Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2006, 21:44   #16
BANNED

hay dude congrates for you are sexy ride and take care of her n your tooo while riding
Old 23rd August 2006, 23:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats great bike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze
Infact I also got a HUGEEE ticket that night while returning back from the long ride frigging 240$. Almost ran into a deer too(rural indiana roads). So these other issues to deal with too.
Holy Cow! You must be seriously into triple digits for a ticket like that.
Old 24th August 2006, 02:16   #18
BHPian

Hey thanks guys,
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
BTW, highwayblaze; How are the overall ergonomics?
Ergonomics are great. First 1000 miles of really hard riding and some urban riding its been very good to my skinny butt and rest of my body. I've not ridden the kawasaki zx10r but the remaining CBR1000RR, R1 & GSX, its the GSX this is the most comfortable to ride.

Quote:
That console sure is a boon, with the gear indicator.
I don't have a gear indicator bud. Maybe this is different on the american model. I know they're different color schemes and a lot of different other stuff for different sales regions. It does get confusing without the gear indicator especially between 4th and 5th but I guess I'm used to figuring it out now.

Quote:
Wonder how easier is it to read, while on the run, than the Fireblade.... IS the Gixxer's console more easier on the eyes than the Fireblade?
The console is very easy to read. Its got a digital display of which most of the space is occupied by the speed digits. I can toggle between odometer, trip 1, trip 2 & a digital time clock. Apart from that there's the standard rev counter (analog) and a bright white shifter light, which I can program to glow anywhere between 5000rpm to 12000rpm which is a fabulous. Only prob is the light glow is barely seen while looking straight.

Quote:
And how about downshift-braking? Heard that the Gixxer's back-torque limiting clutch is far less snappier than the Honda's clutch to aid in rapid downshifting.
Bikes released in the US in 06 have slipper clutches to prevent snapping while exiting corners. Mine doesnt have that coz it didnt come until this year. But downshifting with rev maching is pretty good. Never had a problem with it. Well, the wheel has squirmed several times atleast 7 out of 10 times while riding really hard and engine braking but i've seen that happen on the yam honda and suzuki all of them. If your tires are warm enough then the problem reduces drastically. I'm running on Michelin Pilot Pro which are among the premium street riding tires you get here. They help a lot!

Quote:
And what about throttle shut-off? The earlier Gixxers used to snap while entering/exiting corners on zero/max throttle transitions...is it as bad as they say?
Entering and exiting corners no issue provided you keep your throttle in check BUTTT,
Dude if you give any litre bike a handful of throttle it'll eat you alive. The bike wheelies in 4th gear with no issues at all! There's one thing I really wish for all guys in India who have these big bikes. I wish that there was some place they could really see the potential of these motorcycles not just on the straight away but also on corners and curves. I'm not saying anything bad, I'm just wishing good fun for them coz these things can bank into corners like nothing else and at speeds u wont believe if u'r doing the right thing. Problem is most people who own expensive bikes back home are in an urban setting and it takes them quite a while to get to a place with a decent stretch of road. I really wish there was some really good road with no traffic and a great surface! trust me this is super fun. I've come back home talking to my self in my helmet, coz my body can't stand the pain of riding REALLY REALLY HARD for six hours banking on corners, left and rights and almost pee'ing in my pants whenever I've seen gravel on the corner and its too late to brake. This all adds up man to a fantastic experience an addiction you can NEVER EVER GET RID OFF!
Old 24th August 2006, 02:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Congrats great bike!

Holy Cow! You must be seriously into triple digits for a ticket like that.
Thanks bud problem is I wasnt going fast at that point in my ride. But this sick ***#$%^ decided to come really close behind and tail gate me and another biker friend. So after about a mile of this tail gating on a state highway (not interstate) I decided to pass the car ahead of me and went 30+mph over the limit. and so all the calculations boiled down to this. I need to take the dsp now to get my license back! 3 of us got pulled over. and 2 got ripped!
Old 25th August 2006, 17:25   #20
BHPian

Hey highwayblaze,
what's up..
Was in Lakeland, Florida (love the Dodge next to you in the 1st pic..Lakeland is the redneck capital of the world) for 3 years..was flying there as an Instructor..go figure..Then moved to Miami for a year..
Had a 1972 Pontiac Trans am with the 455 HO Ram Air IV..in Lakeland. will try and get some pics scanned..lucerne blue with the white stripe, shaker hood and all..
Had to sell her before moving down as the fuel would have cost more than the car..LOL!!
Have fun!! Life is cool in the States..
Cheers!
Old 26th August 2006, 23:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

wooo baby, thats a nice piece of rubber and metal .Congrats on getting what you longed for .Ride safe and a wheeli pic would be nice
Old 5th October 2006, 14:50   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

nice !!!

And I know, this is an old thread, sorry for bumping, but the RS link isnt working....

Can someone who has the file upload it again and post the RS link here ??
Old 14th October 2006, 20:31   #23

dhroooooolllll maaallll

congrats bro . the bike looks really neat .......feast 4 my sweet eyez

ride safe........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks