Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 11:41   #1
BHPian

Why has Kawasaki's Indian website disappeared? EDIT: Back up!

First of all I am posting this in the Superbikes and Imports section since most of Kawasaki's bikes are big and most of them imported as CBUs. I hope my interpretation is right, otherwise my apologies to the moderators.

I just discovered that the official website of India Kawasaki Motor is no longer on the web. I tried www.kawasaki-india.com, and when nothing happened I searched on Google and the only web images if found are from the Ninja section of Bajaj auto and only the Ninja 650 and Ninja 300 details are available there. Usually if a website is being redone, there would be something like "we will be back soon" or "await the new experience" would be found. So it is really funny that Kawasaki's India operations have no web presence. Does any one what this is about or any information about Kawasaki's plans. I was trying to see when the Hyderabad showroom of Kawasaki would be inaugurated and suddenly I find this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
sadsack is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 13:01   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Why has Kawasaki's Indian website disappeared? EDIT: Back up!

How embarrassing. Even pinging that url results in a request time out.

Doesn't look like they're interested in maintaining an independent website for the brand. Kawasaki global lists Bajaj's website for India. What a poor decision from the branding point of view. It shouldn't cost more than 50 - 100k a year to have a dedicated Indian website. Their lack of attention-to-detail shows in the fact that the old url still doesn't have a forwarding set up .

Why has Kawasaki's Indian website disappeared? EDIT: Back up!-capture.png
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 18:30   #3
BHPian

Are they updating the website and adding new models? I think there was talk of the Versys 650 coming up soon (Sep 11??) and also the new colors on the Z800 (confirmed by dealer)....
Old 7th September 2015, 22:09   #4
BHPian

The Kawasaki India website was never the fastest or most useful source of information to begin with, but I do not understand how they've let their entire website crash.

OT, I don't get why many big vehicle manufacturers make their websites difficult to use and without all the information a customer would want.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 13:32   #5
BHPian

Just yesterday I tried checking their website and it didn't work. Was wondering how such a big company could just let their website go dead like that.

OT: if anyone has an email address of some higher-ups in Kawasaki India, could you please share the same with me? The Check engine light has been glowing on our Z800 and the gasbag of a service head in bangalore is shrugging it off saying its ok to use the bike. He has 3 bikes in blore with the same issue- Apparently that makes it ok to ignore the warning light and continue using the bike.
Old 8th September 2015, 16:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

@James
Have sent you a PM. Check it out.

I remember that Kawasaki India website was down when triumph detuning fiasco news broke out. I had thought that they have taken it down to check actual power figures
Now looks like they are updating it with some useful info. Registrar is Dentsu Webchutney Private Limited. Webchutney ???
djay99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 16:14   #7
BHPian

In today' time especially for a bike manufacturer looking for India as a current & future market, its disastrous to have this kind of corporate branding structure where potential buyers are left clueless of a brand's country specific website. I don't know what conspires this way of functioning at Kawasaki for India market - best wishes to them.
Old 8th September 2015, 18:07   #8
BHPian

Not very big of a surprise since they don't have presence in social media in this day and age. Add to that complete lack of channels to get through to the higher authorities.
Old 15th September 2015, 22:53   #9
BHPian

Guys, do correct me if the link below doesn't cover the footprint of kawasaki - India ?

http://www.khivrajkawasaki.com/
pratap.pratu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 22:55   #10
BHPian

And the actual Kawasaki.com does not have the ER6n anymore!! Only the Ninja 650, which isn't called ER6F anymore either.

My ER6n is an orphan now! Is anybody ready to buy it?
Old 16th September 2015, 10:58   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
Guys, do correct me if the link below doesn't cover the footprint of kawasaki - India ?

They probably moved to this. You are spot on as this website has the new colors of the Z800 also...
Old 16th September 2015, 11:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post

pratap.pratu, this is just the dealer website. Go to "Contact Us" and it points only to Khivraj Kawasaki showrooms. What if a Kawasaki owner / buyer / business prospect wanted to contact Kawasaki India directly? Does this website have those details? I didn't find them here mate, if you've seen them, please enlighten.
Old 16th September 2015, 11:19   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
They probably moved to this. You are spot on as this website has the new colors of the Z800 also...
The name is an easy give away. Its a nice dealer website and not a company website. The Contact link shows Khivraj showrooms in Bangalore.
Old 16th September 2015, 13:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Another dealer website: Kawasaki Pune

http://www.snkbajaj.com/kawasaki/index.html

Old 16th September 2015, 14:25   #15
BHPian

Interestingly, the dealer websites have wrong specs on the bikes. The Z1000 for example does not have riding modes nor does it have a three stage adjustable screen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks