Team-BHP - Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/171682-kawasaki-versys-650-launched-rs-6-6-lakh-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vprabu (Post 3891553)
Just a quick question. Does this guy come with immobilizer? It seems Chennai is getting its bike first in the Adyar showroom and not where I booked. Wondering, if I should have booked there. Cursing myself

I don't think it comes with Immobilizer

However, in current age, most vehicles are making this a standard feature so that engine doesn't start with any other key than provided at delivery so you can never know and would be good point to ask the dealership

Look forward to your detailed feedback on dimension, quality, height etc and ofcourse, date of delivery:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj.barcode (Post 3891840)
Did check out versys yesterday, it was on display in one of the ktm showrooms.
Seems like a very practical bike.with decent power and bullet proof engine.

Points to consider.
decent looking and amazing road presence.
The color is a bit of a let down as only black is available .
I am close to 6 feet tall but only toes reach the ground, making it one of tallest 650cc bikes around.
Built quality is amazing .
Suspension Adjustments via a knob is amazing feature
Very comfortable for pillion as well

If not for my z800, my money would have been on versys 650

Thanks for feedback. How do you compare the quality with your Z800?

From what you describe the bike looks almost same as Versys 1000 which is a good thing as I am really hoping this bike is "Big and Tall" so that I can look puny on it:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3891884)
Thanks for feedback. How do you compare the quality with your Z800?

From what you describe the bike looks almost same as Versys 1000 which is a good thing as I am really hoping this bike is "Big and Tall" so that I can look puny on it:D

It looks very similar to 1000 ( the showroom was independent of Kawasaki. so 1000 was not there for exact comparison)Since seat height of both is 840mm is if am not wrong.
Versys 100 wheelbase is slightly longer, at least it looks like that. But where versys 650 scores over 1000 is clearance of 170mm vs 150 mm.

Built quality seems better than ninja 650 and closer to z 800/1000. we already have some mods planned on versys as my close friend booked one yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj.barcode (Post 3891899)
It looks very similar to 1000 ( the showroom was independent of Kawasaki. so 1000 was not there for exact comparison)

Hi there,

Are you referring to a showroom in Bangalore, if yes, which one?

Thanks
Surajit

Checked out the Versys 650 today. It was a customer bike being readied for delivery. Sat on the bike after taking permission from the owner. It is pretty tall and even after me being 6 feet tall, feet weren't fully touching the ground. Also sat on the Triumph Tiger XR today and somehow the seat height on it felt a little lower and I could plant my feet on the ground fully. Not sure if it is anything to do with the seat height as I don't know if any of these bikes has adjustable seat.

Display bike is available in most of the KTM showrooms in Bangalore and I guess will be delivered within 10 days of booking. They seems to have stocked many bike at their stock yard hoping good number of bookings. Looks like they will take couple of days for delivery as they are awaiting RTO clearance as it is a new bike.

The bike fits the bill well and definitely value for money at that price range. But the bike did not strike the chord with my better half when she saw the bike. She is used to Harley and definitely cannot compare these practical bikes to Harley. While I was ready with the booking amount came back home without booking as I wanted to give it one more thought between Tiger / Versys and now may be a Harley again.

Heart and mind seems to be inclined towards Versys and may book it tomorrow. Let's see how it goes. Will keep you all posted.

Yesterday, I happened to pass the DSK Benelli showroom here and we stopped to check out the 600i and 600 GT

I was curious to check out the 600 GT. It looked bulky and shapeless and looks absolutely horrid from front ( especially with those stock crash guards) but, when astride the bike didn't feel that heavy (243 kgs) but, the quality didn't feel that great

I liked the 600i better, it looked well proportioned and those exhausts tucked into and above the rear tyre looks really mean

Both were on some after-market exhausts and I4 really sounds sweet and was tempted just for that soundtrack:D

600GT is priced at 7.35L OTR (without Pannier) and 7.80L ( with pannier) and 600i is priced at 6.85 L OTR

Wish they had launched this a couple of years ago

Well, due to Sankranthi festival Kawasaki showroom was closed yesterday but, the V650 has reached Hyderabad and is still uncrated and in their godown. It will be on display at the showroom tomorrow :)

Waiting for more feedbacks from members who have seen it !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3892261)
I liked the 600i better, it looked well proportioned and those exhausts tucked into and above the rear tyre looks really mean

600i in red looks gorgeous and even stock exhaust has sound punchy note and not dull like few I4 bikes out there.

Quote:

Well, due to Sankranthi festival Kawasaki showroom was closed yesterday but, the V650 has reached Hyderabad and is still uncrated and in their godown. It will be on display at the showroom tomorrow :)
Kawasaki dealership in Kachiguda selling Versys650?

We (Wifey and me) went to the Andheri showroom to check out the Versys650 and were happy to see the mighty presence of the bike. I have seen the V1000 before and the V650 is definitely a tad smaller in presence when compared, however the ER6N looks like a dwarf bike when placed next to it.
It was a customer bike so test ride was out of question, however the kind showroom fellow was willing to give us a ride on his own ER6N (for the feel of the engine)..to which we politely refused. He could clearly see that we were interested only in riding the Versys for which he assured us later that he could arrange one near his godown at a later date.
We were however allowed to swing a leg over the bike to check the ergos. Happy to report that the ergos are spot on. I am a tad above 5'9 and could comfortably put both feet on the floor. Wifey had to climb on the rear footrest to swing her leg. The rider pegs are placed perfectly in the centre. Handlebar is comfy high for the reach so you sit upright.
Quality of switch gear, display, colour, fit and finish is all top notch as reported before and with the upgraded equipment provided one doesn't feel the pinch of the extra dough over N650.
Deliveries have started and normally a bike would be delivered in 15 days after all formalities.
OTR for Mumbai is 7.42L
OTR for Thane is 7.16L
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by schitre05 (Post 3892520)
We (Wifey and me) went to the Andheri showroom to check out the Versys650 and were happy to see the mighty presence of the bike. I have seen the V1000 before and the V650 is definitely a tad smaller in presence when compared, however the ER6N looks like a dwarf bike when placed next to it.

Dimensions wise just 4 inches shorter in length and width is shorter by 3". This is due to twin cylinder compared to I4. The height remains the same. So, it should look almost the same from a distance. So, the big USP is that people will feel they are getting a big bike for 7.5L. I am sure no other bike would come close to this size in this mid-segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dust_Harl (Post 3892183)
Heart and mind seems to be inclined towards Versys and may book it tomorrow. Let's see how it goes. Will keep you all posted.

I know your a fan of Harley bikes. Good luck on your decision:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 3892318)
Kawasaki dealership in Kachiguda selling Versys650?

Djay, I see your location is Hyderabad? Did you move from Bangalore? And, why did you sell your Z800?

Kawasaki dealer in Kacheguda sells only CBUs ( 800cc and more). Versys 650 must have landed by transport (assuming train/truck) and railway station is literally 300 meters away from showroom and there are many godowns in Bagh Amberpet and Amberpet

It will be transported to Begumpet showroom today and will be on display today late afternoon onwards

Quote:

Originally Posted by schitre05 (Post 3892520)
Happy to report that the ergos are spot on. I am a tad above 5'9 and could comfortably put both feet on the floor. Wifey had to climb on the rear footrest to swing her leg. The rider pegs are placed perfectly in the centre. Handlebar is comfy high for the reach so you sit upright. Quality of switch gear, display, colour, fit and finish is all top notch as reported before and with the upgraded equipment provided one doesn't feel the pinch of the extra dough over N650.

Amansanc mentioned he is 6 feet and couldn't place his feet completely on ground.

When I checked the V1000, I was just about to place both feet flat on ground ( but, just about). I am 6ft. 1in

So booked the bike?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amansanc (Post 3892080)
Checked out the Versys 650 today. It was a customer bike being readied for delivery. Sat on the bike after taking permission from the owner. It is pretty tall and even after me being 6 feet tall, feet weren't fully touching the ground. Also sat on the Triumph Tiger XR today and somehow the seat height on it felt a little lower and I could plant my feet on the ground fully. Not sure if it is anything to do with the seat height as I don't know if any of these bikes has adjustable seat.

The comparison feedback is good. So Versys 650 is taller at rider position than the Tiger XR. So when is your bike being delivered?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3892727)

The comparison feedback is good. So Versys 650 is taller at rider position than the Tiger XR. So when is your bike being delivered?

Yes. That is what I felt. The Tiger XR's seat height was a wee bit lower. I am not in the market for a bike. Went with a friend who wanted to have a look at the ER-6N and a couple of Triumph bikes. You seem to be quite excited about the Versys though. When are you booking yours? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3892737)
I am in the market for a bike. Hence, the interest.

Booking will happen after riding the bike and that can happen only when Kawasaki is kind enough to bestow a test ride to me. So will be twiddling my fingers till then :)

Oh okay. When I enquired about a test ride at the showroom in Mumbai, the showroom owner directly said that our bikes don't need a test ride to be sold. Customers keep booking and we keep delivering bikes. They didn't have a test ride bike for any of the Kawasaki bikes. That made my friend remove the ER-6N from consideration completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amansanc (Post 3892734)
You seem to be quite excited about the Versys though. When are you booking yours?

Booking will happen after riding the bike and that can happen only when Kawasaki is kind enough to bestow a test ride to me. So will be twiddling my fingers till then :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3892737)

Dont expect test rides anytime soon. You might be given other 650 bikes and definitely not Versys in the near future. Their argument is going to be "it is the same engine sir. Only stance is different".

Samething happened when I got my Harley. They had only Superlow for test ride and not Iron. However these two bikes are fundamentally different in characteristics though they share the same engine. I hated the Superlow after the test ride and there was always a fear in my mind what if I hated Iron too. Thankfully Iron was was way better. Same story repeats here.

Quote:

Display bike is available in most of the KTM showrooms in Bangalore
Are you definitely sure the bike is available for display? If yes, will try and visit the Indiranagar Showroom. When i enquired last week, they said it will arrive by end of Jan.

Quote:

It is pretty tall and even after me being 6 feet tall,
Quote:

I am close to 6 feet tall but only toes reach the ground, making it one of tallest 650cc bikes around.
With everyone close to 6 feet, i am getting height complex now. :D

Quote:

OTR for Mumbai is 7.42L
OTR for Thane is 7.16L
OTR for Bangalore is 7.77. (Buy Versys in Thane and get a brand new HERO Splendor FREE! When compared to Bangalore. :Shockked: coudnt resit posting this.)
Quote:

Tiger Xr is a lower then XC series. Moreover, i think it has two position adjustment for seat height and most of the test ride bikes are set to lower position. The front part where the seat hugs the tank is a bit wide, which results in the rider thighs opening a tad bit more, making the bike feel even taller.

Saw the bike last weekend, looks much better in real and finish also is not bad for the price. Seat height is definitely on the higher side, its very similar to Tiger but felt the overall set up was little more compact. Engine note is typical muted 2 cylinder Jap one, but should be again should work to its advantage as a comfortable tourer.