Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/171682-kawasaki-versys-650-launched-rs-6-6-lakh.html)

//M 24th December 2015 14:31

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh
 
3 Attachment(s)
Glad to know ABS is standard. :thumbs up

Launched at 6.6 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi !

Panniers are an optional extra and black seems to be the only colour shade on offer.

Attachment 1452999

Attachment 1452998

danlalan 24th December 2015 15:05

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
Good pricing. Thats 7.2L aprox mumbai.
But colors are disappointing. They could have come with a green or white.

And the used bike market will now see a lot of 650's.

nasirkaka 24th December 2015 15:06

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
1.2L Over the Ninja 650, in my opinion a bit overpriced, especially in context. Equipment wise, there is no major difference except the ABS to justify the price difference of 1.2L. Should have thrown some goodies like hand guard, to make us happy. Wishful thinking. :)
Its time to work out the finances now. How much would 6.6 ExS amount to OnRoad in Bangalore (approx)? About 7.5L? Good part is that the accessories such as panniers will be separately available.

Jaggu 24th December 2015 15:10

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3877183)
Its time to work out the fiances now. How much would 6.6 ExS amount to OnRoad in Bangalore (approx)? Good part is that the accessories such as panniers will be separately available.

7.3 to 7.5 would be the on road price i think, with taxes, insurance added up.

Price wise i feel its at a sweet spot, esp since you don't have a comparable product at this price range. I think ill take a test ride and comment further, personally i would prefer a lil more cc :)

hifisharu 24th December 2015 15:12

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
@nasirkaka, this article is aimed exactly at answering your question.
http://overdrive.in/reviews/how-the-...can-s-cruiser/

Quote:

Itís the extra space, extra adjustability, ABS and physical size that will push the cost of the Versys up. Note especially the suspension, thatís a fair bit more expensive than the base kit on the Ninja 650. Thatís what youíll pay for in price difference terms Ė Rs 1.1 lakh is our estimate of the price gain over the Ninja 650.
All the best for your purchase:thumbs up

//M 24th December 2015 15:12

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3877183)
1.2L Over the Ninja 650, in my opinion a bit overpriced, especially in context. Equipment wise, there is no major difference except the ABS to justify the price difference of 1.2L. Should have thrown some goodies like hand guard, to make us happy. Wishful thinking. :)
Its time to work out the finances now. How much would 6.6 ExS amount to OnRoad in Bangalore (approx)? About 7.5L? Good part is that the accessories such as panniers will be separately available.

Same thoughts !

A little overpriced, should have been lower by about 25-30 K considering that there is no major difference between the Versys and Ninja except ABS and a longer travel suspension. Ideally a difference of 80 K between the Ninja and the Versys should have been perfect and justified.

danlalan 24th December 2015 15:14

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
Smart, The panniers are from ninja1000 or the versys1000.

djay99 24th December 2015 15:30

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3877183)
1.2L Over the Ninja 650, in my opinion a bit overpriced, especially in context. Equipment wise, there is no major difference except the ABS to justify the price difference of 1.2L. Should have thrown some goodies like hand guard, to make us happy. Wishful thinking. :)
Its time to work out the finances now. How much would 6.6 ExS amount to OnRoad in Bangalore (approx)? About 7.5L? Good part is that the accessories such as panniers will be separately available.

I was expecting 1L over N650 as this one has better hardware- Adjustable Suspension, USD Forks, ABS Brakes & few others.

Should cost you about 7.8L OTR Bangalore:

Ex-showroom Blr 6.75L
Road Tax - 89K
Insurance+Handling - 15K

nasirkaka 24th December 2015 15:35

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
Quote:

Itís the extra space, extra adjustability, ABS and physical size that will push the cost of the Versys up. Note especially the suspension, thatís a fair bit more expensive than the base kit on the Ninja 650. Thatís what youíll pay for in price difference terms Ė Rs 1.1 lakh is our estimate of the price gain over the Ninja 650.
At this point in time, personally, a good suspension is one of the most important feature i am looking at. Hope the suspension on the versys justified the cost. On international forums, many have not so kind words about the 2015 versys suspension, and some have replace the entire system with new aftermarket setups.

Quote:

Smart, The panniers are from ninja1000 or the versys1000.
Versys 650 LT has its own lockable panniers operated with a single key. Guess they will be retailing the same as an accessory with a separate key set.

Quote:

I was expecting 1L over N650 as this one has better hardware- Adjustable Suspension, USD Forks, ABS Brakes & few others.

Should cost you about 7.8L OTR Bangalore:

Ex-showroom Blr 6.75L
Road Tax - 89K
Insurance+Handling - 15K
Opps! under 7.5 OTR would be Ideal, but will go ahead after having a good look at the bike anyways. :)

sammyboy 24th December 2015 15:44

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nasirkaka (Post 3877211)
At this point in time, personally, a good suspension is one of the most important feature i am looking at. Hope the suspension on the versys justified the cost. On international forums, many have not so kind words about the 2015 versys suspension, and some have replace the entire system with new aftermarket setups.

Good point, but the roads in India are in a league of their own :D. Internationally the riders look for off road terrain, here we look for roads.
I am hoping it would be what the suspension has been made to handle.

The only thing now to look at is the availability of the bikes for Test rides.

vanam 24th December 2015 15:45

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India?
 
A 1.2l increase over the Ninja 650 seems high but taken in the context of the Triumph Tiger range (although those are more powerful triples) this seems to be a fair pricing. For the price however, different colour options should have been available and as basic accessories such as guards should have been given. While I have had my eye on this launch for a while, I hope they offer test rides as I don't intend to book anything without a test ride. Should be close to 8 OTR Bangalore.

Aditya 24th December 2015 16:21

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh
 
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched in India at Rs. 6.6 lakh - posts moved to a new thread.

barcalad 24th December 2015 16:22

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh
 
I think that this bike has been priced really well. The need of the hour for the Indian Pro-Biker was a reputed, rugged and proper tourer in the 650cc range and Kawasaki seems to have delivered what was expected of it. Well done!

I like the presence of ABS as standard and also that the Panniers shall be available as accessories.
However, they could have done with more colour shades (and not just one) and could have also made dual purpose tyres available as an optional. Reckon there will be many who'll switch tyres immediately post delivery.

Regardless, this is a motorcycle that won't erase the N650 off your heads any time soon. :)

djay99 24th December 2015 16:39

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh
 
Versys 650 makes slightly less power than N650 (68BHP Vs 72BHP)

Kawasaki India website reports Telescopic forks for Versys instead of USD and 41mm long travel suspension. I believe Z800 has 41mm travel suspension and how can 41mm be long one?
Good to see Versys equipped with Nissin brakes than not so good tokico on N650.

Jaggu 24th December 2015 17:17

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 3877255)
Kawasaki India website reports Telescopic forks for Versys instead of USD and 41mm long travel suspension.

"Inverted" Telescopic forks, inverted means upside down (USD). Travel yes z800 also has 41 mm travel listed, but how it is set up would be very different am sure.

EDIT: Wait its not travel! 41 mm is the dia!! what was i thinking lol


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:24.