Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:51   #16
BHPian

Great looking bikes and the power/torque boost will really make them aspirational. The heat exchanger out front does spoil the look a bit though!
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Splendid efforts by the Triumph folks. Will be interesting to see how they finally price these products. Also most importantly i hope they address the two most important issues for India.
1)For Gods sake put a Fuel cap with Lock and introduce a single key for entire bike
2) Improve the Ground clearance for the notorious indian roads
There are much bigger problems that Triumph India needs to solve!

Also I doubt that they will change anything in the bike, its global so it will be launched as-is. And they will sell an aftermarket fuel filler cap!
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 15:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thought my next bike would be a Tiger but seems it might be a Thruxton R
1200 cc with ABS, rider modes, etc might make it a 10lac bike.

jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 19:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

What I wouldn't do to make the Thruxton R my next bike. I'm absolutely in love with it. But my experience with Triumph India has been so horrid so far it scares me from having to deal with them for another machine. I'd rather start looking at the used market and pick up the old Thruxton for less than half the cost of the new one. It will only be used for in city rides anyway. Saved money can be put towards an italian.
Old 10th November 2015, 20:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
What I wouldn't do to make the Thruxton R my next bike. I'm absolutely in love with it. But my experience with Triumph India has been so horrid so far it scares me from having to deal with them for another machine. I'd rather start looking at the used market and pick up the old Thruxton for less than half the cost of the new one. It will only be used for in city rides anyway. Saved money can be put towards an italian.
Can you pls share some experience. Some of us Harley owners in ncr were planning to sell our Harleys and move to triumph on account of the callous attitude of HD India.
Old 11th November 2015, 00:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Can you pls share some experience. Some of us Harley owners in ncr were planning to sell our Harleys and move to triumph on account of the callous attitude of HD India.

Check my ownership thread. Its been a mess and I've completely given up. Will be adding some recent experience soon where they sold something that I ordered because someone came to the showroom and paid cash! Check screenshotNext-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447181336.403986.jpg

Coming back to topic though, they are offering 50k off Speed because of the new one. I'm sure similar discounts should be offered on the Bonnies as-well, but assume the launch is sometime away because have not heard of any such offers.
Old 11th November 2015, 10:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Check my ownership thread. Its been a mess and I've completely given up. Will be adding some recent experience soon where they sold something that I ordered because someone came to the showroom and paid cash! Check screenshotAttachment 1437910

Coming back to topic though, they are offering 50k off Speed because of the new one. I'm sure similar discounts should be offered on the Bonnies as-well, but assume the launch is sometime away because have not heard of any such offers.
Thanks....Will check your report. We are all planning to pick tigers
Old 11th November 2015, 18:25   #23
BHPian

Seems like a pretty botched up scenario. Completely opposite of what i have had with Triumph Mumbai. Fingers crossed. Hope they sort things out for you.
Old 11th December 2015, 09:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

The pricing and first ride impressions are out and looks like Triumph has yet another winner on their hands!

Street Twin will start, in the Jet Black colorway, at $8700. For Aluminum Silver, Cranberry Red, Matte Black or Phantom Black MSRP will be $8950.

The Bonneville T120 and Bonneville T120 Black in Jet Black will start at $11,500. The T120 in Cinder Red will cost $11,750 while dual tone Cranberry Red and Aluminum Silver or Jet Black and Pure White options will price at $12,000. The T120 Black in Matte Graphite lists at $11,750. Base price for the new T120s is more than $3000 above the standard air-cooled, 865cc Bonneville.

Pricing information for the Thruxton and Thruxton R will be revealed at a later date.

Source: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2015/1...-t120-pricing/

First ride reviews of the Street Twin:
Nice to see how Triumph opted for a more grown up 'less hp-more torque' approach. They didn't get dragged into the childish horsepower battle. I will let the charts do the talking.
Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-imageuploadedbyteambhp1449806097.161541.jpg
Triumph's marketers say buyers of the Street Twin won't care that the old 865cc engine is rated at 68 hp at 7500 rpm (and 50 lb-ft torque at 5800), compared to the new 900cc engine's claimed 54 hp at 5900 rpm but nearly 60 lb-ft at 3200.

Next-gen Triumph Bonneville family revealed-imageuploadedbyteambhp1449806115.128799.jpg
It's all about the torque with the new Street Twin motor. It's lights out at 7000 rpm, 1000 rpm sooner than the old Bonneville. But it''s making nearly 60 lb-ft of torque at only 3200 rpm, to the old bike's 50 at 5800 rpm. (The chart is Newton meters.)

Full details here:
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...de-review.html

And here:
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2015/1...t-ride-review/
shyn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 17:56   #25
BHPian

a salesman at the chennai showroom wasn't able to comment on the launch of the new range but did seem very sure of a steep hike in prices. i suspect the street twin will take the financial spot of the current bonny with the t120 placed at least a lakh plus above. i'm investing in either a triumph bonny 120 black or a ducati scrambler classic in January 2017; I'll just pretend the price hikes in the mean while aren't real :-(
Old 13th December 2015, 02:46   #26
BHPian

This bike should be ticking all the right boxes for a lot of new as well as experienced riders. Here is a new ride review of the Street Twin

Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 15:48   #27
Team-BHP Support

Triumph has announced that it has started accepting bookings for the new range of Bonneville motorcycles in India. The booking amount has been pegged at Rs. 1 lakh.

The new Bonneville family was revealed in October 2015. It consists of five models - the Street Twin, Bonneville T120, Bonneville T120 Black, Thruxton and Thruxton R.

The Street Twin is powered by a 900cc, twin-cylinder engine that produces 54 BHP @ 5,900 rpm and 80 Nm of torque @ 3,200 rpm.

The Bonneville T120 and T120 Black draw power from a 1,200cc, 8-valve, twin-cylinder engine that makes 105 Nm of torque @ 3,100 rpm.

The Thruxton uses a 1,200cc, twin-cylinder engine as well. The unit produces 120 Nm of torque @ 4,950 rpm.

At present, Triumph has 12 dealerships in India. They are located in Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Indore, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kochi.

Triumph will display its motorcycles at the 2016 Auto Expo at hall no. H6, stall E26.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 16:38   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Adi !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Triumph has announced that it has started accepting bookings for the new range of Bonneville motorcycles in India. The booking amount has been pegged at Rs. 1 lakh.
Oh! Launched products command 50K more as booking amount? It was 50,000 before. I think this amount will vary dealership-wise

Quote:
The new Bonneville family was revealed in October 2015. It consists of five models - the Street Twin, Bonneville T120, Bonneville T120 Black, Thruxton and Thruxton R.
Quote:
The Street Twin is powered by a 900cc, twin-cylinder engine that produces 54 BHP @ 5,900 rpm and 80 Nm of torque @ 3,200 rpm.
Pathetic. Bumped up the cubic capacity and reduced the HP by 10?

But, what they are playing with its already awesome torque curve. I think this model of Bonnie will continue to shine

Quote:
The Bonneville T120 and T120 Black draw power from a 1,200cc, 8-valve, twin-cylinder engine that makes 105 Nm of torque @ 3,100 rpm.
Woah! That torque can pull a locomotive train. Btw, is Triumph learning from Harley and not releasing HP figures?

Quote:
The Thruxton uses a 1,200cc, twin-cylinder engine as well. The unit produces 120 Nm of torque @ 4,950 rpm.
Thrux must have sold in single digits in 2 years. They should have brought the Scambler instead

What are the specs for Thrux R?

Some reliable sources that I know peg the prices as follows for these new models :

Street Twin : 7.20 Lakhs OTR

T120 : 9.00 Lakhs OTR

I think that's a sweet pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Thanks....Will check your report. We are all planning to pick tigers
Himanshu....Have you and your group booked the Tigers?

Hope to ride one when we meet next

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th January 2016 at 17:43. Reason: Merging Posts as I didn't realize last post was also mine ;)
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 09:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

No Avi- no tigers- the Triumph dealership in Delhi is super unresponsive so we decided to drop this option. One guy has already picked up a streeb Bob, Im waiting for the Custom 1200 launch next month, and yet another is looking to go Italian- a la Ducati
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks