Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 15:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
Interestingly, the dealer websites have wrong specs on the bikes. The Z1000 for example does not have riding modes nor does it have a three stage adjustable screen.
Looks like a copy paste of the specs of ninja 1000 gone wrong. They need to take care of such things. Kawasaki has a brand image and this isn't helping.
Old 24th September 2015, 00:14   #17
BHPian

re: Why has Kawasaki's Indian website disappeared? EDIT: Back up!

Well, atleast the URL is up again. Now if u search for Kawasaki India, Google will yield the Kawasaki-india link. The link now says
"The Kawasaki India website is currently under construction. We apologize for the inconvenience.
For any queries, kindly email us on info@kawasaki-India.com"
Hope they are constructing for updates we have been waiting for so long.
Arvin_86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:12   #18
BHPian

Yep, they also have a looping video of the H2 ad and I think it is being updated with the new models/colors for 2016.
Old 28th November 2015, 12:46   #19
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

So Kawasaki Forever Fearless Home seems to be the title of Kawasaki's homepage.
Old 28th November 2015, 14:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
So Kawasaki Forever Fearless Home seems to be the title of Kawasaki's homepage.
Kawasaki India: Forever homepage-less is more apt

I don't remember how the page used to look at all - It has been forever since it has been down
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 13:57   #21
BHPian

Why has Kawasaki's Indian website disappeared? Edit: It is Up

Ahh.! atlast, Kawasaki india website is up. Seems like they have updated the design more on the lines of their global website layout design. It features the new 2016 ninja 300,1000 and zx-14R as well as the 2016 Zs and versys 1000. The website shows ZX-10R as coming soon, but no updates or addition of any of the 650s which is sad.
Old 7th December 2015, 15:06   #22
BHPian

A key point to be noted: On the previous Kawasaki (not bajaj kawasaki), They did not feature the Ninja 650 or Ninja 300. The two bikes they sold via the Bajaj network.

With this new site they have featured their entire India line-up. What does this mean?

(1) Is Kawasaki bringing their most popular and highest selling products under their own fold? Meaning Service and Spares by dedicated Kawasaki Showrooms Or

(2) is it just a visual website upgrade?

As a Ninja 650 owner I'd surely like point (1)
lionell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 12:42   #23
BHPian

Re: Why has Kawasaki's Indian website disappeared? EDIT: Back up!

No mention of the upcoming Versys 650 or the Vulcan 650 either.

And the gallery for each bike is rather disappointing. In comparison, the Triumph UK and Triumph India websites are better equipped. Just IMO. For people like me who spend hours each day surfing websites, this one doesn't keep me glued to it for long.
Old 25th December 2015, 20:51   #24
BHPian

any idea whats the news on ZX6R hitting indian shores ?
Old 24th September 2016, 22:40   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

And there it goes again with a page title saying "Coming Soon" and a message saying "Please come back later". Wonder what's coming ....Bikes or refund?

http://www.kawasaki-india.com
Attached Thumbnails
Why has Kawasaki's Indian website disappeared? EDIT: Back up!-screenshot_201609242236132.png  

Old 25th September 2016, 10:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

The new Ninja R2? 600cc supercharged?
Or the single cylinder Ninja 250 SL Mono RR?
Old 26th September 2016, 15:10   #27
BHPian

Might be all 3 of the below or some of the below:

1) New Livery on N300 inspired by the ZX-10R
2) Launch of the new ZX-10R
3) Updated designs of the Ninja 650 or Er-6n

Pasting some pics below of the updated livery/ designs
Attached Thumbnails
Why has Kawasaki's Indian website disappeared? EDIT: Back up!-kawasakininja650.jpg  

Why has Kawasaki's Indian website disappeared? EDIT: Back up!-kawasakier6n.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 28th September 2016, 15:49   #28
sps
BHPian

The kawasaki India website is still down. Bajaj's website contains information on ninja 300 and ninja 650 only. So Versys 650 is not featured anywhere.

Even the link to India website has been removed from their international webpage (see this)

Wonder when it will be back up again.

Did they do this because of SNK fiasco or are they updating the website?

Hope to see a discount for versys 650 just like what they did for ninja 650 when it comes back
Old 29th September 2016, 16:43   #29
BHPian

Every year at this time, they will be launching the new models for next year and the website goes down. Saw some pics of the Blue Z800 already in India also. Probably a website update.
Old 2nd October 2016, 10:38   #30
BHPian

Usually, a website update or change does not warrant the removal of the website which is already in place. It can be done while the old one is in place. If at all, it only requires a couple of hours to pull down the old site and put the new on one. Even if for other reasons, the website is removed usually a message which says "we are doing xxx, we will be back soon" or something like that comes up. This "comeback later" is an unusual message. Kawasaki's sales model is completely convoluted in India. It is a part of the menage a trois, the other two being Bajaj and KTM. While it is understandable that Kawasaki is a long time technology partner of Bajaj, the connection with KTM is the mystery. I can understand if Kawasaki is selling its Z250, Ninja300, Ninja650 and ER-6n from a Bajaj dealership. It is plain bizzare that they are sold from a KTM branded dealership. To complicate matters further Kawasaki has been setting up its own dealerships (albeit in a very slow manner) but is selling motorcycles starting with the Z800 to the ZX-14 R of which only the Z800 is selling in big numbers (by Kawasaki standards)

Kawasaki pays the rent for the showroom space; not the dealer. It assembles the Z250 and the Ninja300 in the old Akurdi factory of Bajaj's, something which Bajaj does not use anymore. Its a convoluted strategy and I doubt if this is paying off. I own a Z250 (prior to that I owned the Ninja250R). While the Ninja250Rs were sometimes visible on the road, till date I have not seen a single Z250, making me wonder if I am the sole owner of this model of motorcycle in Hyderabad. To complicate matters, at traffic signals people look up and down at the motorcycle and ask me in chaste Hyderabadi "Kawaski yeh kab se banara?" Or "Arey Ninja ko aisa banadiye aap?"

Only God knows what Kawasaki is doing in India. Kawasaki certainly does not know, of this I am sure. In the meanwhile some websites have been putting up news items like Kawasaki is going to launch the Estrella in India to take on Royal Enfield. And the best part is the price. They say insiders in Kawasaki have told them that it will be available from Rs1.5 lakhs to Rs2 lakhs. It is a bigger machine than the Z250 for which I paid Rs. 3.5 lakh. Kawasaki seems to move in mysterious ways. I will not be surprised if Kawasaki has decided to exit India and that is probably why the website is down. A more positive way of thinking would be that maybe they are doing something to celebrate their 120 years of existence. But why pull down the existing website for that? That remains unanswered. So the mystery remains.

Last edited by sadsack : 2nd October 2016 at 10:44.
sadsack is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks