Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 08:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2016 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The forum is a KB for readers and info like this helps people save their hard earned cash.

The fuel gauge and the 9000rs oil gauge is pretty useful if you have the cash to spend coz its more of a show off and of no use for a real biker.

he was just cool on the bike and the bike behaved well in curves & uphill.
That I have to agree. Information is for what we all are here. But valid information is what we are looking for here.

I do not see any picture of a oil gauge posted by you. The one you have posted is a digital fuel gauge and it costs more than 25~30k with all hardware. It is not for 9k. And it's news to me that a fuel gauge is a 'show off' and 'no use for a real biker'!! Anyways, I would not like to get into that discussion. But I feel a fuel gauge, even a basic dial one, is a necessity and that a bike maker like Harley omits one on their Sportster models (though its present on the Softail namely the Fat Boy in question) and gives just a low fuel warning light is a big omission by the company.

Cheers...
Old 21st June 2016, 14:48   #32

We got the first service done and the odometer shows around 2200Kms right now. Updates from last 3 months are below:

1. Got the bike serviced at 1500Kms
2. Installed lockable fuel cap
3. Installed new horn

Both horn and fuel cap were bought from showroom itself and they seem to be working well. The horn is loud and works well for me.

We have done few small rides:

1. Trip to Rishikesh
2. Trip to Agra (Yamuna Expressway)
3. Couple of Trips on Expressway till Jewar

Few pics attached.

Fat Beauties
My 2016 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy-img_20160313_112808.jpg

That's Amit
My 2016 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy-img_20160313_112825.jpg

That's yours truly
My 2016 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy-img_20160313_112846.jpg

We met a small bikers group while coming back from Agra
My 2016 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy-img_20160313_154521.jpg

There was a guy following us with a blue beacon and I thought he must be some politician or something. To our surprise, we found out that the dude was a photographer just wanted to click nice pictures of Harley. He sent us this photo from his facebook page.
My 2016 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy-1400349_1674840842774258_1619122711080524653_o.jpg

Big Announcement:

We are riding down to Leh on 2nd July,2016. In total, we will have 2 Fatboys, 2 Royal Enfield and 1 Mahindra Scorpio.

The route we plan to take is below:

Delhi - Jammu - Srinagar- Kargil (We may do Zanskar this time if it all looks good)
Kargil - Leh - Nubra - Turtuk (Never been there. Last time I came back from Hunder)
Leh - Pangong - Tso Moriri - Manali - Delhi

I have been to Leh in 2012 (Delhi - Srinagar - Leh - Manali) on Royal Enfield and I made a failed attempt in 2010 (Delhi - Manali - Sarchu - Nakeela - Sarchu - Manali - Delhi) when cloudburst happened and I had to return back from Sarchu.

Looking forward to the tips from experts who have been to Leh on Harley.
realnapster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 17:11   #33
BHPian

Lovely Bike .... Enjoy !! I loved your Dads comment ... tractor !!!! hahahahah
Old 27th December 2016, 20:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for fatboy. can you please share your experience on neck to neck traffic and maneuvering in day to day ride. I am confused between street bob and fatboy. the massive fatboy looks difficult for daily city ride
Old 28th December 2016, 00:03   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am confused between street bob and fatboy. the massive fatboy looks difficult for daily city ride
Best will be to go for extended drives in your city, I will be inclined towards street bob, it rides and handles much easier. Do try Triumph Storm also.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 00:51   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Congrats for fatboy. can you please share your experience on neck to neck traffic and maneuvering in day to day ride. I am confused between street bob and fatboy. the massive fatboy looks difficult for daily city ride
I ride it a couple of times every week to the office which is roughly 10KMS from my place and I never faced any problems. It's easy to handle or maybe I have gotten used it. I suggest you take the extended test drive and decide for yourself.
Old 28th December 2016, 17:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realnapster View Post
I ride it a couple of times every week to the office which is roughly 10KMS from my place and I never faced any problems. It's easy to handle or maybe I have gotten used it. I suggest you take the extended test drive and decide for yourself.
Thanks for the suggestion. I took a long ride today and found the the ride comfortable. There was a little turn disconnect but i believe it will improve over the time. Handling and handle bar ergonomics were quite good. This is a big bike and looked like an occasional ride instead of a daily commute. I will again do an extensive ride of street bob before finalizing one. My current RE Desertstorm need to go now. The only hurdle now is convincing my family.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks