Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2017, 20:32   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Have kept my Versys plans on hold for now - but I am wondering whether it is worth buying a Versys anymore with the kind of issues cropping up year after year. Might as well wait for a year or 2 and save up for the Tiger
V12 I strongly recommend to stay away from the Versys even though it's a awesome bike and very good value for money. Reason to stay away is non existent after sales service. It's sad that such a capable machine is let down by such easily fixable issues
Naztone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 11:46   #17
BHPian

Re: Finally! Kawasaki opens a new dealership in Mumbai

A new Kawasaki Lifeventure (mods not sure if I have spelt this correctly) showroom is scheduled to open shortly next to the KTM showroom near Richmond flyover in Bangalore. I will manage to get a picture tomorrow
Old 22nd February 2017, 18:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Pricing of Kawasakis set to go up from 15k to 60k (depending on bike) by this or next month. They have lost the plot.

Just convinced a friend who was a fan of the ZX14 and all set to book it, to buy the Busa which was delivered to him in 1 day! It really is a no brainer.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 08:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
A new Kawasaki Lifeventure (mods not sure if I have spelt this correctly) showroom is scheduled to open shortly next to the KTM showroom near Richmond flyover in Bangalore. I will manage to get a picture tomorrow
As promised, Attaching the image.
Apologies the name is RIDEVENTURE and not Lifeventure as mentioned previously

Finally! Kawasaki opens a new dealership in Mumbai-kawasaki.jpg

Last edited by srivatsahg : 23rd February 2017 at 08:59. Reason: Changing the quote to appear before my reply
srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:05   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Just convinced a friend who was a fan of the ZX14 and all set to book it, to buy the Busa which was delivered to him in 1 day! It really is a no brainer.
The only major price difference between Kawasaki and Suzuki models is when it comes to the ZX14R and Busa, because the latter is assembled in Gurgoan.
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
As promised, Attaching the image.
Apologies the name is RIDEVENTURE and not Lifeventure as mentioned previously
Unfortunately, there is still no update on where the service center is going to be. For the time being after the new showroom opens, Khivraj will still continue as the service center at the tiny place in Kasturba road.

New service center is expected to take around six more months to open.
Old 24th February 2017, 00:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The only major price difference between Kawasaki and Suzuki models is when it comes to the ZX14R and Busa, because the latter is assembled in Gurgoan.
Yes, I know that and it was a good move by Suzuki. By the way, the GSXR-1000 and the Bandit 1250 are also cheaper than the ZX-10R and Z1000.

Plus the service from Suzuki is also better.

Last edited by straight6 : 24th February 2017 at 00:43.
Old 24th February 2017, 12:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, the GSXR-1000 and the Bandit 1250 are also cheaper than the ZX-10R and Z1000.

Plus the service from Suzuki is also better.
The biggest issue is the bandit is now way to old to compete with the Z1000. It looks like a design from the pre 2000's. Another problem is Suzuki never seems to have a display or test ride bike available to see at any dealer in Bangalore. When I had asked about the bandit in 2013, they showed me a crashed bike at the service center.

I'm not very sure Suzuki service is better, my friends with Suzuki's are reasonably unhappy.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 15:06   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pricing of Kawasakis set to go up from 15k to 60k (depending on bike) by this or next month. They have lost the plot.

Wow that might push the Ninja 300 close to the 4.6 lac mark in Bangalore, it sure is not worth that money.
Old 24th February 2017, 15:24   #25
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I think prices have already gone up. Pune OTR price of the Versys 650 is 8.3 Lakhs as on today. It used to be 7.4 lakhs OTR till a month back.

Kolkata OTR prices for the Versys 650 is 8.02 Lakhs. So I think the price hike across the country has already taken place.
Old 24th February 2017, 16:34   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I think prices have already gone up. Pune OTR price of the Versys 650 is 8.3 Lakhs as on today. It used to be 7.4 lakhs OTR till a month back.Kolkata OTR prices for the Versys 650 is 8.02 Lakhs. So I think the price hike across the country has already taken place.
Woah! Is this news for sure?

This is nothing but, pure arrogance. Going by the success of the Versys (sold > 200 units in a year) they bumped up the price by ~ 1 lakh?

30k-40K is understandable but, increasing it this much is stupidity.

This means the upcoming Z900 will be easily > 10 Lakhs to keep a gap between these products
Old 24th February 2017, 21:59   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

This is nothing but, pure arrogance. Going by the success of the Versys (sold > 200 units in a year) they bumped up the price by ~ 1 lakh?

30k-40K is understandable but, increasing it this much is stupidity.

This means the upcoming Z900 will be easily > 10 Lakhs to keep a gap between these products
Has nothing to do with success or lack thereof. They are now going to import things and do logistics for all parts and bikes themselves. Further, all their service centers will be new and they will be looking to improve margins to set off all forthcoming investments in branding and advertising.

Service costs and spare prices will be next on the list. Already confirmed through various sources.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 22:39   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Service costs and spare prices will be next on the list. Already confirmed through various sources.
Well, that is so unlike start-ups (they are one considering their current situation) where ROI expectation spread out much later and not right from day one of investments.

This will only make customer shy away from their products which brings me back to my earlier point. They are confident that customers will continue to buy their products knowing they are good despite this steep hike

Also, If the prices that are being discussed is true for labour cost then I think will have to sell it in profit and exit the V business or worst case is to learn how to service the bike myself
Old 24th February 2017, 22:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Lets at least begin to get parts, only then can we pay more for them.

The Bangalore service center is so sad that it sometimes doesn't have stock of filters and oil for service.
Old 25th February 2017, 09:25   #30
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yes sir I confirmed this with Pune Kawasaki dealer as well as Kolkata Kawasaki dealer so the price hike seems to be actually true.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks