Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2018, 11:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha MT-09. Edit: Launched at 10.2L ex-Delhi

And whats funny is that there is no dealer authorized for MT09 in Mumbai. I called the dealer in Nagpur and he is still stuck on the 10.88 ex show room price with the OTR being 13lacs. But he was a bit more forthcoming on the details - the bikes booked now by 28th Mar will be shipped from Japan on 27th May'18.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 12:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I checked with Monarch Automobiles and the OTR in Pune for MT 09 is now 11.95lacs. If the bookings are made by 28th Mar, the delivery will happen by 1st week of July. Seems pretty competitive to me - just no bikes for test rides or even display.
Do they have the last generation MT 09 for a test ride? At least you can get a feel of the ergonomics and the engine. I wanted to check it out as well.
Old 26th March 2018, 10:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Do they have the last generation MT 09 for a test ride? At least you can get a feel of the ergonomics and the engine. I wanted to check it out as well.
Nope - the last one they had was sold a month ago as per the dealer. And there will not be any display bikes until some units land in India which isn't going to be any sooner than June. But ergonomics based on the reviews / videos are similar to our street bikes - e.g. Pulsar. You are "on" the bike than "in" it which will come naturally to us if the move is from a Bullet / Bonnie or Pulsar / Benelli (300?) kind of bikes with upright / tall seating. Those are the 2 closest i could think of. My riding will be in the city mostly with occasional highway rides which are fine. The other way round - the world is going gaga over the Z900 or GSX750 and deservedly so cause both are sublime to ride. But both have a few sq centimeter patch for a pillion seat and a pillion seat is what i need as a standard fitment

Edit: All the googling and not 1 ownership thread for the MT09?

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 26th March 2018 at 10:18.
Old 26th March 2018, 11:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Nope - the last one they had was sold a month ago as per the dealer. And there will not be any display bikes until some units land in India which isn't going to be any sooner than June. But ergonomics based on the reviews / videos are similar to our street bikes - e.g. Pulsar. You are "on" the bike than "in" it which will come naturally to us if the move is from a Bullet / Bonnie or Pulsar / Benelli (300?) kind of bikes with upright / tall seating. Those are the 2 closest i could think of. My riding will be in the city mostly with occasional highway rides which are fine. The other way round - the world is going gaga over the Z900 or GSX750 and deservedly so cause both are sublime to ride. But both have a few sq centimeter patch for a pillion seat and a pillion seat is what i need as a standard fitment

I fancy the MT-09 more as a real world superbike over those two. It's just got so much usable torque. And it'll be comfortable to ride around, with an upright riding position. Agree with you on the usable pillion seat. I would like to use it for practical purposes as well, which would involve riding two-up.

I'm planning on a big bike next year, so hopefully will get to see and ride it first. Maybe get first hand feedback from you.

There are a lot of reviews on YouTube. Almost all of them involve swearing and wheelies.
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 15:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if you've already seen this ownership review from Pune: https://motohive.in/yamaha-mt09-ownership-review/
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 20:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Not sure if you've already seen this ownership review from Pune: https://motohive.in/yamaha-mt09-ownership-review/
The 2018 MT09 is much improved yet not fully where it should be. The reviews still say you are mostly wrestling with the bike at anything around triple digit speeds and the suspension still isnt what it should be to match the potential of the engine. Overall, the bike gets tiring to ride after a couple of hours. Engine heat remains an issue but i believe its universal. So am going to bide my time before i take the plunge. The bikes land on 27th May in Delhi and i will take a call closer to this date.
Old 5th March 2019, 00:02   #37
BANNED

This is such a delicious bike. From what I understand, the torque on this bike is a binary. It is either on or off!! Almost every one of the reviews online talk about how this bike scares the ever living tish out of them.

And get this, there are 3 dealers in Chennai, and one each in Surat and Nagpur; but zero dealerships in Mumbai for this bike. Wow!! Really, no one in Mumbai loaded enough to open a Yamaha superbike dealership?

https://www.yamaha-motor-india.com/n...earch-cbu.html
mohansrides is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 08:59   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
And get this, there are 3 dealers in Chennai, and one each in Surat and Nagpur; but zero dealerships in Mumbai for this bike. Wow!! Really, no one in Mumbai loaded enough to open a Yamaha superbike dealership?

https://www.yamaha-motor-india.com/n...earch-cbu.html
Well Kerala doesnt get a dealership either. Meanwhile Kawasaki (which is on track to open 2 more dealerships in the state),Triumph, Ducati, HD and others are all doing relatively well for themselves with showrooms in Cochin. The R1 has always been a big favourite in this part of the country but you cant buy one. Sigh!
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks