Old 29th August 2014, 02:20   #25
BHPian

Congratulations Jose! That bike is just so freakin beautiful!!! I have been dreaming about buying a bike like this for quite sometime, and I can only imagine how it must feel to ride.

P.S: Would love to meet up and see the bike in person

Cheers
Old 30th August 2014, 00:56   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Josepeter!
I have also booked Daytona (non R) recently and the delivery is on 26th of Sep. I will be hooked on to your thread.
Old 30th August 2014, 12:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

There he goes again Congrats!

Heard about you getting this while I was at HYD. Should have pinged you before coming.

Wondering what mod you will do on this bike now .

HYD people are one lucky bunch when it comes to road.Adding a pic I took when we went for a ride while I was there. Mobike's RE500's is the poser here.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Daytona 675R. A true everyday Superbike!-wp_20140726_09_17_53_pro-large.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:48   #28
BHPian

Congrats for the purchase ! Maybe you can call it favoritism, but to me, the Daytona is the best from the Supersports and the liter class superbikes categories combined! No need to say I was awaiting for an ownership review of this dream machine! The FE figures are surprising though. I never expected 20-30.

Keep posting updates and more ride experiences. Thanks.
Old 3rd September 2014, 17:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
There he goes again Congrats!

Wondering what mod you will do on this bike now .

HYD people are one lucky bunch when it comes to road.Adding a pic I took when we went for a ride while I was there. Mobike's RE500's is the poser here.
Thanks mate! Not planning any mods. The essential mod aka Pipes have been done so planning to take it easy barring for frame protectors and fork sliders.

But mod opportunities do exist for the Daytona. Will think about them somewhere in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3danikesh View Post
Congratulations Josepeter!
I have also booked Daytona (non R) recently and the delivery is on 26th of Sep. I will be hooked on to your thread.
Congrats Mate! Just a few days left to let her rip! RIDE SAFE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Hi Jose bro, congrats on the new Daytona. A journey from the sportster to dyna through touring has come to a super sports.
By the way are you still using Street bob?
Thanks Mate! Not enough Vitamin M to keep both at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Congrats for the purchase ! Maybe you can call it favoritism, but to me, the Daytona is the best from the Supersports and the liter class superbikes categories combined! No need to say I was awaiting for an ownership review of this dream machine! The FE figures are surprising though. I never expected 20-30.

Keep posting updates and more ride experiences. Thanks.
Depends on how you look at it. In real world riding terms, there isn't much difference between a DaytonaR and the liter class bikes. But there is always the pub banter that you will lose out on .
Old 4th September 2014, 14:00   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Ride within your limits; the bike has none. That stays planted in my head.
How true are the words above when what we can do on the bike is based on our perceived limitations with it.

How is the riding going on so far?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks