Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 11:16   #61
BHPian

re: A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12

It is a joy to read a post like yours. The details are fascinating and so are the pictures. Do keep up the good work.
I also noticed- full riding gear and proper parking when you pull up to take pictures. Cool.
Am sure many propective owners will read this, be 'charged' to buy and will thank you.
-TherealslimKD.
Old 6th October 2015, 19:29   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
It is a joy to read a post like yours. The details are fascinating and so are the pictures. Do keep up the good work.
I also noticed- full riding gear and proper parking when you pull up to take pictures. Cool.
Am sure many propective owners will read this, be 'charged' to buy and will thank you.
-TherealslimKD.
Thank you very much for the kind words sir. I have been blessed with some good motorcycling friends who I can look up to and learn.

Plus the contribution of this forum in inspiring and keep my motivation going has been second to none.

Rachit
Old 17th October 2015, 18:37   #63
BHPian

Just Wanted to Say Congrats on owing this beautiful feast!
Could see your passion for it.

Great!
All the best for your rides!

Regards
Spark

Last edited by Spark : 17th October 2015 at 18:49.
Old 20th October 2015, 12:19   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Just Wanted to Say Congrats on owing this beautiful feast!
Could see your passion for it.

Great!
All the best for your rides!

Regards
Spark
Thank you very much sir..

Now for the updates:
I had planned a few accessories to go on the bike. After some reading and discussions with dealership and friends, I figured Radiator Guard and Frame Sliders are a must. I have always fancied those chopped tails on super bikes that give a complete view of the wide tyres and hence was really keen on getting a Tail Tidy for my bike too.

While researching, one more thing that I learned was motorcycle accessories from good brands are really expensive. I did go through a lot of Thai websites and honestly liked a few of them as well but somehow was not comfortable of ordering and payment methodoligies.

As luck would have it, one of my colleagues was to fly to UK for an office event. I really liked R&G racing stuff but found it to be exepnsive on US websites. R&G is a UK brand and hence was cheaper to order in UK. I ordered Frame Sliders and Radiator Guard and my colleague got it for me. Excellent service by R&G as they literally delivered the items very next day.

Now another of my US trips came up. I am really getting scared of these US trips of mine. Everytime I went this year I put a huge whole in my bank account and this time I was already zero. But then a guy has to do what a guy has to do. Got myself the Yoshimura Tail Tidy kit.

In addition I also got BILT riding jeans, and Alpinestar SMX-1 riding boots. I had Dainese riding pants but they are bulkier and are not that easy to use for everyday street riding. I had Alpinestar SMX-5 boots as well but since they were full length, I wanted to preserve them for future track days if they come. Also full length boots does restrict your foot movement on the pegs and in my opinion are more suitable for track or situations where you dont need to use rear brake. My first ride on the new shorter SMX-1 proved just that. I had much greater movement of feet from brake pedals to pegs. I could quickly switch feet through various positions and had much better feel of the rear brake lever and it just help me feel so much more comfortable and confident with the bike that I just started going crazy with the leans. It was revealation and I did not expect that. The riding jeans are pretty good as well. They are much thicker denims but are quite comfortable and has inbuilt knee protection. Initially I was interested in the one's available on Royal Enfield store as they were a bit cheaper but since I could try these, decided to pay a bit extra.

Overall a huge hole in the bank account again. Rather, wait there was no bank account already so hence a huge hole on the credit cards but absolutely worth it.
I was getting a very good deal on my dream helmet SHOE RF1200 too, but somehow thankfully was able to control otherwise my family would have to beg for food for the next couple of months.

Another excellent dealer experience. I got all 3 stuff fitted on the bike from the Wings Dealer. The Service guy Dilip is a real gem. I mean, if I knew this stuff and had the right tools too, I still would not have been able to do a better job than him. He is that good. Looking at your bike get treated like that just gives you so much pleasure. One huge shocker was the labour charges. The labour charges for fitting these 3 things including taxes was nearly 2800 plus 300 for chain cleaning and lubing. Thankfully for some winter camp by Honda that I got 50% rebate on Labour and free chain clean and lube and paid 1400.

I wouldnt mind paying 300 to Dilip for chain lubing as the attention he shows for this task is simply a pleasure to watch. He generally takes half an hour just to clean and lube the chain.

Damages:
R&G Radiator Guard - Around 6K
R&G Frame Sliders - Around 9K
Yoshi Tail Tidy - Around 9K
Alpinestar SMX-1 - Around 10K
BILT Riding Jeans - Around 5.5K
Fitting - 1400

Now for some pictures:
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img_4079.jpg
I dont know why this piece of metal should cost 6K. But this is the aluminium one. There was a stainless steel one as well but was 2K even more expensive.

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img_4080.jpg

I somehow feel that they dont stick out as much as they should considering how high they are in the bike. In case of a fall they wouldnt be able to protect the lower part of fairing. In all my research I could only find one Frame slider from thailand which I saw in a youtube video whose position I really liked and was much lower and needed a bracket to fit. But one of the comments on that video said it was local made one and hence I didnt knew how I could have gotten it.

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img_4081.jpg

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img_4082.jpg

My biggest fear actually came true. The number plate frame is smaller than our regular size number plates. A high security number plate wouldnt fit in the frame. I had to basically get a car number plate cut so that it could fit. Also, this tail tidy has LED lights but shockingly such an expensive kit requires a wire to be cut for those LEDs. R&G one had a socket and didnt require the wire cut but I really liked the look of this. Dilip soldered the connection so should be good.
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img_4085.jpg

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img_4086.jpg

Looks nice though?
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-img_4087.jpg

The only thing left is to get rid of the front number plate and get the number written on the windscreen. That will do it for me till the time I can get these credit card companies of my back. One of which happens to be my employer.

Rachit

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 20th October 2015 at 12:22.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 15:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Rachit. Thailand is the place to go for CBR shopping, you have so many options.

Incase you are passing by Pattaya, I can give you a good place to shop at and become bankrupt. . Try PRC Pit stop in Pattaya. They are into Harley leasing and big bikes, but do a lot of CBRs mods. Good friend.
Old 20th October 2015, 19:24   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Awesome Rachit. Thailand is the place to go for CBR shopping, you have so many options.

Incase you are passing by Pattaya, I can give you a good place to shop at and become bankrupt. . Try PRC Pit stop in Pattaya. They are into Harley leasing and big bikes, but do a lot of CBRs mods. Good friend.
Thank you very much brother. I will surely keep the shop in mind if I go in that direction.

Rachit
Old 20th October 2015, 20:00   #67
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Good stuff Rachit and much required as well. Regarding the prices of branded parts - I noticed the same when I was looking for parts for the Z. Branded parts and much more expensive than any of the unbranded ones. But You would agree too - that they are worth it and the build quality is awesome.

The tail tidy actually changes the look from the rear. The only thing holding me back from fitting a tail tidy is I don't want the wiring to be visible since the indicators have to be mounted on the tail tidy. I already have the tail tidy and a branded frame slider lined up next on my list. Could you please post some close up pics of the indicators wiring post installing the tail tidy.
Old 20th October 2015, 20:28   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Good stuff Rachit and much required as well. Regarding the prices of branded parts - I noticed the same when I was looking for parts for the Z. Branded parts and much more expensive than any of the unbranded ones. But You would agree too - that they are worth it and the build quality is awesome.

The tail tidy actually changes the look from the rear. The only thing holding me back from fitting a tail tidy is I don't want the wiring to be visible since the indicators have to be mounted on the tail tidy. I already have the tail tidy and a branded frame slider lined up next on my list. Could you please post some close up pics of the indicators wiring post installing the tail tidy.
I absolutely agree sir that branded one's are worth it because the day you end up needing them is the day you might end up thanking them the most. Plus the look and feel and build quality goes a long way in the aesthetics of things as well.

I will surely try to get the pics for you. Some of them are available online as well. The wiring is as such not visible from side and its only when you bend down is when you would be able to see the wiring. Plus they are well shielded so I am hoping there should not be issues of water splashing or anything spoiling any electrical circuit.

Rachit
Old 20th October 2015, 22:58   #69
BHPian

Hey Rachit she looks more slick now.... cant wait to see her
Old 20th October 2015, 23:47   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Hey Rachit she looks more slick now.... cant wait to see her

Thanks bro. Lets catch up on the weekend.

I cant wait to show her off too.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 00:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just be careful of your pants being soggy from the rain splash if you ride in the rain. And don't even bother carrying a pillion then unless you want a lot of curses from them :P

The frame sliders aren't really of much help with modern bikes where the engine cover takes the bront of the fall mostly. The fairings are designed to slide too as was noticed by a 650 forum member. I would recommend investing into the MRA Touring windscreen next, not only do they take some wind off the chest but they also make the bike look a lot better from the front. A member has posted his pics today at the forum if you want to get a rough ideal.

The tail tidy looks great btw. Good luck
Old 21st October 2015, 03:45   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Just be careful of your pants being soggy from the rain splash if you ride in the rain. And don't even bother carrying a pillion then unless you want a lot of curses from them :P

The frame sliders aren't really of much help with modern bikes where the engine cover takes the bront of the fall mostly. The fairings are designed to slide too as was noticed by a 650 forum member. I would recommend investing into the MRA Touring windscreen next, not only do they take some wind off the chest but they also make the bike look a lot better from the front. A member has posted his pics today at the forum if you want to get a rough ideal.

The tail tidy looks great btw. Good luck
Thank you very much brother. I too was very keen on the MRA touring windshield. Rather I am still quite keen on them. Its just that they were not readily available at Revzilla and plus I had burnt enough cash already is why decided to wait.

Hopefully will get it next year.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 19:10   #73
BHPian

Some updates:

An evening ride on the Gurgaon Faridabad Road.
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-image22_1.jpeg

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-image21_1.jpeg

Gulshan Dhaba in Murthal with friends.
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-image28_1.jpeg

Revzilla sticker added
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-image23_1.jpeg

Front number plate removed
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-image26_1.jpeg

Please zoom. T-BHP on the rear number plate.
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-image25_1.jpeg

Warming up for the early morning ride.
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-image24_1.jpeg

A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-image27_1.jpeg

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 23:32   #74
BHPian

Good stuff man. I'm also contemplating getting a radiator guard and a taller windscreen (maybe).

I only just completed 2000km recently on mine. Loving it so far -especially on the highway. Will post a review soon.
Old 4th November 2015, 23:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Good stuff man. I'm also contemplating getting a radiator guard and a taller windscreen (maybe).

I only just completed 2000km recently on mine. Loving it so far -especially on the highway. Will post a review soon.
Cool Man. I have done around 2600 Kms till now.
Yeah, I am also awaiting your ownership thread.

Don't keep us waiting for long.

Rachit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks