Team-BHP - Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/178878-paid-z800-but-no-bike-kawasaki-uncooperative-edit-bikes-delivered-page-11-a-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandheers (Post 4032333)
This is crazy and true as can be.
Thanks for your time to cover this GTO and Tbhp.

I sold off my 2012 Ninja 650 in April and decided to go for the Kawasaki Z800.

Paid up a down payment of 4.25 lacs and financed the balance from HDFC - entire payment done and loan disbursed to Palm Beach Kawasaki on 27th April.

kindly file a complaint with the police and get an FIR Registered under Sections 406,420 and 120-B of the Indian Penal Code,1860. Ensure that the Directors of the dealership and Kawasaki India are named in the FIR. You should also pursue the matter in the State Consumer Disputes Commission as this amounts to deficiency of service (In case all the customers wish to file a consumer complaint collectively and as a result the total paid up amount becomes more than INR One Crore then the complaint may be filed before the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission at New Delhi) These remedies are independent of each other and also independent of your right to sue for damages and/or seek specific performance of the contract.
By making the payment you (as in all customers) have entrusted your property to them and non-refund/non-delivery of bikes has made the dealership liable for the offences of criminal breach of trust and cheating.

Anybody staying in Navi Mumbai / Palm Beach side who can check and see whether the showroom is still functional or shut down or on the verge of shutting down? Are there display bikes in the showroom or have they been taken away?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 4032598)
Anybody staying in Navi Mumbai / Palm Beach side who can check and see whether the showroom is still functional or shut down or on the verge of shutting down? Are there display bikes in the showroom or have they been taken away?

It is on the verge of shutting down. Boards taken down. Condition looked like its been teared down. Barely saw 1-2 bikes, not sure which they were.

Thanks DV, If you ride or drive down that side - could we have a pic too?

So where do Mumbai Kawasaki owners go now to service their bikes? Do they have to go all the way to Pune? And where in Pune - SNK or Khivraj?

Or are we going to receive news of IKM announcing the opening of another showroom -
Quote:

- for further expanding their business to Mumbai area
- where all staffs are very thoroughly, well prepared, hardworking and knowledgeable. - where they will provide excellent service to the customers.
- where they will be in full support for us and glad to share the same destination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 4032636)
Thanks DV, If you ride or drive down that side - could we have a pic too?

So where do Mumbai Kawasaki owners go now to service their bikes? Do they have to go all the way to Pune? And where in Pune - SNK or Khivraj?

Or are we going to receive news of IKM announcing the opening of another showroom -

There is a dealership/service center at Saki Naka (kawasaki.ahujaautomobiles.in). He sells/services kawasaki and ktm motorcycles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by farhadtarapore (Post 4032641)
There is a dealership/service center at Saki Naka (kawasaki.ahujaautomobiles.in). He sells/services kawasaki and ktm motorcycles.

I believe the Sakinaka dealer is a Bajaj/KTM/Kawasaki dealer - but they are authorized to service only Kawasaki's below 800cc - so Ninja 250/300, 650, Versys 650, Z250. 800cc and above Kawasaki's were authorized only to KPB in Mumbai and SNK in Pune.

Speaking to many from the superbike fraternity- here is your solution
1. Consumer Forum and demand that the Company take liability.
2. Consumer Forum and demand that you
a) get your booking amount back with interest and court fees
b) get your bike delivered.

After the drama with Ducati and Skoda and then Chordia and Satyen- this is not anything new- it was bound to happen.

It is also a lacuna in the payment system that i am horrified to see buyers paying up 50% or more of the bikes value at booking! Even Harley, of which I have bought three- has never charged me more than 50K to 1L for booking bikes of street value of 16L.

Forget that- gentlemen- go to the Consumer Forum or court.

Find like minded customers who faced this issue with ducati and skoda- take their advice.

I wish a speedy end to this matter.

On an aside- many super bikers and HD owners shifted to Triumph- and I am yet to hear of the Triumph dealerhsip 'thugging' a Client.... Wonder why someone before me in this thread dissed them/?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 4032598)

There's one tattered board, the showroom is devoid of all furniture now and just one table and maybe a chair.

All demo/test bikes have been sold off in May end or June first half.
What's pitiable is that I have been recently contacted by 2 customers who booked their bikes and paid as late as June and July.
This is the sole fault of IKM, they should announce, take account and ensure many more are not falling in this trap - but they haven't even acknowledged, let alone help.

One thing that I fail to understand is - there were news of the Palm Beach outlet shutting down even before it was unveiled. I used to wonder then if they really had to shut down, why would IKM or SNK invest so much in a new showroom. I was told my many that KPB was shutting down, but never believed it due to this reason. I had recently got my Z serviced in Jan this year and all seemed good. If there was any indication that this was to happen - it's very strange why IKM did not warn customers and still had KPB listed as their dealership on their website - and still continue to list it.

Kawasaki India | Dealer Locator
Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11)-screenshot_20160810161931.png

Kawasaki India | Showrooms
Paid for Z800, but no bike! Kawasaki uncooperative. EDIT: Bikes delivered (page 11)-screenshot_20160810161844.png

I had visited them sometime in March as I was interested in the new 10R and the wanted to see the updated 14R, but, they had none of those bikes for test drive as they had been taken for the Valley Run. I had left my contact details and asked them to get back to me once they have the 10R available for a test ride, but never heard back from them, which is no longer surprising. I guess they only targeted customers who visited the showroom with a booking amount and never followed up with other prospective customers.

But, what is alarming that they were able to do this and continue accepting customers booking amount up till June/ July as posted by someone above.:Shockked:

Really, feel sorry for everyone, who have landed in this mess and for existing customers, who don't know where to go for spares and service and God forbid if any bike needs accidental repairs. :Frustrati

From what I understand, it is just this showroom on the Palm beach that is on the verge of shutting down. So its the fault at the dealer level but hasn't the company intervened at all? Did anyone send a legal notice yet? apart from the legal way is there anything that can be done?
I feel sorry for the brothers who have been cheated like this.:mad:

May I suggest to include the Japanese Kawasaki counter parts in your email, specifically the Kawasaki Japan PR team.

I understand that questionable practices led by subsidiary companies' (IKM in this instance) dealerships, that are located in foreign lands (outside parent companies home location) - may not call for direct involvement of the parent company (due to legality involved). However, when it comes to market credibility at risk, nothing should stop a parent company from being involved to rectify. Let's hope the same happens with Kawasaki, and hence the pull for the PR team.

If anybody from our forum has contacts in Kawasaki Japan, could you please forward them to GTO and mandheers?

This is unbelievable, a brand like Kawasaki is also down to these levels with absolutely no authority over their dealerships or any sort of control on their Indian operations. How can such cheating happen these days, recently there was news about a Skoda dealership who took money but refused to deliver cars and now this. Unless the consumer protection laws in our country become strong and deliver verdicts quickly, scumbags like these will keep doing such frauds.

Brands like these would not even dream about doing such things in any foreign country because the laws are so strict. Didn't Kawasaki had a tie up with Bajaj auto, am off the biking scene for a few years but a few years back, Kawasaki was operating sales/service in alliance with Bajaj and Kawasaki customers were happy with the service levels since Bajaj keeps a strict control over its dealerships.

7 months is way too long to wait for a bike, go the legal way, go to the court and teach these frauds a lesson, this should get a verdict quickly. Hope the banks also hire top lawyers and file cases against this dealership and Kawasaki.

It is a sad state of affairs, we pay twice/thrice the amount for such products and still do not get spares/service on time, every brand like this takes us for granted. Hope you guys get your money soon.

People should see the product first, do a small PDI and then only release the full payment.When i had bought my Hyosung GT650R in 2012, i had inspected the whole bike before releasing the final amount, the sales man was a close friend but i really do not trust any one in matters like these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4031905)
To add other complaints separately:

Here's Navin Bharti's experience:

I know Navin personally and he is a hard core bike enthusiast. Like any youngster, Navin had been saving money for quite some time to buy his dream machine. It is ironical and very heartbreaking that a nominated dealer is behaving in such a manner. His EMIs have already started and there is no sight of the bike as yet..

The dealer has been making false promises and loud claims but nothing has happened so far. I am very disappointed and shocked that Kawasaki India has failed to sit up and take notice. As per Navin, there are 11 more people that have been cheated by the dealer concerned. This is a hugely shocking number and the dealer should have been blacklisted by now. He is still openly accepting money from gullible public under Kawasaki's guise and openly taking everyone for a ride..

Kawasaki, you owe us an answer !! :mad:

Damn! A fraud right in front of my eyes! I stay in the next building to the showroom and regularly keep looking at it while going out. It is such a shame that not only did they take the money and are not delivering the vehicles but the state of our judicial system to take up the matter and close the case quickly. I'm pretty sure the owners are very well off and have siphoned off the funds/moved abroad. Unbelievable, have no words really. I'll visit the showroom tomorrow itself to see if they are taking any new bookings.