Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2017, 01:39   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally! Kawasaki opens a new dealership in Mumbai

Finally after shutting down its Vashi showroom (Kawasaki Palm Beach or SNK Palm Beach - link to their history), Kawasaki has now opened its showroom in Mumbai. I feel it's a very wise decision since most of the Kawasaki superbikes were sold in either Pune or Mumbai and it didn't make sense to have the showroom / dealer out of Mumbai.

IKM had announced this during the SNK fiasco that they would be setting up something within Mumbai and have indeed lived upto their promises. The new showroom is situated bang in between Triumph and Benelli in HubTown Viva on the Western Express Highway in Andheri East. It replaces the Indian showroom.

Being next to 2 brands who hand over test rides to prospective buyers at the drop of a hat - it would really be disappointing if IKM sticks to their illogical policy of "No Test Rides".

Here's wishing IKM all the best in their new venture. With Triumph and it's excellent sales team as it's neighbour, it's going to be tough for Kawasaki to match up.

Kawasaki board put up. Showroom yet to open.
Finally! Kawasaki opens a new dealership in Mumbai-img20170109wa0005.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 10th January 2017 at 11:03. Reason: Adding a link to the older thread :). Thanks for sharing!
v12 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 08:37   #2
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Finally! Kawasaki opens a new dealership in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Being next to 2 brands who hand over test rides to prospective buyers at the drop of a hat - it would really be disappointing if IKM sticks to their illogical policy of "No Test Rides".
Khivraj Kawasaki is the sole dealer of Kawasaki CBU's in Pune and they do have Z800 and Z1000 test ride bikes available at their Koregaon Park showroom. This was not the case with SNK guys in Pune as they provided test rides only inside their compound premises wherein one could hardly exceed 15 kph.

So I am guessing most likely IKM will offer test rides and that stretch of road outside Hubtown Viva in Jogeshwari is ideal to ride the bikes at varying speeds given if the traffic is low.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 10:45   #3
BHPian

re: Finally! Kawasaki opens a new dealership in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
This was not the case with SNK guys in Pune as they provided test rides only inside their compound premises wherein one could hardly exceed 15 kph.
Interesting, I didn't know SNK was so stingy with test drives. When I went to Pune to pick up my Z. They let me test the Ninja 1000 and offered me a test of the 14R. Both on the outside (public) road.

Last edited by VellVector : 10th January 2017 at 10:46. Reason: Clarity.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 13:48   #4
BHPian

Re: Finally! Kawasaki opens a new dealership in Mumbai

KTM dealerships have stopped taking booking for Kawasaki bikes (Z250, N300 & 650) if they do not have it in stock. So it's pretty clear that all Kawasaki bikes will be sold under IKM going forward. Right from Z250 all the way up to H2R under one roof.

KTM had a huge service network, let's see how soon Kawasaki can capitalize and open service center's across the country to cater to all their bikes.
Sachin_Nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 16:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair View Post
KTM dealerships have stopped taking booking for Kawasaki bikes (Z250, N300 & 650) if they do not have it in stock. So it's pretty clear that all Kawasaki bikes will be sold under IKM going forward. Right from Z250 all the way up to H2R under one roof.

KTM had a huge service network, let's see how soon Kawasaki can capitalize and open service center's across the country to cater to all their bikes.
I agree with the service network but I am sure Kawasaki will provide better service as its their own product and they will not want customers to wait for months for parts to arrive.

Am waiting desperately for the new N650 to launch now. Hope its soon.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 19:40   #6
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Kawasaki Showroom page has been updated with details of showrooms opening shortly in Delhi & Chennai - but still doesn't have any mention of the Mumbai showroom.
Old 18th January 2017, 22:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
So I am guessing most likely IKM will offer test rides and that stretch of road outside Hubtown Viva in Jogeshwari is ideal to ride the bikes at varying speeds given if the traffic is low.
I wouldn't call the Jogeshwari stretch as 'ideal' since traffic on the WEH is almost always congested. On the contrary, the Palm Beach road was perfect to really take a brief td of these awesome machines.

Nonetheless, I'm glad they opened the new showroom and its quite relieving to see IKM take the right steps in building faith amongst the community again. Not to mention that it was really disheartening to see that deserted Navi Mumbai showroom.

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 18th January 2017 at 22:13.
Old 24th January 2017, 15:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Don't be too excited about this dealership guys. The service head appointed here has absolutely no prior experience of service. The only reason he's hired is because the guy in charge of hiring is his close friend and the package offered to him is a fraction of what other experienced people asked for.

That's how the owner of the business works so you can imagine the mentality and the kind of service you can expect later. Can't wait to see what happens when a complex mechanical issue comes up.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 21:24   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
That's how the owner of the business works so you can imagine the mentality and the kind of service you can expect later. Can't wait to see what happens when a complex mechanical issue comes up.
Lets give that person a chance to prove himself. Every one will a first timer sometime, but if he has the zest to help his customer's he will prove to be the best person, but if he is laid back and has bad attitude, then that will be a problem.
kailashnj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 23:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Lets give that person a chance to prove himself. Every one will a first timer sometime, but if he has the zest to help his customer's he will prove to be the best person, but if he is laid back and has bad attitude, then that will be a problem.

I wonder if you'd like to give him a chance to service your private jet without any formal training. I don't think so!

Just so you know (in case an arguement is brewing up ), i know the person well and he's got only sales experience before this.
Old 25th January 2017, 22:53   #11
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally the Kawasaki Mumbai showroom details are up on the IKM website.

http://kawasaki-india.com/showrooms/

Kawasaki Mumbai(OPENING SHORTLY)

Hubtown Viva, Unit No. 4 & 5,
Ground Floor,
Mumbai – 4000060,
Maharashtra.
(m): +91 – 92232 58301
Email: sales@kawasakimumbai.com

However the KawasakiMumbai.com website is still not functional.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 20:49   #12
BHPian

While it's good news that Kawasaki is opening- at present people who bought the Versys and it's 650 siblings are having a tough time getting even basic parts like oil filters at the KTM service centers..... That's real bad implementation
Old 27th January 2017, 23:32   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes Naztone, I've been hearing about the same. Although I am this close to booking the Versys, there is something that is holding me back. With Kawasaki and Bajaj-KTM splitting , the number of places where you can get your Kawasaki has reduced from minimum to just 1 in Mumbai. While it is good news for those staying in the vicinity of the showroom it would be a pain for those staying on the outskirts of Mumbai. Wondering if Kawasaki is going to setup more service centers throughout Mumbai to take care of the Versys/Ninja owners.
Old 3rd February 2017, 21:00   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Don't be too excited about this dealership guys. The service head appointed here has absolutely no prior experience of service. The only reason he's hired is because the guy in charge of hiring is his close friend and the package offered to him is a fraction of what other experienced people asked for.

Hey, how did you get to know about the services ? Its unfair to start judging before getting to know or experiencing the service levels
Old 7th February 2017, 14:20   #15
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Kawasaki India website still lists the KTM showrooms as dealers for Kawasaki bikes - even though they have stopped taking bookings and servicing. Being hearing a lot of people facing issues with having their bikes serviced. I can't understand why they cannot inform the customers about such changes and why they do not communicate these changes on their website.

Have kept my Versys plans on hold for now - but I am wondering whether it is worth buying a Versys anymore with the kind of issues cropping up year after year. Might as well wait for a year or 2 and save up for the Tiger

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks